Collinsworth drops blizzard on 2014 Super Bowl

Bugg

Collinsworth asked a simple question; what precedent was set with tonight's postponement, and what happens if a similar storm hits NYC/NJ in time for the 2014 SUper Bowl? All fine and good to brag about playing in the elements, and the NFL has played in worse. But the NFL has no idea WTF they would do.

Will our stadium even last until 2014?

Our stadium was obsolete ten years ago.

As far as the weather situation, Goodell clearly took a calculated risk here. There was no "vote" to get the Super Bowl in NY--it was pre-determined in a shady backroom deal to get Woody and Mara the financing for that PSLsh*thole in the Meadowlands. I'm almost hoping for a Nor'easter up the a$$ of the NFL as a karmic dick-slap at Woody and Goodell, in particular.

Our stadium was obsolete ten years ago.

As far as the weather situation, Goodell clearly took a calculated risk here. There was no "vote" to get the Super Bowl in NY--it was pre-determined in a shady backroom deal to get Woody and Mara the financing for that PSLsh*thole in the Meadowlands. I'm almost hoping for a Nor'easter up the a$$ of the NFL as a karmic dick-slap at Woody and Goodell, in particular.

Your timelines are always effed up Tom.

The new Meadowlands wasn't awarded the 2014 SB until 6-8 months ago, long after the financing, which was done privately, was secured, in fact, after the building had already been built.

The Jets had been awarded last year's SB for the West Side Stadium as part of a deal to secure financing but the Dolans paid off Sheldon Silver to kill the project.

I know, I know. Facts are a bitch.

Your timelines are always effed up Tom.

The new Meadowlands wasn't awarded the 2014 SB until 6-8 months ago, long after the financing, which was done privately, was secured, in fact, after the building had already been built.

The Jets had been awarded last year's SB for the West Side Stadium as part of a deal to secure financing but the Dolans paid off Sheldon Silver to kill the project.

I know, I know. Facts are a bitch.

Must you sh*t all over ALL my conspiracy theories? :D

still yields the question.. why wasn't it built to be able to have a temporary dome... even if the teams do not want it for regular season/playoff play, why not build the damned thing so a temp dome can be used?

Sad thing is I think our team would be better in a dome.. Sanchez played great today but usually he's money in perfect conditions only.

still yields the question.. why wasn't it built to be able to have a temporary dome... even if the teams do not want it for regular season/playoff play, why not build the damned thing so a temp dome can be used?

Sad thing is I think our team would be better in a dome.. Sanchez played great today but usually he's money in perfect conditions only.

I love the Sanchez myth. Despite growing moutains of evidence to the contrary. Sanchez's best games of his career to date: today, last week and the two Bengals game last year: all played in freezing cold temps and piss poor windy, snowy conditions in the cities of Pittsburgh, East Rutherford, Chicago and Cincinnati.

This just in: the myth that Sanchez can't play in bad weather is dead and gone, the kid is an all-weather QB.

I love the Sanchez myth. Despite growing moutains of evidence to the contrary. Sanchez's best games of his career to date: today, last week and the two Bengals game last year: all played in freezing cold temps and piss poor windy, snowy conditions in the cities of Pittsburgh, East Rutherford, Chicago and Cincinnati.

This just in: the myth that Sanchez can't play in bad weather is dead and gone, the kid is an all-weather QB.

He is starting to prove it wrong, no question. I hope he continues to prove it. He's starting though, myth is not dead yet. Unfortunately, he's a southern california boy it will take a long time to prove it. In rain, he struggles.

You're only including "today" because Chicago dropped 2 stupid-easy interceptions. After completing however-many in a row, he couldn't have thrown an easier pass to a defender if that was his intention, only to have it bounce off his numbers. Most of his throws today were right on the money. But a few of them weren't merely overthrown or underthrown. They were easily able to be picked off.

I was glad to see him accurate on most of those passes, yes. It's a process and I keep telling myself the kid's only 24 and (barring injury) will probably look like a very different QB over the next 2-3 years and beyond.

It would go a long way if his receivers didn't act like they were auditioning for the lead in Invasion of the Body Catchers. Other than maybe LT, not one guy on this team catches the football with his hands unless the pass is 9 feet in the air and a jumping + full extension is needed. Who the hell is coaching them?

Every QB is better in a dome. You think our team would be better? Imagine some of those little RBs running routes on Harris, Scott and Taylor on fast track turf. It would be horrible.

because the Guants owners did not want a dome! period!

Archived