Josh Freeman

JustInFudge

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way. I'm sticking with Sanchez every day of the week. Freeman doesn't possess all of the intangibles that Sanchez has. Sanchez is scrappy, makes plays with his feet and has enough heart to play injured. Plus, Freeman would never be able to handle the NY media.

5 post in and you win the thread. IMPRESSED.

If you use that to diminish what he has done well, then I can use excuses to explain away a bad performance, can't I?

I'm not the one trying to have it both ways here. I seem to remember that ease of opposition was considered a perfectly good reason to diminish the sh*t out of every good game you-know-who ever had, so I'm just kind of curious why the same doesn't apply to Sanchez.

Or it only works one way in your favor, Rush Atenbauh?

Nice preemptive strike, but fear of namecalling is hardly going to stop me from pointing out that you've got serious blinders on with this kid.

I'm not the one trying to have it both ways here. I seem to remember that ease of opposition was considered a perfectly good reason to diminish the sh*t out of every good game you-know-who ever had, so I'm just kind of curious why the same doesn't apply to Sanchez.

You definitely are trying to have it both ways.

As to you-know-who, he only started getting flack entering the 2006 season after his 3rd injury causing him to miss games (and 2nd shoulder surgery). In other words, you-know-who was a starter for 4 seasons already and had been in the NFL for 6 at the time. That's a whole lot of body of work to harp on the nuisances of performance.

Nice preemptive strike, but fear of namecalling is hardly going to stop me from pointing out that you've got serious blinders on with this kid.

You got the blinders on because you hated Sanchez since college. Not a single good thing he's done has avoided diminishment by you and not a single bad thing he's done has avoided your exploitation.

Contrary to you, I make no definitive statement as to Sanchez' future. So I don't understand how it is I with the blinders. I've seen flashes of suckage, flashes of goodness, and a natural inconsistency of a young QB only 2 yrs into his NFL career. I'm willing to give him his rookie contract before declaring him good or bad, you didn't even give him the draft.

Because Sanchez is a lot more physically gifted than Chad ever was.

5 post in and you win the thread. IMPRESSED.

Lol, thanks, but I'm not sure why. Cause Sanchez really is equipped to be a great QB. He's a leader, quick, agile and pretty damn accurate with the ball. Those are the intangibles that help to make a great QB. That, and the fact that as a 2nd year QB, he's already got experience being in the playoffs and winning road games.

Yeah, okay, we'll all just pretend we don't know exactly where you were going with the Limbaugh crack.

You have blind hatred toward the guy, that's why I made the Limbaugh crack. I joke about you hating Mexicans or homosexuals because of it.

But more on topic, I remember awhile back you praising DBrick for being a day 1 starter who has improved every year. Sanchez is a day 1 starter and, across the board, he has been better than he was last year. His attempts & completions are up, his compl % is up, he's thrown for more yards, thrown more TDs and less INTs and his QB rating is 10 points better.

But somehow in Atenverse that's the limit of how much he can improve. Why? I don't get that.

Losing 3 of 4 games down the stretch with 1 td pass to show for it is not impressive.

Put Freeman on this team and the guy is taking us to the SB. He's throwing to a rookie not Holmes, Edwards, Keller, Cotch, Lt playing with this ol. Please. Freeman is a stud.

lets not forget for a second that all the games the jets lost this year,with the exception of the pats game,they could have won.holmes,edwards,cotch and lt. are the same receivers that had some issues in all of the jets losses.dont put the losses on sanchez.even when sanchez and company put up 34 against da bears,keller drops a td,holmes fumbles leading to bears points,smith drops a 4th down pass,and cotch dropped a crucial one.miami loss.drops galore.i dont even want to talk about the packers games where the receivers dropped more and they caught.yes,the last 4 games the jets are 1-3.i put the blame on 2 of the losses squarly on the defensives shoulders.the other loss sanchez didnt have a good game,but lets not pretend the rest of the offense did either.sanchez is a good second year starter

as far as freeman,i knew he was gonna be a baller.is he better than sanchez?no.will he be better than sanchez?i dont think so.will he be a very good qb?i think so.it is way too early to judge the 2009 qb class except for the fact that stafford is injury prone

Lol, thanks, but I'm not sure why. Cause Sanchez really is equipped to be a great QB. He's a leader, quick, agile and pretty damn accurate with the ball. Those are the intangibles that help to make a great QB. That, and the fact that as a 2nd year QB, he's already got experience being in the playoffs and winning road games.

Sounds familiar. This is very good news for Jet message boards everywhere.

Contrary to you, I make no definitive statement as to Sanchez' future. So I don't understand how it is I with the blinders. I've seen flashes of suckage, flashes of goodness, and a natural inconsistency of a young QB only 2 yrs into his NFL career. I'm willing to give him his rookie contract before declaring him good or bad, you didn't even give him the draft.

Odors are particulate. There's not much precedent for a guy with Sanchez's collegiate statistical profile succeeding in the pros. Rumor has it our eureka moment consisted of realizing that flamboyant pro-day leadership was more relevant than experience and physical ability. Year one was a used diaper filled with Indian food. An inevitable drop in TOs and a few clutch throws in year two don't efface the plateaued completion percentage, the dip in YPA, and a second consecutive year of negative DVOA.

Odors are particulate. There's not much precedent for a guy with Sanchez's collegiate statistical profile succeeding in the pros. Rumor has it our eureka moment consisted of realizing that flamboyant pro-day leadership was more relevant than experience and physical ability. Year one was a used diaper filled with Indian food. An inevitable drop in TOs and a few clutch throws in year two don't efface the plateaued completion percentage, the dip in YPA, and a second consecutive year of negative DVOA.

What should the Jets do at QB then?

Can't wait to see the eureka moment next year when Schotty is a HC somewhere among all of the opportunities that present themselves and Sanchez and this offense explodes. Gee .. I guess OCs do make a difference. Good and bad.

He's taller than drew brees and has a slightly stronger arm.

Brees has a supercomputer for a brain and never has to wait until his receivers break open before he throws it because of his anticipation. Sanchez needs his receiver to be dead-balls open before he even thinks about throwing it, which is why he stares down receivers so hard and has some (most) games where he consistently eats the ball. Sanchez will get better at this as time goes on (fingers crossed), but I think it's fair, after this many starts, to start to wonder just how smart and/or instinctive a quarterback he is. Brady, Manning, Brees--these guys know who's going to be open (and when) before they even take the snap. With Sanchez, even at the end of year two, he still looks like he's shocked when his primary guy is open, and lost when they're not.

Since when does Sanchez have a weak arm?

He just threw on the Steelers and Bears in consecutive weeks.

Oh yeah, he was also playing with a shoulder injury.

I don't get this whole "weak" arm argument. If anything, he needs to work on accuracy in short-intermediate routes. But the ball seems to be getting there plenty quick.

It's not a major-league arm. He has a Phil Simms arm. Good, not special. If he were a pitcher, his fastball would max out at 87 MPH. Cutler, Rodgers--high-90's.

Rookie QB's are only as good as the team they play for. David Carr hates Mark Sanchez.

I loved me some David Carr, but after two years of getting beaten to death in Houston he started looking at taking a five-step drop the same way that the Irwin family looks at petting stingrays.

I do love this guy and Aten. I just wish I knew what the hell they were talking about.

Is there anyone on the Jets you like?

;)

As we speak, in a bar in Los Angeles, Brian Austin Greene is telling Ian Ziering what a pain in the a$$ it is to be engaged to Megan Fox. The Jets are my Megan Fox.

The Jets are my Megan Fox.

Excuse me for a second while I go cut myself.

Brees has a supercomputer for a brain and never has to wait until his receivers break open before he throws it because of his anticipation. Sanchez needs his receiver to be dead-balls open before he even thinks about throwing it, which is why he stares down receivers so hard and has some (most) games where he consistently eats the ball. Sanchez will get better at this as time goes on (fingers crossed), but I think it's fair, after this many starts, to start to wonder just how smart and/or instinctive a quarterback he is. Brady, Manning, Brees--these guys know who's going to be open (and when) before they even take the snap. With Sanchez, even at the end of year two, he still looks like he's shocked when his primary guy is open, and lost when they're not.

To be fair, the light bulb did not go on for Brees until his 3rd or 4th season. Since then he is a machine however.

Seriously. Does this lech just hang out at the LA Greyhound station waiting for chicks to roll into town?

It would be more acceptable to me if Megan Fox was banging BP than it is for her to be with this clown.

I think it's Jesus's way of reminding us all that He can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants whenever he wants to do it. I seriously think that's how the Man Upstairs works.

Archived