Getting tired of Rex saying...

4HCrew

Well I will take it..how about this Rex...your team plays lights out as unit. It is almost to the point where your team is winning on talent alone...The game and time management is brutal and now your defense is once again falling apart. Enough with the talk, start coaching your f'ing team.. You're a couple of bad losses away from being Herman Edwards. It sucks to know that this team can play with anyone but continues to self destruct at the worst times

Well I will take it..how about this Rex...your team plays lights out as unit. It is almost to the point where your team is winning on talent alone...The game and time management is brutal and now your defense is once again falling apart. Enough with the talk, start coaching your f'ing team.. You're a couple of bad losses away from being Herman Edwards. It sucks to know that this team can play with anyone but continues to self destruct at the worst times

+1, brother. I am really getting tired of his shtick. Just STFU, act like professionals, and play football. Now we have to go through two weeks where the Jets act like they won the Super Bowl because they backed into the playoffs, meanwhile the Pats walked away with the division again, almost uncontested, and do it without looking like total dicks.

+1, brother. I am really getting tired of his shtick. Just STFU, act like professionals, and play football. Now we have to go through two weeks where the Jets act like they won the Super Bowl because they backed into the playoffs, meanwhile the Pats walked away with the division again, almost uncontested, and do it without looking like total dicks.

+2

I'm just tired of hearing him talk in the press conferences about how they're working on fixing the problems. The clock problems have been consistent all year. The misuse of timeouts has been consistent all year. I can deal with some of the defensive problems because those are personnel-based and there's simply nothing you can do about it in the meantime except make due, but time management is something that can definitely improved upon in-season and his entire staff seems like they don't prep for any of it during the week. The past two games have been severely mismanaged in the 4th quarter from a clock standpoint. People were willing to overlook them because we were still getting the W, but when it starts directly contributing to losses, it's officially a big problem that you have to acknowledge. Either Rex needs to change his approach to situational drills in practices or he needs to bring someone on staff like Herm did. There's no shame in admitting you're weak in an area and that you need some help, no coach is without their faults and Rex is a very good coach for the most part, but just admit it already dude.

I'm just tired of hearing him talk in the press conferences about how they're working on fixing the problems. The clock problems have been consistent all year. The misuse of timeouts has been consistent all year. I can deal with some of the defensive problems because those are personnel-based and there's simply nothing you can do about it in the meantime except make due, but time management is something that can definitely improved upon in-season and his entire staff seems like they don't prep for any of it during the week. The past two games have been severely mismanaged in the 4th quarter from a clock standpoint. People were willing to overlook them because we were still getting the W, but when it starts directly contributing to losses, it's officially a big problem that you have to acknowledge. Either Rex needs to change his approach to situational drills in practices or he needs to bring someone on staff like Herm did. There's no shame in admitting you're weak in an area and that you need some help, no coach is without their faults and Rex is a very good coach for the most part, but just admit it already dude.

I just repped you, Doug. And I want you to know that I did it by clicking the mouse with my tongue. Great post.

Going on 4th down at your own 40 early in the game, and punting the ball at their 40 late in the game made no sense.

With the D playing like they were, I don't fault going for it. Smith should have made the catch and then it's a different game and Rex is applauded for being gutsy.

Now the 4th down punt was absolutley ridiculous.

With the D playing like they were, I don't fault going for it. Smith should have made the catch and then it's a different game and Rex is applauded for being gutsy.

Because it didn't end up working?

Really, I'm surprised that each and every one of you came out of this with the same take on that punt. I could totally see it either way. You got for it on 4th and 6 (low percentage) and miss, they have a short field. You punt it away, they are backed up into their endzone and if you get the stop you should get the ball back around midfield. Remember you need a touchdown at this point. If they punt us down to our 20, we're going to have some trouble.

Also, bottom line this team is in the playoffs. You're not going to get me down about a team that clinched their playoff spot week 16. I don't mean to be a **** but I have to encourage you to get over yourselves.

Going on 4th down at your own 40 early in the game, and punting the ball at their 40 late in the game made no sense.

The 4th down pass in what seemed like a field position game made no sense. Want to go for it, line up your offense, because the Bears weren't fooled at all once they saw Sanchez in the game. Would've been better to put Sanchez under center and see if they burn a timeout than do what they did.

The 4th down pass in what seemed like a field position game made no sense. Want to go for it, line up your offense, because the Bears weren't fooled at all once they saw Sanchez in the game. Would've been better to put Sanchez under center and see if they burn a timeout than do what they did.

This seemed like a FIELD POSITION game to you?

Really, I'm surprised that each and every one of you came out of this with the same take on that punt. I could totally see it either way. You got for it on 4th and 6 (low percentage) and miss, they have a short field. You punt it away, they are backed up into their endzone and if you get the stop you should get the ball back around midfield. Remember you need a touchdown at this point. If they punt us down to our 20, we're going to have some trouble.

Also, bottom line this team is in the playoffs. You're not going to get me down about a team that clinched their playoff spot week 16. I don't mean to be a **** but I have to encourage you to get over yourselves.

With the way the D was playing and the amount of time left, you don't punt it there. Plus the O was moving the ball all game so 6 yards I don't think was a stretch.

Not sure who the last part of your post was directed at but I for one have said in many posts that I'm happy we are in the playoffs and anything can happen once you're in the dance.

With the way the D was playing and the amount of time left, you don't punt it there. Plus the O was moving the ball all game so 6 yards I don't think was makable.

Not sure who the last part of your post was directed at but I for one have said in many posts that I'm happy we are in the playoffs and anything can happen once you're in the dance.

You gotta remember that stoic was the guy running around saying WOOHOO 9-2.. and then WOO HOO 9-3..and then WOO HOO 9-4..and then WOO HOO 10-4..and now WOO HOO 10-5. in his mind the Jets are perfect and anybody that says anything is a crybaby.

My take is that this is a discussion board. and if we want to discuss any part of the game we can. but others take anything other than being gleeful as being a non fan.

My point was the field position. they both are the opposite decision. early in the game WITH A LEAD you punt the ball from your side of the field on the road. and you go for it on 4th down in the Bears territory on 4th down late in the game trailing by 7 points..

You gotta remember that stoic was the guy running around saying WOOHOO 9-2.. and then WOO HOO 9-3..and then WOO HOO 9-4..and then WOO HOO 10-4..and now WOO HOO 10-5. in his mind the Jets are perfect and anybody that says anything is a crybaby.

My take is that this is a discussion board. and if we want to discuss any part of the game we can. but others take anything other than being gleeful as being a non fan.

Who am I to stop you? I didn't stop you. I disagreed with you, as I always do.. because you want to hate on the team after every single loss... even when we were 9-3 you were pissing and moaning. Today we make the playoffs, more pissing, more moaning. It doesn't surprise me anymore, but its still just as ludicrous as usual.

Who am I to stop you? I didn't stop you. I disagreed with you, as I always do.. because you want to hate on the team after every single loss... even when we were 9-3 you were pissing and moaning. Today we make the playoffs, more pissing, more moaning. It doesn't surprise me anymore, but its still just as ludicrous as usual.

Link? quoted post? you think it was a smart call doing the fake punt with the lead in our own territory on the road? (that we just got) and throwing the ball to brad smith? you just said in this thread that it was a brilliant call.

Really, I'm surprised that each and every one of you came out of this with the same take on that punt. I could totally see it either way

that is what is ludicrous. you are the dream police.

With the way the D was playing and the amount of time left, you don't punt it there. Plus the O was moving the ball all game so 6 yards I don't think was a stretch.

The fake punt occured on the first possesion of the 2nd half with the Jets up 24-17. The defense wasn't terrible up until that point. They had given up 17 points, but one of those TDs was on a short field after the Santonio fumble. Even Simms was commenting on how well the secondary was playing at that time.

The fake punt was an awful decision and I'm not second guessing, as I said it at the time. And I'm sure he didn't decide to fake punt because he felt the defense couldn't stop the Bears. I'm sure it was the opposite.

Fake punting on 4th and 3 from your own 40, up 7 points on the first drive of the 2nd half, with your QB who is not normally on the punt team on the field is not a smart play. I know Smith dropped the pass, but it's a "high risk low reward" play. It’s not like it sets you up for an easy field goal or puts you in a direct position to score a TD. Even if you make it, you still have to go 60 yards for a TD.

One play later, the Bears tie game and then reel off 21 straight points. That play changed the entire momentum of the game.

Rex better wake up. His confidence in his defense, while admirable, is totally misguided. They're just not that good, especially on 3rd down.

All that said, I'm not a Rex basher. I think he's a good coach and we're lucky to have him. But he is still a young head coach who has never done it before at any level. It's different than being a coordinator and he's still learning. He's passionate and confident in his defense, I believe at times too confident, which influence some bad "head coaching" decisions. But I think he'll learn to make better decisions as a head coach.

Bottom line is we're in the tourney, you have to be in it to win it, our young QB is tough and developing into a very good player, and we can play with any team there on any given day.

The fake punt occured on the first possesion of the 2nd half with the Jets up 24-17. The defense wasn't terrible up until that point. They had given up 17 points, but one of those TDs was on a short field after the Santonio fumble. Even Simms was commenting on how well the secondary was playing at that time.

The fake punt was an awful decision and I'm not second guessing, as I said it at the time. And I'm sure he didn't decide to fake punt because he felt the defense couldn't stop the Bears. I'm sure it was the opposite.

Fake punting on 4th and 3 from your own 40, up 7 points on the first drive of the 2nd half, with your QB who is not normally on the punt team on the field is not a smart play. I know Smith dropped the pass, but it's a "high risk low reward" play. It’s not like it sets you up for an easy field goal or puts you in a direct position to score a TD. Even if you make it, you still have to go 60 yards for a TD.

One play later, the Bears tie game and then reel off 21 straight points. That play changed the entire momentum of the game.

Rex better wake up. His confidence in his defense, while admirable, is totally misguided. They're just not that good, especially on 3rd down.

All that said, I'm not a Rex basher. I think he's a good coach and we're lucky to have him. But he is still a young head coach who has never done it before at any level. It's different than being a coordinator and he's still learning. He's passionate and confident in his defense, I believe at times too confident, which influence some bad "head coaching" decisions. But I think he'll learn to make better decisions as a head coach.

Bottom line is we're in the tourney, you have to be in it to win it, and we can play with any team there on any given day.

Great post and well said. I couldnt agree more.

They lead the league in 3 and outs. So, I guess there's TIMES but uh... 1st in the league on 3 and outs, man.

Great post and well said. I couldnt agree more.

You must NOT have read his post cause he said he likes Rex as a coach and is HAPPY that we are in the playoffs, you aren't.

They lead the league in 3 and outs. So, I guess there's TIMES but uh... 1st in the league on 3 and outs, man.

That's your reasoning? :rl: wtf are you even talking about?

You must NOT have read his post cause he said he likes Rex as a coach and is HAPPY that we are in the playoffs, you aren't.

More propaganda..lol I am on record saying Rex is a good coach and Im happy the Jets are in the playoffs.

Now tell me, why were you so gleefully happy that we made that decision on the fake punt with the lead on the road on our own side of the field. oh thats right, you cant answer that question :lol:

That's your reasoning? :rl: wtf are you even talking about?

More propaganda..lol I am on record saying Rex is a good coach and Im happy the Jets are in the playoffs.

Now tell me, why were you so gleefully happy that we made that decision on the fake punt with the lead on the road on our own side of the field. oh thats right, you cant answer that question :lol:

I didn't like the fake punt call. I never said I did.

I DID say I liked the PUNT call on 4th and 6 to back them up.

One quick question... How the hell did we "back into" the playoffs? We have 10 wins and no other wild card team will get to that win total. Did Pittsburgh back in last week when we beat them?

That's an old soj saying thats been going on since 1986. more often than not the Jets lose must win games to get in the playoffs. last year was an exception though when the Jets beat cincy in the last game of the season.

Losing to the NFC North champs on the road in a back and forth game is not backing into the playoffs. This wasnt your typical Jets loss. The offense battled all game. This game wasnt really disocuraging at all to me.

Miami was a slow death. This was a great game and Sanchez showed a lot. Greene and Braylon need the ball more. Defensively, the team just doesnt have the personel.

The elephant in the room is that Mike Martz depantsed Rex with the worst pass-pro OL in the league and a bunch of wideouts who need their playbooks written in crayon. That's a coaching issue too, and it goes a lot deeper than timeouts or fake punts, however misused they might be.

Leading the league in "3 and outs" is fine, but it doesn't necessarily translate to the "shutdown" defense that Rex claims to be.

In two of our most important games this year, one with a division title on the line and the other with a playoff birth in the balance, the defense has given up 45 and 38 points respectively. In at least 2 other games, the offense and special teams won games where the defense didn't play well.

C'mon really ... Do you think the Jets have been a good "3rd Down defense" this year? Do you think the defense is as good as it was last year. Do you think the Jets defense is as good as Rex thinks it is?

If you've watched the first 15 games of this year, I don't see how anyone can answer "yes" to any of the 3 questions above, regardless of leading the league in "3 and outs".

I don't think the Jet defense is terrible. They're certainly well above average. They're just not as good as Rex thinks they are, and his misguided confidence in his defense has influenced some bad game management decisions, which is my main point.

The elephant in the room is that Mike Martz depantsed Rex with the worst pass-pro OL in the league and a bunch of wideouts who need their playbooks written in crayon. That's a coaching issue too, and it goes a lot deeper than timeouts or fake punts, however misused they might be.

it's the players to me. if rex had the horses he would have the defense #1 like last year.

do posters here really think he forgot how to coach defense or that offenses only this season figured out to beat a blitz you attack the man to man coverage ?

really ?

then answer this

why couldn't offenses figure out how to beat rex's schemes and coaching when he had ray lewis and ed reed ?

I mean the TD on lowery would have been an INT or incomplete if he doesn't fall on his ******* face. I guess rex should have called a scheme where he doesn't fall on his ******* face

it's the players to me. if rex had the horses he would have the defense #1 like last year.

do posters here really think he forgot how to coach defense or that offenses only this season figured out to beat a blitz you attack the man to man coverage ?

really ?

then answer this

why couldn't offenses figure out how to beat rex's schemes and coaching when he had ray lewis and ed reed ?

I mean the TD on lowery would have been an INT or incomplete if he doesn't fall on his ******* face. I guess rex should have called a scheme where he doesn't fall on his ******* face

The Jets number one need..and it has been since Abraham left is a pass rusher. they have no pass rush without bringing the house. and remember, Rex made this monster of a defense (aka how great they are) by talking it up so much. now all of a sudden they suck?

The Jets number one need..and it has been since Abraham left is a pass rusher. they have no pass rush without bringing the house. and remember, Rex made this monster of a defense by talking it up so much. now all of a sudden they suck?

right

it's the lack of talent

thanks for illustrating my point

Archived