If the Browns, Ravens, Raiders, Colts and us all win next week....

Jetsfan80

We earn the 5th seed and play KC in the first round. Extrapolating further, if the Steelers were to beat the Colts in the Wild Card round and we beat KC, we'd go to Baltimore instead of New England the following week in the Divisional round.

Just saying. Note that I was bored and playing with the playoff machine.

Too funny. In other words, the Jets are not getting a home playoff game this year.

Only if the things I listed in the original post happen, plus the Jets and Steelers win their divisional games. In this completely improbable scenario, the Jets would host the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.

I was under the impression that we were locked into the 6th seed, so this at least gave me a ray of hope. Don't crush my dream.

i thought we played KC in the first round as we stand

Yes. Right now we are the 6-seed and KC is the 3-seed. In the scenario I posted above, we would end up the 5-seed and KC would be the 4-seed. It would look like this:

1) Patriots

2) Ravens

3) Colts

4) Chiefs

5) Jets

6) Steelers

Wild Card Round: Steelers over Colts, Jets over Chiefs

Divisional Round: Steelers over Patriots, Jets over Ravens

AFC Championship: Jets vs. Steelers (at the Meadowlands)

Hey, its not THAT impossible.

The Jets will be the fifth seed if:

* they defeat the Bills at home on Sunday

* the Steelers lose at Cleveland

* the Ravens win at home against the Bengals

The Jets will be the sixth seed if:

* they lose to the Bills

or

* they defeat the Bills

* the Steelers win at Cleveland

* both the Steelers and Ravens lose

Yes. Right now we are the 6-seed and KC is the 3-seed. In the scenario I posted above, we would end up the 5-seed and KC would be the 4-seed. It would look like this:

1) Patriots

2) Ravens

3) Colts

4) Chiefs

5) Jets

6) Steelers

Wild Card Round: Steelers over Colts, Jets over Chiefs

Divisional Round: Steelers over Patriots, Jets over Ravens

AFC Championship: Jets vs. Steelers (at the Meadowlands)

Hey, its not THAT impossible.

Gotcha....i like that picture ..lol

All pertinent games are at 1:00 ET. Might be better if Jets were playing later to know whether or not to rest some players...

I'd prefer to rest some key guys and try to win with the backups. I wouldn't want to play at 4 thinking we can take the 5-seed and play all our guys towards that end.

There are several reasons my scenario is possible:

1) Indy hasn't clinched anything and need to win to ensure they take their division.

2) KC has clinched their division and may rest some players, putting them at risk of losing against Oakland.

3) The Browns have already knocked off an elite team (New England) and you can bet they'll get up for the Steelers.

It would be so appropriate if the Raiders, Browns, Ravens and Colts all won.....and then we lost to the Bills.

Archived