Rex takes shot at Brady

Steveg

Jets coach Rex Ryan takes shot at Tom Brady with praise of Peyton Manning

By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

While praising this week's opponent, Rex Ryan took a shot at potentially their next one.

Asked about Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, the Jets coach slipped in what came across as a dig on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

"There's nobody like this guy in the league," Ryan said of Manning. "Nobody studies like him. I know Brady thinks he does. I think there’s probably a little more help with (New England coach Bill) Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."

If the Jets defeat the Colts in Indianapolis this Saturday, they would next face the division champion Patriots up in Foxborough, Mass.

Ryan's comments also take something away from the Colts' staff, including coach Jim Caldwell, senior offensive assistant Tom Moore and ex-coach Tony Dungy.

"Tom Moore has done a great job with (Manning) forever, Caldwell and Tony Dungy and things like that," Ryan said. "But it's Peyton Manning, that’s who it is."

Ryan said Manning is more than just a coach on the field, because he dials up his own plays.

QB Mark Sanchez was "zipping the ball around" in practice today, Ryan said. He was again listed as limited with his sore throwing shoulder.

"Like I said, no excuses," Ryan said. "They're going to get us at our best."

Ryan said Damien Woody and Wayne Hunter have been rotating snaps with the first team in practice. He is not sure if Woody, who has been out since arthroscopic surgery on his knee last month, will start this week. He said he will defer to offensive line/assistant head coach Bill Callahan for the final decision on if Woody starts.

Along with Sanchez and Woody, S James Ihedigbo (ankle/knee), DL Sione Pouha (back), DL Trevor Pryce (back), CB Darrelle Revis (hamstring) and LB Bryan Thomas (ankle) were limited.

Because of the snowstorm forecast for tomorrow, the Jets have bumped up their travel plans. They will depart their Florham Park facility by 1:30 p.m. Friday for Indianapolis.

Ryan, who has predicted a Super Bowl since the summer, isn't backing down from his stance. All season, his players have talked about cashing the checks that were written.

"We plan on going to the bank," he said.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares? Its not like brady or the Pats are gonna hate the Jets any more or play any harder now. They hate the Jets the most they possibly can already haha We were gonna get their best anyway! I dont have any issue with Rex taking shots at anyone, especially in the playoffs its not gonna make a difference.

Who cares? Its not like brady or the pats are gonna hate the Jets any more or play any harder now. We were gonna get their best anyway! I dont have any issue with Rex taking shots at anyone, especially in the playoffs its not gonna make a difference.

You are dead wrong.

Rex is an idiot for saying this. Now, the Colts really want to beat the Jets...before this comment, they were kind of on the fence about it. And the Pats, well, the Pats now really hate the Jets...before this comment, they were kind of on the fence about it.

You are dead wrong.

Rex is an idiot for saying this. Now, the Colts really want to beat the Jets...before this comment, they were kind of on the fence about it. And the Pats, well, the Pats now really hate the Jets...before this comment, they were kind of on the fence about it.

haha you're right, you're right. What was Rex thinking, both the Pats and the Colts are gonna try extra hard to beat us now instead of handing us the game. Damn you Rex!

Rex as bigmouth has jumped the shark. Who f uckin cares anymore.

yeah, i tend to agree. Tom Brady is a top-two qb at least--why take a shot at him? kinda low-rent move by Rex. he's starting to embarrass his fanbase. i want to win the sb, but i dont think this helps our cause--so why go out of your way to throw a dig at anyone? Rex will be a great MNF commentator one day--he should save his opinions on other team's players till then, just to show a modicum of class.

You are dead wrong.

If any team needs motivation from the opponent to beat them in a playoff game, then they are already defeated.

yeah, i tend to agree. Tom Brady is a top-two qb at least--why take a shot at him? kinda low-rent move by Rex. he's starting to embarrass his fanbase. i want to win the sb, but i dont think this helps our cause--so why go out of your way to throw a dig at anyone? Rex will be a great MNF commentator one day--he should save his opinions on other team's players till then, just to show a modicum of class.

Why would anyone have a problem with someone speaking the truth?

Huh? I'm not embarrassed. I like him more for taking shots at Brady. Its not like Brady doesnt take every chance he gets to take shots at the Jets.

I <3 Rex Ryan

I think this is funny, actually. The media will run with it because...you know...they like making stuff up and blowing things out of proportion. Still, I find it funny because everytime I see Rex on TV I think of his wanting to watch his wife get gang banged, not his football acumen.

You sir, have a dirty mind.

Nah, it's not that. I just can't understand how a "tough" guy wants to see his wife get "gang banged." Rex's bravado and confidence doesn't have the same effect it once did - for me, anyway.

Could you imagine Rex running wild on the bye week before the super bowl? AND THEN MEDIA DAY? WOW! I can't wait!

And to those who love this kind of talk. I hope you have thick skin. the Patriots said nothing bad about the Jets after they stomped us on Monday night. Im sure if Brady or mumbles did this after eliminating the Jets from the playoffs there would be outrage from all of you! dont deny it!

Could you imagine Rex running wild on the bye week before the super bowl? AND THEN MEDIA DAY? WOW! I can't wait!

And to those who love this kind of talk. I hope you have thick skin. the Patriots said nothing bad about the Jets after they stomped us on Monday night. Im sure if Brady or mumbles did this after eliminating the Jets from the playoffs there would be outrage from all of you! dont deny it!

:hand:

Brady is one of the biggest thorns in the sides of this organization. Screw him. Good for Rex.

Brady is one of the biggest thorns in the sides of this organization. Screw him. Good for Rex.

It was a shot at the clueless Colts coach. :rl: which I kind of think is hilarious. because he has that deer in the headlights look all the time.

I dont think Rex will be facing Brady again till September Jim.

Sorry, but I dont see the Jets scoring more points than the Colts. They are not the Bills.

Nah, it's not that. I just can't understand how a "tough" guy wants to see his wife get "gang banged." Rex's bravado and confidence doesn't have the same effect it once did - for me, anyway.

Not that I know whether this is the situation or not, but obviously Rex has been a huge guy for years. There's potentially a chance he may not be able to satisfy his wife himself. Maybe because he loves her so much, he lets her be with other men to satisfy that need. It's not terribly out of the realm. Would you expect your spouse to dry up and die just because you couldn't please him for some medical reason?

I dont think Rex will be facing Brady again till September Jim.

Sorry, but I dont see the Jets scoring more points than the Colts. They are not the Bills.

If the Jets come out and attack on offense they will be ok. if they try doing the 2 cracks in the line on 1st and 2nd down sh*t we are in big trouble.

Not that I know whether this is the situation or not, but obviously Rex has been a huge guy for years. There's potentially a chance he may not be able to satisfy his wife himself. Maybe because he loves he so much, he lets her be with other men to satisfy that need. It's not terribly out of the realm. Would you expect your spouse to dry up and die just because you couldn't please him for some medical reason?

You're dealing with somebody (Garb) who is a cross between Gladys Kravitz and the flying nun. Im quite sure she strictly only believes in the missionary position in the bedroom. :lol:

Archived