Is it just me or has Mark S played like Chad P

MangoJet

I am deathly afraid that teams are going to start picking up on what the Sanchez is doing, much like they did with Pennington. If you notice he didn't attempt any throws to the sidelines until the final INT.

Does Mark have enough of an arm (with the sore shoulder) to make those throws if a defense vowed to take away the middle of the field? I am not sure....

I don't think any Jets fan ever wants to go through another era of a "limited" QB.

That's why Schotty never has a good offense, he keeps getting these CP clones (like Brett Favre).

/Gato

Hmmm....what I say.

Your head.

Sanchez completing more passes, especially those 7-11 yard throws = good thing. When Pennington did that well it usually ended as well as a Pennington situation could end (unless it didn't).

I am deathly afraid that teams are going to start picking up on what the Sanchez is doing, much like they did with Pennington. If you notice he didn't attempt any throws to the sidelines until the final INT.

Does Mark have enough of an arm (with the sore shoulder) to make those throws if a defense vowed to take away the middle of the field? I am not sure....

I don't think any Jets fan ever wants to go through another era of a "limited" QB.

Sanchez can make throws noodle could only dream about.

Mark HAS to play that way. His range is ten to twelve yards down the field. Asking him to throw 20-25 yard strikes consistently is a recipe for disaster.

C'mon Tom.. Sanchez can put the ball in there when he has to..he rarely floats the ball like Chad did..Sanchez actually surprises me at times with his arm strength which is probably due to the fact that I was used to seeing Chad's ducks

Mark HAS to play that way. His range is ten to twelve yards down the field. Asking him to throw 20-25 yard strikes consistently is a recipe for disaster.

I think Sanchez has the arm to make any throw. He just needs more experience in judging the speed of NFL DBs.

Sanchez looked good yesterday and that's all that matters at this time. He forced the last throw and the defense knew it was coming. Yet at these many starts for the Jets I think Penny was just as effective if not more so. Have to compare both guys at the same time in their careers.

By the time Pennington had started 30 games in the NFL he was 28 years old and halfway through his fifth year on the Jets. All that after he played the full 4 years at Marshall. The last play is an example of the #1 danger with inexperienced QBs. Not recognizing the coverage. Simms clearly showed the way the sideline DB let Holmes go and the S came from the middle for the easy pick.

Love the scrambling to blame Sanchez's total inability to throw an intermediate out on anything that stands a better chance of suddenly improving than the fact that he has a sissy little girl arm. To be fair, it's probably all Schottenheimer's fault for not drawing up the play for Harris to fall down like Jason Allen did in the first Miami game.

C'mon Tom.. Sanchez can put the ball in there when he has to..he rarely floats the ball like Chad did..Sanchez actually surprises me at times with his arm strength which is probably due to the fact that I was used to seeing Chad's ducks

I think Sanchez has the arm to make any throw. He just needs more experience in judging the speed of NFL DBs.

I guess I just don't agree that Sanchez has the type of arm to make any throw. Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler--those guys make every throw. Mark can get a ball to the same spots on the field as those guys, but at nowhere near the speed he needs to to make it a worthwhile play. It's like, Randy Johnson and Greg Maddux could both throw a fastball, but if Maddux tried living off the fastball like Randy Johnson he'd get killed. Sanchez is a sinker/slider QB, not a fastball guy. When he gets into the mindset that he's going to take a five step drop and hold the ball and wait for Braylon to break open down the field, the offense turns to complete sh*t. He has to live off of the quick passes--the slants, the quick-hitters to Keller, the bootlegs--and he needs to do that forever. Sprinkle in the deep post every so often, or the bomb to Braylon, but they need to keep it to a minimum. Mark just doesn't have the tools to do it any other way, imo.

Sanchez can make the throws, he just needs to

1)Be a little more acurate

2) The receivers need to stop dropping balls.

Yesterday you had drops from Keller (end zone), a pair from Cotchery, another from Brad Smith.

He had a better game than Cutler yesterday. Cutler had a ridiculous third qtr but other than that he was pretty ordinary.

Sanchez has a better arm then chad ever did, but I think he'll always struggle a bit on deeper routes or routes to the ourside hashes. He's going to play his best ball if he attacks the short routes/middle of the field.

Very happy with the way he's turned it around after NE/Miami, he's making quicker decisions now

I guess I just don't agree that Sanchez has the type of arm to make any throw. Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler--those guys make every throw. Mark can get a ball to the same spots on the field as those guys, but at nowhere near the speed he needs to to make it a worthwhile play. It's like, Randy Johnson and Greg Maddux could both throw a fastball, but if Maddux tried living off the fastball like Randy Johnson he'd get killed. Sanchez is a sinker/slider QB, not a fastball guy. When he gets into the mindset that he's going to take a five step drop and hold the ball and wait for Braylon to break open down the field, the offense turns to complete sh*t. He has to live off of the quick passes--the slants, the quick-hitters to Keller, the bootlegs--and he needs to do that forever. Sprinkle in the deep post every so often, or the bomb to Braylon, but they need to keep it to a minimum. Mark just doesn't have the tools to do it any other way, imo.

Agreed, but going deep should be a regular part of the offense. It doesn't have much to do with arm strength and will keep defenses from strangling this offense to death by only defending the short/middle portions of the field and jumping routes..

They have made changes in the gameplan to not have Sanchez playing Madden football and start taking the quick drop and make a decisive throw. Its much more WCO style and there is nothing wrong with that as long as in most situations you are actually trying for a 1st down(absent sure the HAckett era) and keep defenses honest by using all of the field which the team does.

It's like, Randy Johnson and Greg Maddux could both throw a fastball, but if Maddux tried living off the fastball like Randy Johnson he'd get killed. Sanchez is a sinker/slider QB, not a fastball guy.

Dude, you've been making a LOT of analogies lately. Have you been reading books again?

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=104&position=P#pitchtype

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=60&position=P#pitchtype

All great pitchers work off of their fastball, which is their fastball, 95 MPH fastball or not. I think Sanchez's arm strength is a very overblown issue as he plays more games.

Archived