Ricky Williams Tees off on Dolphins

Mattyandthejets

"An admittedly angry Ricky Williams took to the radio airwaves Monday night, a day after the Dolphins finished a frustrating 2010 season with a 38-7 loss to New England, and he didn’t hold back his true feelings about head coach Tony Sparano, his teammates and the Dolphins’ current culture."

Ricky Williams Rant

and how about this..

Finally, when asked if he will watch the NFL playoffs, Williams dropped one more dagger on the Dolphins.

“I like watching the Jets play,” he said. “Because of LT. I’m an LT fan. And I like the fact that the Jets run the ball.”

sounds like someone wants to be a Jet next season if LT retires....

Ricky Williams Rant

and how about this..

sounds like someone wants to be a Jet next season if LT retires....

As a Pats fan, some of these quotes stood out:

“It’s the contrast with what they have going on in New England and what we have going on here, and it’s a very stark contrast.”

“They had less to play for than we did … and they played harder than any team we played all year, and I just expect that from my team,” Williams said. He added, “I’m not angry at my teammates. I’m angry at the situation. That’s the coaches, myself, teammates, that’s everyone. That’s the whole environment that we have there, and I’m just frustrated that it’s not better.”

Williams gave the example of Rob Ninkovich, whom Sparano and the Dolphins cut in 2008, as a player who thrived in a more positive environment. Ninkovich had three sacks and two interceptions against the Dolphins this year as the Patriots’ starting outside linebacker.

“It’s not based on him necessarily making plays, it’s just based on him buying into a winning tradition,” Williams said.

Fred Taylor will be gone next year. If Ricky is cool with splitting carries with BJGE, I'm sure Bill can find a place for him. :)

Seems much of what he said might be true. But airing your team's laundry like that is not going to win him many friends. And the Dolphins, what ever their faults, gave him a chance after he had been blackballed. That doesn't seem right.

Seems much of what he said might be true. But airing your team's laundry like that is not going to win him many friends. And the Dolphins, what ever their faults, gave him a chance after he had been blackballed. That doesn't seem right.

I havent followed the situation, but I thought he was only in Miami because he owed them a zillion dollars from a few years back.

“I’m not angry at my teammates. I’m angry at the situation. That’s the coaches, myself, teammates, that’s everyone. That’s the whole environment that we have there, and I’m just frustrated that it’s not better.”

So he's NOT angry at his teammates but he's angry at his teammates. Sounds like someone went to the Tom Coughlin school of taking the blame.

Archived