Questions for the PATS members here.

CapeCoralJetFan

I don't go to the Pats message board & read what they say. I'm sure that there are probably members that complain if they didn't beat the spread or when they are "upset" & lose. It seems that the assistant coaches from the Belechek tree are always in demand for HC opportunities. (Crenel, Weis, Mangini, etc.)

My question is this: Has Belechek ever "demoted", fired an assistant coach, or didn't renew their contract at the end of the season because they failed to do their job the "Belechek" way?

Just curious.

I don't go to the Pats message board & read what they say. I'm sure that there are probably members that complain if they didn't beat the spread or when they are "upset" & lose. It seems that the assistant coaches from the Belechek tree are always in demand for HC opportunities. (Crenel, Weis, Mangini, etc.)

My question is this: Has Belechek ever "demoted", fired an assistant coach, or didn't renew their contract at the end of the season because they failed to do their job the "Belechek" way?

Just curious.

I can't think of any off the top of my head. I do vaguely recall him taking over play calling duties, but I don't recall which year or assistant that was.

IMHO -- Typically the firing of an assistant is done as a scapegoat when things aren't going well, more than as an actual fix to a team problem. BB really hasn't needed to scapegoat.

I can't think of any off the top of my head. I do vaguely recall him taking over play calling duties, but I don't recall which year or assistant that was.

IMHO -- Typically the firing of an assistant is done as a scapegoat when things aren't going well, more than as an actual fix to a team problem. BB really hasn't needed to scapegoat.

Thanks, I didn't recall any either. I was just wondering how BB handled it.

Just curious.

BB has taken over play calling from Mangini on a couple of occasions when Mangini was both DC and DB's coach. Dan Pees (d-coordinator) was also "not retained" after last season. BB has had several coaches in his past that he "did not retain" - Pats speak for "fired."

Just curious.

Yes.

Brady Seely was not retained after after Special Teams continued to play poorly. He was a left over from the Pete Carrol regime. Dean Pees was another.

Question for Pats fans - what does it feel like knowing your team is going to win another SB? What does it feel like having the best QB ever?

I have no idea how it feels because I do not beleive the Pats will even make it to the SB, let alone win it. I just don't trust the defense.

I do have the best qb evah, though. ;)

Its all Belichick.

I firmly believe that Brady would not be the same with without him.

And, yes, youre right. NE will win its 4th SB.

.....awfully over-confident, PR. Not good. Do you really expect the ball handling to remain as stellar as it is? Truth is, they are due for a fumble or two and an interception or two. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. And, as I fear, it will happen at the worst time possible.

In addition, although the defense has improved by leaps and bounds, it's the offense that has allowed that growth. You play different when the offense gives you a 17 point cushion. The fast starts have been the Pats M-O. With the competition being real stiff in the playoffs, that fast start will be hard to come by.

Its all Belichick.

I wish I could get at you with something to fight back, but I've got nothing. I truly believe Michael Vick is our only hope of stopping a 4th ring. Steelers with Polamalu, maybe...but they already failed once. Maybe Atlanta? I suppose you never count out the defending champs either, but that's really about it.

It must be a nice time to be a Pats fan. Still...at least we're going to the playoffs, and it is true that anything can happen.

.....awfully over-confident, PR. Not good. Do you really expect the ball handling to remain as stellar as it is? Truth is, they are due for a fumble or two and an interception or two. You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. And, as I fear, it will happen at the worst time possible.

In addition, although the defense has improved by leaps and bounds, it's the offense that has allowed that growth. You play different when the offense gives you a 17 point cushion. The fast starts have been the Pats M-O. With the competition being real stiff in the playoffs, that fast start will be hard to come by.

One thing I can say almost for certain is that if and when it does, it won't be a Brady error. Maybe a tipped ball, or a fumble from the inexperienced backs or on ST's...I just don't see him making THE error at a critical point.

Just curious.

You never want to go to patsfans.com as that place is horrible. BB has demoted and let go coaches over the years.

I wish I could get at you with something to fight back, but I've got nothing. I truly believe Michael Vick is our only hope of stopping a 4th ring. Steelers with Polamalu, maybe...but they already failed once. Maybe Atlanta? I suppose you never count out the defending champs either, but that's really about it.

Philly doesnt have the best pass D and I think BB would figure out a way to take away Vicks running.

Question for Pats fans - what does it feel like knowing your team is going to win another SB? What does it feel like having the best QB ever?

If I was a Pats fan, after once seeing my team go 18-0 and then lose the SB, I would be a little cautious in answering.

If I was a Pats fan, after once seeing my team go 18-0 and then lose the SB, I would be a little cautious in answering.

At least the Pats tried to go undefeated. The Colts had a chance last season but folded up and sh*t the bed.

Its all Belichick.

This tool again. I'll repeat what I said yesterday, we should all just hand over the fcking Lombardi to the Patriots now instead of actually...you know, playing the game. :rolleyes:

One thing I can say almost for certain is that if and when it does, it won't be a Brady error. Maybe a tipped ball, or a fumble from the inexperienced backs or on ST's...I just don't see him making THE error at a critical point.

Agreed. This is the postseason we're talking about, and Garb is predicting interceptions? How many INT's has Brady thrown in the postseason in his career, 4? With 3 of them happening against the Ravens last year? I call bullsh*t posturing on Garb's part, like usual.

Ugh, I hate the f***ing Patriots.

Agreed. This is the postseason we're talking about, and Garb is predicting interceptions? How many INT's has Brady thrown in the postseason in his career, 4? With 3 of them happening against the Ravens last year? I call bullsh*t posturing on Garb's part, like usual.

Ugh, I hate the f***ing Patriots.

She's the ultimate reverse jinxer. Its so obvious the Pats are going to win its not even funny.

I hate them too.

She's the ultimate reverse jinxer. Its so obvious the Pats are going to win its not even funny.

I hate them too.

So, is this your way of admitting you are trying to jinx?

Brady has thrown INT's in the post-season. Ravens, Chargers, Panthers...off the top of my head.

Rush the 3 man line. Send another and try to disguise it. Have someone spy Woodhead. Revis on Welker. Cromartie on Branch. Double the kid tight end. With so many guys in coverage, you play more zone than the Jets normally do.

Keep them to field goals.

The Jets offense has to do what they have been doing the past two weeks. Short drops, simplify things for Sanchez.

Jets win 27-26. Nick Folk is money for the win with :14 left in regulation. :P

Nope. You are winning the SB...no doubt about it.

Good try, Spicoli, but the defense is much too young and I suspect some team will have an effective pash rush up the middle to disrupt Brady's rythym.

I think Green Bay is going to win it all. Green Bay versus Ravens. I would love to see Terrell Suggs cry.

Guest Oxoboxo

Just curious.

No. He sends them to the Jets.

Just curious.

As others have mentioned, Mangini had his play calling duties taken away (demotion) and Dean Pees (Def Cord.) was not brought back after last season. The others are Brad Seely (sp teams) and Dom Capers. I don't recall what title Capers had in New England but I think it was assistant head coach in 2008. Rumor had it that he and Belichick didn't get along and Capers left to join the Packers.

It's been a thrilling season for us but the truth is that this is a unique season in that quite a few teams are legitimate contenders. People always say anything can happen in the playoffs and this season, it's especially true. As such, I'm far from overconfident. We blew a lot of teams out which can often lead to game-planning challenges. The losers of those games tend to completely change their strategies in the rematch whereas the winning team is tempted to keep things the same. Depending on the creativity of the losing team's coaching staff, that can be big advantage for the team that lost the first game.

In my opinion Brady is not only the best QB in the game but the best QB to ever play the game and until he's recognized as such by the masses, he's also the most underrated. I'd like to think that when a player is truly the G.O.A.T, he is destined to be recognized as such. If I'm correct and that is in fact Brady, then more championships must be heading our way. For whatever reason, some players seem to be given accolades that exceed their accomplishments while others have to earn everything they get. Brady is in the latter category and being able to share that journey with him, even if from afar, is and has been a magical experience. It also gives me confidence that one way or another, we'll overcome all challengers.

Like 2007 I'm hoping the Devil calls in in deal with BB and TB and shows them the gates to the SB and slams it shut again. To me this will be poetic justice.

In reality, my prediction is a Pats Philly rematch, and I DO think Vick is hard to game plan for and Reed will be smart and play clock management and keep TB off the field. This will be the only time I will root for Philly. Losing that Vikes game last night was good for philly as humbling losses right before playoff its a good time to step back and adjust some weaknesses. This is where the young Pats will have trouble, the young players will be overconfident and that could reek trouble.

I rather see the Falcons and it will be good to see if Matty Ice is the next generation TB.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. But I like NE's chances. The team seems to be playing better and better as the season wears on. But on any given Sunday.

They looked awesome against Matt Flynn, that should breed some confidence right there, no? I'm sure 38-34 victories are routine for you guys and totally guaranteed.

Archived