Josh Freeman

JustInFudge

Bucs beat the Saints on the road. Freeman was 21-26, 255, 2 TD, Passer rating 133.2

Meanwhile, we have a QB controversy in NY.

LOL @ Qb controversy

I do agree Freeman is probably better than Sanchez will ever be. Oh well.

If Freeman is Marino at least he's playing in Tampa and not Miami.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL @ Qb controversy

I do agree Freeman is probably better than Sanchez will ever be. Oh well.

If Freeman is Marino at least he's playing in Tampa and not Miami.

I dunno...his shovel pass to Blount today was scary rank stupidity.

Bucs beat the Saints on the road. Freeman was 21-26, 255, 2 TD, Passer rating 133.2

Meanwhile, we have a QB controversy in NY.

\

I saw one of those TDs and he could have thrown it lefty. Floated it up in the end zone and Williams just went up and took it. If he were throwing to Justin McCareins it would have been picked. That's not accounting for the fact that McCareins would have casually tipped the ball to the DB.

\

I saw one of those TDs and he could have thrown it lefty. Floated it up in the end zone and Williams just went up and took it. If he were throwing to Justin McCareins it would have been picked. That's not accounting for the fact that McCareins would have casually tipped the ball to the DB.

The 4th and 1 play? Its was a great throw, off the back foot, just enough to be out of the reach of the DB. Great play. Kids a stud...deadly accurate throwing to doodoo.

The 4th and 1 play? Its was a great throw, off the back foot, just enough to be out of the reach of the DB. Great play. Kids a stud...deadly accurate throwing to doodoo.

Dude, I could have thrown that ball underhand.

OK, I watched the replay. I can't throw 25 yards underhand, but he basically just tossed it. I'd have to throw it righty, but could probably back foot it pretty easy. Freeman is okay, but I haven't seen much from his big arm. Watch his highlights, there is a lot more rush avoidance that is impressive than actual throwing.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Week-17-Josh-Freeman-highlights/72e833f8-6115-4c8a-b011-dbd7672645b0

Dude, I could have thrown that ball underhand.

OK, I watched the replay. I can't throw 25 yards underhand, but he basically just tossed it. I'd have to throw it righty, but could probably back foot it pretty easy. Freeman is okay, but I haven't seen much from his big arm. Watch his highlights, there is a lot more rush avoidance that is impressive than actual throwing.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Week-17-Josh-Freeman-highlights/72e833f8-6115-4c8a-b011-dbd7672645b0

He's a beast. He's avoiding those rushes and delivering the ball perfectly. How bout that little stat line they threw up there...over the last 2 weeks.

42-52, 492, 7 TDs, 0 Int

He's a beast. He's avoiding those rushes and delivering the ball perfectly. How bout that little stat line they threw up there...over the last 2 weeks.

42-52, 492, 7 TDs, 0 Int

With all due respect sir, you are toeing the line between being a fan of a player and becoming a JN mod.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

love the jets, love sanchez, but if we had freeman, we could stayed where we were in the draft and he is a little bit ahead of sanchez right now. i like what tampa has done, with 10 rookies to boot.

That shovel pass was Bubby Brister dumb. Scary dumb. Moron to the 15th power. You are throwing around platitudes like he was John Elway reincarnate, and it's not true.

Statistically there isn't a major difference between Freeman and Sanchez-Sanchez before today avaerages more yards per game, Freeman has fewer INTs and more TZDs, but not dramatically so. And you have to take into account that the Jets are always going to be a run first offense.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2010/passing.htm

That shovel pass was Bubby Brister dumb. Scary dumb. Moron to the 15th power. You are throwing around platitudes like he was John Elway reincarnate, and it's not true.

Statistically there isn't a major difference between Freeman and Sanchez-Sanchez before today avaerages more yards per game, Freeman has fewer INTs and more TZDs, but not dramatically so. And you have to take into account that the Jets are always going to be a run first offense.

And offense is run by an OC who has a cabbage where his brain should be.

You could also argue that Freeman is doing more with a lot less. There are QBs in this league that would kill just to have Sanchez's OL alone, never mind his backs and receivers.

The kid is good, no big deal - so are a bunch of young QBs.

The Bucs are sitting at home again and we're in the dance - why do we care?

We can speculate all day, but we've got Sanchez and he's got us in two years straight.

Our QB is Sanchez. Don't know why this is a bad thing?

The kid is good, no big deal - so are a bunch of young QBs.

The Bucs are sitting at home again and we're in the dance - why do we care?

We can speculate all day, but we've got Sanchez and he's got us in two years straight.

Our QB is Sanchez. Don't know why this is a bad thing?

Has a lot to do with arousal.

6-6 with big muscles really does it for a lot of Jets fans.

You could also argue that Freeman is doing more with a lot less. There are QBs in this league that would kill just to have Sanchez's OL alone, never mind his backs and receivers.

Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr., Benn, Blount, and Williams are a good group of talent. Their OL is good too with Faine, Joseph, Zuttah, Penn and Trueblood.

Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow Jr., Benn, Blount, and Williams are a good group of talent. Their OL is good too with Faine, Joseph, Zuttah, Penn and Trueblood.

Williams and Benn are rookies and Benn was put on IR, Faine was lost a few weeks ago to IR, Freeman is a beast

Williams and Benn are rookies and Benn was put on IR, Faine was lost a few weeks ago to IR, Freeman is a beast

That he is, but there's players there in Tampa. Rookies or not, they were good WRs this year, especially Williams. Winslow is a top TE, and the running game is led by the rookie Blount.

I wouldn't hold the rookie thing against them too much since Freeman is only a 2nd year guy himself.

Also, Florida > New Jersey to pass.

Freeman is the best QB of the draft class right now. So what? He plays for someone else and our QB will be as good or better in time considering he's basically playing his Junior and Senior year of college in the NFL. That being said, Freeman has the measurables and a good presence. He'll be a good one--the Bucs struck gold with that pick.

Freeman is the best QB of the draft class right now. So what? He plays for someone else and our QB will be as good or better in time considering he's basically playing his Junior and Senior year of college in the NFL. That being said, Freeman has the measurables and a good presence. He'll be a good one--the Bucs struck gold with that pick.

Right.

Just because Josh Freeman is a good QB, it doesn't mean that Sanchez isn't - or won't be.

Dan Marino played out of his mind his first few years in the league, but that didn't mean that John Elway wasn't any good.

In fact, compare Mark Sanchez's numbers to John Elway's first couple years, and tell me they're not comparable.

Right.

Just because Josh Freeman is a good QB, it doesn't mean that Sanchez isn't - or won't be.

Dan Marino played out of his mind his first few years in the league, but that didn't mean that John Elway wasn't any good.

In fact, compare Mark Sanchez's numbers to John Elway's first couple years, and tell me they're not comparable.

Ha! 1985. Like this year. The Browns get in at 8-8 and Elway stays home at 11-5. Nice.

Right.

I think both QB's will be good, however i think Freeman will be great when all is said and done. The other concerning item is everytime Sanchez gets hit, we all hold our breath, with Freeman no such worries.

Archived