Stripping The Ball

DireJet38

When are the Jets going to favor a solid tackle over a strip?

How many extra yards did Forte and Mendenhall rack up after swatting away strip attempts?

What happened to wrapping up?

This needs to be corrected.

Sure, it worked out in Cleveland, but running backs are now MURDERING us as a result of this gimmicky tackling.

FIX IT, REX!

this pisses me off to no end....if they gang tackle..fine..strip it...not when its one on one...CRO, Coleman , Lowery all tried to do it the last 2 weeks and got burned for atleast 10-15 yards more than if they just tackled them...

this pisses me off to no end....if they gang tackle..fine..strip it...not when its one on one...CRO, Coleman , Lowery all tried to do it the last 2 weeks and got burned for atleast 10-15 yards more than if they just tackled them...

Don't leave revis out ... letting forte walk in was inexcusable

Sadly, king Revis is the worst at this.

He was scared to tackle Matt Forte.

Revis is better at disrupting the pass and preventing the reception than he is at tackling a receiver if they do manage to catch the ball. This is true for a lot of cornerbacks. And the better the CB is at preventing the receptions the more this weakness is masked. Which is actually a good thing for the cornerback. After you don't want the CB making a lot of tackles after a WR makes a catch, the goal of the CB is to prevent the catch not tackle afterwords.

Revis is better at disrupting the pass and preventing the reception than he is at tackling a receiver if they do manage to catch the ball. This is true for a lot of cornerbacks. And the better the CB is at preventing the receptions the more this weakness is masked. Which is actually a good thing for the cornerback. After you don't want the CB making a lot of tackles after a WR makes a catch, the goal of the CB is to prevent the catch not tackle afterwords.

Yeah, but they have to help in the run game and I often see him go for the strip before the tackle.

How many extra yards did Forte and Mendenhall rack up after swatting away strip attempts?

Sure, it worked out in Cleveland, but running backs are now MURDERING us as a result of this gimmicky tackling.

FIX IT, REX!

I'm not saying it will fix it, but Rex has addressed this. He said they are going to do basic fundamental drills. The kind they do in camp and then don't do during the season because he saw they were getting away from proper tackling technique. I'm not sure that it will help, but at least it's not being ignored and they admit it's problem. Of course having Cromartie on the field means one guy is always going to do that.

Don't leave revis out ... letting forte walk in was inexcusable

I don't agree. I think Forte was in, Revis couldn't get off the block and stop him. Momentum was going to carry them in. He had three choices: 1. Do nothing, 2. go for the strip or 3. Blast him late as they went into the end zone. He chose the weak a$$ strip attempt. I would have preferred he blast him, but that was a TD any way you look at it and it would have risked a 15 yarder.

Oh bullsh*t. Revis is an excellent tackler. He's even an above average hitter.

He didn't mind tackling Peterson earlier in the year. Revis is an excellent tackler.

Are you talking about the same game that Revis was tossed around by Harvin over and over again. Revis had 1 tackle that game, 1...lol

Nah, he's a good tackler but he goes for the strip a lot...especially lately. 2 plays specifically last game Revis went for the strip instead of the tackle, 1 was on the TD run, the other was the sideline run that Forte would have scored on if he didnt trip because Revis went for the strip and not the tackle.

Sadly, king Revis is the worst at this.

He was scared to tackle Matt Forte.

wtf game were you watching?

Revis had no shot at stopping him, he was one step out full steam ahead.

Earlier in the game Revis literally muscled him right out of bounds... picking on Revis just shows you are still bitter about the holdout... that is fine but dont make sh*t up to back your stance.

FIX IT, REX!

They started going over-board with stripping the ball around the time that the defense started drawing criticism for holding opponents to low scores, but not forcing any turnovers or "big plays." Just sayin'

wtf game were you watching?

Revis had no shot at stopping him, he was one step out full steam ahead.

Earlier in the game Revis literally muscled him right out of bounds... picking on Revis just shows you are still bitter about the holdout... that is fine but dont make sh*t up to back your stance.

Its cool if your blind love for him prevents you from seeing it...but he's been doing it all year long. He's a good tackler, no doubt, but he's been playing for the strip a lot. I'm watching the replay right now and he did it multiple times which is confirming wtf game I was watching.

This has nothing to do with the hold out, thats silly talk.

Archived