Joe Mcknight

GLH222

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He never should've been labeled a bust in the first place. That was the bigger (bad) joke. Like Danny Woodhead before him, he's stuck behind LT and Greene. What's he supposed to be able to show from there?

He looked really good yesterday. Have to feel better about him filling the potential Brad Smith/LT void next season after that performance.

Who says Smith is gone next year? The staff loves him and will most likely do what they can to retain him.

158 rushing yards is a beast against any NFL team.

this......he also was running behind the backup o-line. Not saying he will be great, but he has definately proven to be servicable and can sub green/lt when needed. That's all we ever wanted from him anyway.

His pricetag will be too high. Plus we may be throwing big money at fellow receivers Holmes & Edwards.

Whatever they have to pay him, they should look at it as mutiple players. Wildcat operator, 4th WR, kick returner, kickoff/punt coverage and emergency QB. Right off the bat, I would retire Brunell and use his million dollars for Brad. I have no problem with Clemons as #2 and Brad as #3 QBs.

His pricetag will be too high. Plus we may be throwing big money at fellow receivers Holmes & Edwards.

That's my feeling. The Jets have some tough decisions ahead once the season's over. Westoff has put together quality specials with a variety of guys. People didn't notice Smith (in a good way) until Leon got hurt, now all of a sudden he's indispensable?

I'd love to sign him long term, but is he really a priority over WR's who can play the WR position? Or Cromartie? Or Harris? Etc., etc.

I think the idea is for Sanchez to play so well that we don't need a wildcat (don't see the Pats or Colts running much of it), and that someone can be plugged into the kick returner job.

That's my feeling. The Jets have some tough decisions ahead once the season's over. Westoff has put together quality specials with a variety of guys. People didn't notice Smith (in a good way) until Leon got hurt, now all of a sudden he's indispensable?

I'd love to sign him long term, but is he really a priority over WR's who can play the WR position? Or Cromartie? Or Harris? Etc., etc.

I think the idea is for Sanchez to play so well that we don't need a wildcat (don't see the Pats or Colts running much of it), and that someone can be plugged into the kick returner job.

Exactly. Some other team is going to decide that they think Smith is worth more than he is. Jack of all trades, master of none. The fact is, listing him as a WR these days is kind of a joke, because it's probably his one job he's poorest at. The Jets unwillingness to pay Wallace Wright even the minimum ERFA tag amount last year should tell you all the Jets think about Westhoff being able to work with what he's given on special teams. The team also has about half a dozen guys who are all capable of working as a kick returner. So what it will really come down to, is what value they see in him running occasional plays from under center.

Frankly, I think the Jets will be interested in continuing to play him like some average reserve player, while some other team out there will be willing to fork out some cash thinking they can make him more than what he is. It makes me kind of think of when the Steelers lost Antwaan Randel El to the Redskins, and he was a hell of a lot better WR than Smith ever has been. Honestly, I just don't see how he remains a Jet.

Exactly. Some other team is going to decide that they think Smith is worth more than he is. Jack of all trades, master of none. The fact is, listing him as a WR these days is kind of a joke, because it's probably his one job he's poorest at. The Jets unwillingness to pay Wallace Wright even the minimum ERFA tag amount last year should tell you all the Jets think about Westhoff being able to work with what he's given on special teams. The team also has about half a dozen guys who are all capable of working as a kick returner. So what it will really come down to, is what value they see in him running occasional plays from under center.

Frankly, I think the Jets will be interested in continuing to play him like some average reserve player, while some other team out there will be willing to fork out some cash thinking they can make him more than what he is. It makes me kind of think of when the Steelers lost Antwaan Randel El to the Redskins, and he was a hell of a lot better WR than Smith ever has been. Honestly, I just don't see how he remains a Jet.

isn't westhoff gone after this season?

Through the playoffs last year we rode a rookie rb straight to the afc champ game...this year i hope we do the same with Joe, and last years rookie horse Greene...i'm pumped, just hope Schotty realises Joe can be a sleeper gamebreaker against the lowly colts run defense. Praying Schotty doesn't over use LT. Greene/McKnight= win.

Yeah he played great, including Cole and Trufant.

i didnt even see trufant on the feild and i didnt really hear too much of him either but i guess thats a good thing, hopefully he, cole, and cook all play this good in the playoffs cus man do we need guys who can cover

Through the playoffs last year we rode a rookie rb straight to the afc champ game...this year i hope we do the same with Joe, and last years rookie horse Greene...i'm pumped, just hope Schotty realises Joe can be a sleeper gamebreaker against the lowly colts run defense. Praying Schotty doesn't over use LT. Greene/McKnight= win.

I doubt that they take any carries away from LT and give them to McKnight. They should but they wont.

Hopefully they at least realize that Greene should get the bulk of the carries over LT.

It will also be interesting to see if they have the balls (barring a huge post season) to part ways with LT during the off season.

i didnt even see trufant on the feild and i didnt really hear too much of him either but i guess thats a good thing, hopefully he, cole, and cook all play this good in the playoffs cus man do we need guys who can cover

It was his downfield hustle blocking for Cole after his pick six that impressed me,he had great speed to get down field and assist Cole in his td.

I can't wait. If the Jets lose it will be all Schottie's fault for not getting enough carries for Joe McKnight! This has the makings of a great offseason!

he was the 4FTer running around wearing #29... the dude is tiny

Yeah. He's Marcus Trufant's little brother. I think he's 5'6". Smaller than Drew Coleman and Leonhard.

Just the type of DB to play those little ****ers over in new england. From his play, he legitimately epitomizes the term 'playing with your hair on fire.'

He's a 28 year old rookie and probably didn't much of a shot before because he's a midget. Should be as ready to play as any rookie, but if he's active against NE we have huge problems. We'll have Revis and Cromartie (+Greene and LT2) back active. How can you even keep him on the game day roster? I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut and Kroul or somebody else resigned for the playoffs.

Archived