New Meadowlands : isn't winning fans over so far w/ expensive prices & 'unfinished' look ~ ~ ~

kelly

Stadium mainly sucks as A: I wanted it in New York City, B: I wanted it by Shea Stadium, C: A dome would be nice.

Instead it is back in NJ with no roof.

Also a direct train would be nice. No switching and one that actually connected to other trains. Also a game schedule out of Secacus so I am not stuck on a weekend schedule on Sunday nights when I don't feel like driving.

Finally, the fiasco with PSLs and ticket prices and higher beverage and parking prices.

The stadium is just a stadium. Heck I would have been happy if they did a renovation of the old stadium for $200 million and just raised ticket prices by $20 bucks a seat.

Finally, home play-off games would be nice.

Who cares about concrete or unfinished look of stadium.

this is the best they could come up with ? ?

after spending all that coin :eek:

they just " rebuilt " the old place :wacko:

the PSL fire sale in march should be fun to watch ;)

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Minus the sign on the outside of the old stadium, the old place was 10x better. I know I will be giving up my UD seats next year.

Minus the sign on the outside of the old stadium, the old place was 10x better. I know I will be giving up my UD seats next year.

I am with you 1015 I am giving up my upper level seats next year as well...I will just go game to game and see what happens

The louvered design was to enhance the colored lights. Green for NYJETS games and Blue for NYGIANTS. Problem is the open design allows the wind and cold in. The old stadium was closed like a bowl and was alot warmer. The design is terrible and so are the amneties or lack of. Too much design theory went into high end luxury items,but missed on necessities. The place should also have a retractable roof or the structure integrity and design to add one at a later date. Give me back the old stadium any day of the week.

The louvered design was to enhance the colored lights. Green for NYJETS games and Blue for NYGIANTS. Problem is the open design allows the wind and cold in. The old stadium was closed like a bowl and was alot warmer. The design is terrible and so are the amneties or lack of. Too much design theory went into high end luxury items,but missed on necessities. The place should also have a retractable roof or the structure integrity and design to add one at a later date. Give me back the old stadium any day of the week.

The design was to reduce the wind on the field level by having it open instead of a closed swirling bowl.

I would have been fine with a face lift and a new name to the old place, but lets not get all lynch mob on the new place while fantasizing about the old place and making it out to be better than it was, a dump.

The design was to reduce the wind on the field level by having it open instead of a closed swirling bowl.

I would have been fine with a face lift and a new name to the old place, but lets not get all lynch mob on the new place while fantasizing about the old place and making it out to be better than it was, a dump.

100% correct. The old place was an absolute dump. Remember though... there are people who still have fond memories of Shea Stadium being a good home for the NYJ.

Pretty much a tale of two cities, people who never had seats or had crappy seat in old stadium who got good seats in the 2.5k LL EZ, 7.5K LGL or 10K LSL or Club Corners or low row Mezz A corners, covered 2.5k Mezz B are happy.

The stadium totally sucks for any long term season ticketholder who had good seats in the old stadium and that is like 15,000 people.

Biggest losers are long term season ticket holders who on seat selection day took bad UD seats, Mezz A, LL 5k Corners or 15k Jets sideline seats. There sections never got a price reduction and if they tried to move to the reduced sections they were sitting in crap seats as better seats were sold to newer people.

The people who are mad at their seats will find every reason to hate the stadium. If everyone moved from one stadium to next in same seats with a $20 buck ticket increase and no PSL fee I am sure the long term season ticket holders would like new stadium a lot more.

I actually never took an escalator or staircase in new stadium as I am on side where you enter around row 7 ground level. I was told in 2008 upstairs no PSL, higher view, less bathrooms and hard to get in and out of stadium because of multiple escalators. I guess at least that was one truth the Jets told.

One thing I don't get especially; the spirals-simple effecitve and basically poured concrete and rybar, not high tech and probably not terribly expensive in a project of this size and cost- in the old stadium really alleviated crowds getting in and getting out. And they totally dumped that idea for more crowded and confined stairs and escalators only. It feels dangerous getting in and out.

the PSL fire sale in march should be fun to watch ;)

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

The PSL fire sale indeed will be fun. In secondary market there is concept of "dynamic pricing" Take for example you go onto stuhub and for fun lets say you want to sit in 142 which with a wide row runs from the ten yard line to the 30 yard line and is around 35 rows deep.

On stubhub row one seat one on 30 yard line may go for the most. And row 35 in the middle of aisle or on the aisle by ten yard line might go for least. Yets Jets sold PSLs all for same price. Jet priced the section at a blended average of 10K for PSLs. What does that mean/

Well most likely they felt top 1/3 of seats were worth $12,500

Middle 1/3 was worth 10K

Bottom 1/3 is worth 7.5k.

Yet Mr. Last row in the middle climbing over 15 people to reach aisle then walking down 25 rows to exit paid the same as someone on the aisle on the 30 yard line in a low row. Or someone who wanted a higher view lets say row 30 on the aisle on the 30 yard line was same price as row 30 on the aisle by ten yard line

Bottom line 1/3 of seats in any section the owner overpaid on day one. Also stadium has around a 33 year lifespan so PSL devalues 3% a year for 33 years until it is worthless.

I don't think there will be a PSL bloodbath these were all facts we knew coming in. Surely the guy who bought the worst seat in a section that was a 33 year lease did not expect it to go up in price each year. At best even if it holds its value it still has a 33 year bleed out to being worthless.

In terns of the louvered design for the lights, the damn lights are sow dimly lit you can hardly tell that it's green anyway. Having a closed swirling bowl was our home field advantage in my opinion. Parcells was great at using it to our advantage.

The old place was a no frills functional stadium. Easy to get in, easy to get out, easy to get food, beer, bathroom and to your seats. The new stadium is a no frills logistical nightmare. It's a pain to get in and out, to your seats, to the bathrooms depending where you sit, and to get food or drink because the mass mob herding like cattle through the maze of corridors to their level and seats is constantly knocking into you. It's basically 1.6 billion dollars for better Jumbotrons, generic seats, more luxury boxes (the obvious main reason behind all of it), and more concession stands.

In terns of the louvered design for the lights, the damn lights are sow dimly lit you can hardly tell that it's green anyway. Having a closed swirling bowl was our home field advantage in my opinion. Parcells was great at using it to our advantage.

The old place was a no frills functional stadium. Easy to get in, easy to get out, easy to get food, beer, bathroom and to your seats. The new stadium is a no frills logistical nightmare. It's a pain to get in and out, to your seats, to the bathrooms depending where you sit, and to get food or drink because the mass mob herding like cattle through the maze of corridors to their level and seats is constantly knocking into you. It's basically 1.6 billion dollars for better Jumbotrons, generic seats, more luxury boxes (the obvious main reason behind all of it), and more concession stands.

That is basically the opposite of my experience...

It is easier to get to my seats, there is food and beer everywhere with barely any if any lines at all and there are bathrooms everywhere as well.

The concourse is bigger and getting to my car takes no time at all.

That is basically the opposite of my experience...

It is easier to get to my seats, there is food and beer everywhere with barely any if any lines at all and there are bathrooms everywhere as well.

The concourse is bigger and getting to my car takes no time at all.

I've been to 3 games and sat in lower and upper. for MIA I was literally in the seat behind Fireman Ed. In the lowers, I find most everything is accessible. The uppers are a disaster. Both however take twice as long to get out of the stadium. Those spirals got everyone out quickly and efficiently.

The PSL fire sale indeed will be fun. In secondary market there is concept of "dynamic pricing" Take for example you go onto stuhub and for fun lets say you want to sit in 142 which with a wide row runs from the ten yard line to the 30 yard line and is around 35 rows deep.

On stubhub row one seat one on 30 yard line may go for the most. And row 35 in the middle of aisle or on the aisle by ten yard line might go for least. Yets Jets sold PSLs all for same price. Jet priced the section at a blended average of 10K for PSLs. What does that mean/

Well most likely they felt top 1/3 of seats were worth $12,500

Middle 1/3 was worth 10K

Bottom 1/3 is worth 7.5k.

Yet Mr. Last row in the middle climbing over 15 people to reach aisle then walking down 25 rows to exit paid the same as someone on the aisle on the 30 yard line in a low row. Or someone who wanted a higher view lets say row 30 on the aisle on the 30 yard line was same price as row 30 on the aisle by ten yard line

Bottom line 1/3 of seats in any section the owner overpaid on day one. Also stadium has around a 33 year lifespan so PSL devalues 3% a year for 33 years until it is worthless.

I don't think there will be a PSL bloodbath these were all facts we knew coming in. Surely the guy who bought the worst seat in a section that was a 33 year lease did not expect it to go up in price each year. At best even if it holds its value it still has a 33 year bleed out to being worthless.

Which originally was my warning two years ago, when this PSL issue became a process that certain posters here saw as an opportunity to turn a quick dollar.

It never happens!

As for the new design, I have to say that even though I will not be renewing (money issues) my season tickets in the next to last row in the upper bowl, I happen to like it.

That is except for the fact that you can no longer walk completely around the new facility on the bottom tier.

It appears that the people at KMG Designs did not take the distance to the Meadowlands race track in account when they designed this - it is that poor management by the very same company that designed & built the new Dallas stadium appear to design using SIMS technology.

They have no idea of reality (does the jumbotron in Dallas remind anyone of this?!!)

Besides, has anyone else noticed that in the responses to the NY Daily News article - almost all of them are comments from the GIANTS & nothing from Gang Green?

I've been to 3 games and sat in lower and upper. for MIA I was literally in the seat behind Fireman Ed. In the lowers, I find most everything is accessible. The uppers are a disaster. Both however take twice as long to get out of the stadium. Those spirals got everyone out quickly and efficiently.

Ditto access into and out of the stadium is a disaster as well as getting from lot to lot

For our Thanksgiving game and pouring rain Dolphin game I saw UD tickets one hour before game time for as low as $19 a ticket. Also saw coaches club for like $200 right before game.

A cheap Coaches club is best deal Lunch before game, Dinner after game, snacks during game and Press conference alone is worth at least $250 bucks alone.

Plus players circle field and hang out after last game of year, so in coaches club will be autographs galore at end of game. Finally, since most starters are sitting you could hang in the field level coaches area and talk to starters during game, which is weird and cool.

For our Thanksgiving game and pouring rain Dolphin game I saw UD tickets one hour before game time for as low as $19 a ticket. Also saw coaches club for like $200 right before game.

A cheap Coaches club is best deal Lunch before game, Dinner after game, snacks during game and Press conference alone is worth at least $250 bucks alone.

Plus players circle field and hang out after last game of year, so in coaches club will be autographs galore at end of game. Finally, since most starters are sitting you could hang in the field level coaches area and talk to starters during game, which is weird and cool.

Excellent.

Thanks.

Pretty much a tale of two cities, people who never had seats or had crappy seat in old stadium who got good seats in the 2.5k LL EZ, 7.5K LGL or 10K LSL or Club Corners or low row Mezz A corners, covered 2.5k Mezz B are happy.

The stadium totally sucks for any long term season ticketholder who had good seats in the old stadium and that is like 15,000 people.

Biggest losers are long term season ticket holders who on seat selection day took bad UD seats, Mezz A, LL 5k Corners or 15k Jets sideline seats. There sections never got a price reduction and if they tried to move to the reduced sections they were sitting in crap seats as better seats were sold to newer people.

I went from Mezz endzone in the old place to mezz b endzone covered in the new place. The seats are not terrible, even though they are much higher up then the old place, what aggrevates me is the amount of time it takes to get in and out of the stadium. I don't get how they did not factor in the bottlenecks that would occur with those ramps and how the escalators are set up.

In my opinion the place sucks. Its poorly designed inside and out. More emphasis was spent on luxury items vs necessities and fan friendly amneties. Im glad I did not invest in the PSLs. For those that did im glad you enjoy it.

I do not consider my PSLs an investment, I just had to pay more to get the seats I wanted. I told the Jets when I bought them not to tell me about how I was making an investment because I knew they would be worth nothing.

I went from Mezz endzone in the old place to mezz b endzone covered in the new place. The seats are not terrible, even though they are much higher up then the old place, what aggrevates me is the amount of time it takes to get in and out of the stadium. I don't get how they did not factor in the bottlenecks that would occur with those ramps and how the escalators are set up.

The bottle necks are caused by 2 reasons. they did not want any spirals in the new stadium (dumb) and the fact that nobody is allowed to walk through those club seat areas except the club seat psl owners. that's two sides of the stadium that is closed off to normal people/season ticket holders.

The new stadium is catered to those club seats. they could give a rats a$$ if everybody else dies in a fire as long as those precious people in their club seats are happy.

Which originally was my warning two years ago, when this PSL issue became a process that certain posters here saw as an opportunity to turn a quick dollar.

It never happens!

As for the new design, I have to say that even though I will not be renewing (money issues) my season tickets in the next to last row in the upper bowl, I happen to like it.

That is except for the fact that you can no longer walk completely around the new facility on the bottom tier.

It appears that the people at KMG Designs did not take the distance to the Meadowlands race track in account when they designed this - it is that poor management by the very same company that designed & built the new Dallas stadium appear to design using SIMS technology.

They have no idea of reality (does the jumbotron in Dallas remind anyone of this?!!)

Besides, has anyone else noticed that in the responses to the NY Daily News article - almost all of them are comments from the GIANTS & nothing from Gang Green?

There are Giants fans commenting because those poor souls have to pay psl's for the upper level sh*t seats. and the Jets don't.

That's how Shea stadium was. the worst stadium for a football game. the garbage tornadoes were the result of those colorful steel patches on the outside. what a dump that place was. I always froze my a$$ off in that stadium.

The article says thats crap. it was done so it wasnt like a cave.

Maybe it's where you sit, I dont know. Ive only been in the upper deck at the new place. and it's a dump.

Landshark (or whatever its called now)in Miami is a much nicer stadium than your new wonderful meadowkands. and that place is 25 years old. although it was refurbished.

100% correct. The old place was an absolute dump. Remember though... there are people who still have fond memories of Shea Stadium being a good home for the NYJ.

For an absolute dump it sure was easy to get in and out of. I miss the old place.

And Shea stadium was the biggest sh*t hole ever. there used to be a sea of hands reaching for one ******* heater up in the corner of the bathroom.

well that's what you get when $350,000,000 of the $1,600,000,000 goes to paying of the mob and unions guys so the project gets done in the first place

I was talking to a Union Pipe Fitter from Conn whos boss told him on one project to put this same one length of pipe up and then take it down every day. That went on for a whole year.

Archived