Joe Mcknight

GLH222

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was ok. Not as impressed as everyone else...he still looks way slow. He was billed as an explosive player but looks anything but imo.

The Bills are a joke on run d.

Looked explosive enough to me. Didn't go down easy, carried defenders. 158 yds and 4.9 avg. What more can u ask for?

Looked explosive enough to me. Didn't go down easy, carried defenders. 158 yds and 4.9 avg. What more can u ask for?

Just going by what I saw. His long was 18...I didn't see the explosiveness. He did run hard though and looks like a different guy from the preseason. He just doesn't have great speed for the type of back he's supposed to be.

Just going by what I saw. His long was 18...I didn't see the explosiveness. He did run hard though and looks like a different guy from the preseason. He just doesn't have great speed for the type of back he's supposed to be.

This was pretty much the definition of explosiveness, strength and vision: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81d6270e/RB-McKnight-18-yd-run

This run proved to me that Joe McKnight will make us forget about a certain Modell's salesman up in New England.

You can't expect a back to just break a 40 yard TD or whatever even against a D like the Bills. An 18 yard long run is not bad for a 3rd string RB for crying out loud. Geez, only Jets fans would complain about a 158 yard 4.9 yard Avg for a 3RD string ROOKIE RB. Unreal. Not to mention he had a 25 yard PR on top of it all. Oh yeah I forgot it was against the Bills so it doesn't count.

You can't expect a back to just break a 40 yard TD or whatever even against a D like the Bills. An 18 yard long run is not bad for a 3rd string RB for crying out loud. Geez, only Jets fans would complain about a 158 yard 4.9 yard Avg for a 3RD string ROOKIE RB. Unreal. Not to mention he had a 25 yard PR on top of it all. Oh yeah I forgot it was against the Bills so it doesn't count.

Im not complaining. He's a backup running back...jeeze. He played hard today...just giving my realistic take on him. Im pretty decent at evaluating backs.

Im not complaining. He's a backup running back...jeeze. He played hard today...just giving my realistic take on him. Im pretty decent at evaluating backs.

You said he didn't have any explosiveness when he indeed did during this game. You said he didn't have any speed, which he did show overall today. Not elite speed, but good enough.

Dude carried the rock 32 times for 158 yards — mostly between the tackles.

This is the same guy who was fumbling every five carries in the preseason.

Joe McKnight grew up.

Big props to him.

Considering he's been handed everything his whole life, it was nice to see him bounce back from adversity — regardless if it was against the Bills or the Steelers. Moving forward, things will only get better for Joe McKnight.

Guest Jpf4671

We have to put this in some perspective, a rookie 4th round pick who has been good on specials for the last month on a playoff team, and rushed for 150 yards in a game just can't be labeled a bust. If a guy on Miami or the pats did that we'd all be screaming that he was a steal. Not saying he's going to amount to anything, just saying........

Dude carried the rock 32 times for 158 yards — mostly between the tackles.

This is the same guy who was fumbling every five carries in the preseason.

Joe McKnight grew up.

Big props to him.

Considering he's been handed everything his whole life, it was nice to see him bounce back from adversity — regardless if it was against the Bills or the Steelers. Moving forward, things will only get better for Joe McKnight.

Dude's already crappy home got hit by the sh*tstorm that was Katrina. He's a tough kid...the preseason fumbles will fade away in time. They already did for me, since I'm much too much of a big time stah to be watching preseason games.

You may be pretty decent at evaluating backs, but I don't think you are so hot at evaluating speed. The guy wasn't as fast as Spiller or Best, but he's plenty fast enough.

McKnight > LT. I say we should play Joe more in the playoffs, he and Greene could be our true thunder and lightning.

Ugh. Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber? New nicknames please.

McKnight > LT. I say we should play Joe more in the playoffs, he and Greene could be our true thunder and lightning.

Between the tackles and I say your right. But still give me LT in space with a guy to beat. LT is still great out of the back catching the ball and in space. Mc Night has proven he is better than he was and more ready to play when he got here. That's all we got for now.

McKnight is a nice scatback that we should give a few carries to in the postseason, but let's not go overboard here. LT is rested and I trust him not to fumble the ball.

You have been watching football long enough to know that "scatbacks" as you refer to are smaller and faster than McKnight and usually do not run between tackles. Think Bruce Harper. Can a "scatback" carry the load a full game like McKnight did yesterday?

I hated the hate for Joe McKnight this year.

I recognize that he was seen as the direct replacement for Leon Washington, and that he threw up, and that he fumbled in the preseason... but the guy was just a fourth round pick. You're hoping to unearth something at that point in the draft, you're not drafting sure things. There are reasons that a kid with his ability slipped that far in the draft.

I'm really happy for the kid. He went from nowhere to becoming part of the what should we do about LT discussion this offseason.

His 158 yards were the most rushing yards in a game by a Jet rookie since Matt Snell in 1964. And he wound up finishing the season with nearly twice as many rushing yards as Leon.

You have been watching football long enough to know that "scatbacks" as you refer to are smaller and faster than McKnight and usually do not run between tackles. Think Bruce Harper. Can a "scatback" carry the load a full game like McKnight did yesterday?

You can when its the Bills. They couldn't beat Rutgers.

And we have one of the better run-blocking units in the game. What's your point? I find it humorous that McKnight went from bust to beast based on 1 game against the Bills.

I don't think anyone is saying McKnight is a "beast."

I think people are just happy he finally showed some promise.

I mean, the guy racked up 158 yards in an NFL game. Praise is due.

And we have one of the better run-blocking units in the game. What's your point? I find it humorous that McKnight went from bust to beast based on 1 game against the Bills.

He shouldn't have been considered a bust to begin with. Typical Jets fans overreaction.

He never should've been labeled a bust in the first place. That was the bigger (bad) joke. Like Danny Woodhead before him, he's stuck behind LT and Greene. What's he supposed to be able to show from there?

He looked really good yesterday. Have to feel better about him filling the potential Brad Smith/LT void next season after that performance.

Archived