The Jets are gonna roll over Indy!!

HT2112

I'm sure I'm not alone here as i write this but I really need to vent!!!!

I am so sick and tired of watching the experts say that the Colts are going to win! Buncha of a$$holes.. sorry but I'm fed up right now...

Rex makes big statements, shows a lot of confidence in his team so people are not giving the Jets a chance in this game. Big surprise! Rex as we all know, does have a mouth the size of his GINORMOUS gut but that shouldn't be the reason we get panned constantly by critics That being said, check this out, the numbers tell a different story. Look at the Indianapolis Colts this year vs last year.

2010: 10 wins, 6 losses, 435 points scored, 388 points allowed

2009: 14 wins, 2 losses, 454 points scored, 320 points allowed

This is not the same team the Jets saw in the Championship game. The Jets are a better team, and the Colts are headed in the other direction.

The Colts have won 4 games in a row, but the total margin of victory in those games was a combined 20 points, and they were against the Titans, Jaguars, Raiders and Titans. Not one playoff team in that group!!

Their last loss was to the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys!! Kansas City is the only playoff team they beat this season and that was in October. They lost every other game they played against playoff teams (Philadelphia, New England).

Our Jets on the other hand have already won against the # 1 and # 2 seeds in the AFC (New England and Pittsburgh). WOOOOOOO!!!! YEA BABY!!

Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. Despite the Colts struggling compared to what they did in 2009, his numbers are still amazing!. Here's the thing though..Everything around him has declined . The offensive line isn't the same. He has lost several of his weapons, ESPECIALLY Dallas Clark, and has no running game.

and as for "our" boys:

The Jets have added Antonio Cromartie and changed the back end of the secondary around as a direct result of what happened in that AFC Championship game last season. Mark Sanchez is not a rookie anymore. Statistically speaking his numbers are greatly improved this year as he has worked so hard to minimize mistakes. GO MARK!!

The Jets will start out with LaDainian Tomlinson since he is their leading rusher, but Shonn Greene, who got hurt in the Championship game last year, will play a big roll. Shonn's the man!!!

The Jets running backs are well rested, as we all know this was not the case last season. Dustin Keller has emerged as a consistent threat. Santonio Holmes is now a Jet and has a track record of being a money player. I Love Holmes!

So the experts can take the Jets. We are gonna kick a$$!!!

Would love some feedback.. Whatcha think??

Oh, and for the record, some females DO know something about football other then the helmets having pretty colors.. Just sayin B)

I wish I had your optimism, but I'm never optimistic of anything with this franchise . Too many years of heartbreak have taken it's toll , but I'll be right there cheering them on saturday night regardless .

Have to keep the positive energy flowing!! It ain't over til its over!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone here as i write this but I really need to vent!!!!

I am so sick and tired of watching the experts say that the Colts are going to win! Buncha of a$$holes.. sorry but I'm fed up right now...

Rex makes big statements, shows a lot of confidence in his team so people are not giving the Jets a chance in this game. Big surprise! Rex as we all know, does have a mouth the size of his GINORMOUS gut but that shouldn't be the reason we get panned constantly by critics That being said, check this out, the numbers tell a different story. Look at the Indianapolis Colts this year vs last year.

2010: 10 wins, 6 losses, 435 points scored, 388 points allowed

2009: 14 wins, 2 losses, 454 points scored, 320 points allowed

This is not the same team the Jets saw in the Championship game. The Jets are a better team, and the Colts are headed in the other direction.

The Colts have won 4 games in a row, but the total margin of victory in those games was a combined 20 points, and they were against the Titans, Jaguars, Raiders and Titans. Not one playoff team in that group!!

Their last loss was to the Dallas Cowboys. Yes, the Dallas Cowboys!! Kansas City is the only playoff team they beat this season and that was in October. They lost every other game they played against playoff teams (Philadelphia, New England).

Our Jets on the other hand have already won against the # 1 and # 2 seeds in the AFC (New England and Pittsburgh). WOOOOOOO!!!! YEA BABY!!

Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. Despite the Colts struggling compared to what they did in 2009, his numbers are still amazing!. Here's the thing though..Everything around him has declined . The offensive line isn't the same. He has lost several of his weapons, ESPECIALLY Dallas Clark, and has no running game.

and as for "our" boys:

The Jets have added Antonio Cromartie and changed the back end of the secondary around as a direct result of what happened in that AFC Championship game last season. Mark Sanchez is not a rookie anymore. Statistically speaking his numbers are greatly improved this year as he has worked so hard to minimize mistakes. GO MARK!!

The Jets will start out with LaDainian Tomlinson since he is their leading rusher, but Shonn Greene, who got hurt in the Championship game last year, will play a big roll. Shonn's the man!!!

The Jets running backs are well rested, as we all know this was not the case last season. Dustin Keller has emerged as a consistent threat. Santonio Holmes is now a Jet and has a track record of being a money player. I Love Holmes!

So the experts can take the Jets. We are gonna kick a$$!!!

Would love some feedback.. Whatcha think??

Oh, and for the record, some females DO know something about football other then the helmets having pretty colors.. Just sayin B)

Nice!

Positive+Jets fans=rarity

I know and I'm no better.. Ive been guilty of the same disgust at their seasons but hell... we really can win this game.. I find it sad that since we take so much crap from everyone year after year because we usually suck, that when we are in the playoffs (even if we lucked out on the Jax win to get there) that theres such a lack of support.. Why be negative at all?? Is a positive attitude really so detrimental to us?

screw that.. I'm backing my boys 150%.. sending all my positive energy over to them.. we should all be doing the same...

This guy from ProFootballWeekly is picking the Jets...

N.Y. Jets at Indianapolis (-3)

Years ago, in the early breaths of the Walsh-49ers empire, San Francisco beat Dallas in the 1981 NFC championship game, and an exhausted Cowboys safety named Charlie Waters looked in disbelief at the newsmen around him and said, "They were executing with guys that I didn't even know who they were."

Look at the AFC South champs of 2010 and its Javarris James … Jacob Tamme … Blair White … the faces this Indy offense has been executing with over the second half of the season. Of course, Peyton Manning remains the coachman behind the operation, his shouts and snapping whip driving whichever horses are reined into the team. Or Manning the field commander, gathering bodies for his regrouping army from the villages and refugee camps along the way.

But he's a bleary-eyed Manning now, the bleariest we've ever seen him. He looks exhausted, dragging. The playoffs meant mustering a four-game win streak to close the season, a stretch when the Indy starters usually have their feet up and we watched names like Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter come up 4-for-17 in their passing. Those are what no-names used to mean in Indianapolis.

In come the Jets. A vulnerable team but a live one. More importantly, a healthy one, hungry for revenge from last year's AFC title loss in the same building.

Manning knows they can be thrown back again if he had the right troops, the proper supplies. But he already has read the telegram:

"REQUEST FOR REINFORCEMENTS RECEIVED. UNDER CONSIDERATION. HOLD YOUR POSITION UNTIL SPRING."

Danyluk's prediction: Jets 30, Colts 18

great article.. I especially like this:

"In come the Jets. A vulnerable team but a live one. More importantly, a healthy one, hungry for revenge from last year's AFC title loss in the same building."

HELL YES!!!!JETS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! More positive feedback...

New York Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts: A Jets Win in Playoffs Depends on 3 People

The Jets can win this. I’m serious. Setting aside the complete dissing the national media is giving them, they have a legitimate shot to beat the Colts in Indy. I always like the Jets as underdogs; it seems to focus them. Yes, I know it’s Peyton Manning and I know that they will be on the road. Still, I think they can pull it off. And I believe that it is going to come down to crucial contributions from the following three people:

Jason Taylor

According to various folks on the team, Rex Ryan pulled Jason aside this week and asked him the following question, “Jason, how long has it been since you won a playoff game?” “Nine years.”

Nine years.

That speaks for itself. In fact, that just might be one of the greatest motivational acts I’ve ever heard of. The entire message was sent and received in those two simple sentences. And it boils down to this: We brought you here to make big plays. You’re not 27 anymore. This is it. This is your chance to be the game-changing player we all know you are.

You think that safety at Pittsburgh was big? Your play in this game must be even bigger. You must harass Peyton Manning all game long. It’s legacy time Jason. Step up and play like the champion you long to be.

107788815_crop_340x234 Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

LaDainian Tomlinson

If someone at the Jets doesn’t put together a highlight reel of all the heartbreaking playoff losses in San Diego the past few seasons, they need to start now. LDT? This is it. Advancing in the playoffs while the Chargers sit home? Oh, how sweet it would be.

We’ve heard from the Jets that all season long, LDT has been a behind-the-scenes motivator, reminding everyone just how lucky they are to be assembled in this team at this time with this group of men. He knows from firsthand experience how precious opportunities like this are. He will not miss this chance.

I don’t even think he has to have a game with a lot of yardage although that would be nice. Shonn Greene and (maybe?) Joe McKnight can run the ball just as well. What LDT brings to the table is much more than just running yards. I’ve said all season, he is Mark Sanchez's security blanket. Mark’s play fakes are so good that every time LDT is in the backfield, the opposing defense has to take him seriously as a run threat.

But almost more important is how versatile he is. He will gladly block and with Mark’s achy shoulder, that has never been more important.

The other thing is LDT is quarterback friendly. He somehow has a sixth sense when Mark is in trouble and does a terrific job of working back to his quarterback to try to help make a play. It’s no accident how much Mark likes to check down to him. Actually, Dustin Keller is good at this too.

90708102_original_crop_340x234 Bob Levey/Getty Images

I hope that all the receivers worked on this during film study this week. Never has it been more important to adjust and create when the pocket breaks down because of Freeney and company. LDT—you want a ring? This is your chance.

Brian Schottenheimer

This is arguably the biggest contest he has ever game-planned and called. I mean it. I think that some kind of understanding has been reached between Rex and Brian with regard to the offense. Rex will never stop being old-school ground and pound. That’s what we love about him.

But Brian knows (and really, so does Rex) that you cannot beat the elite teams in the league unless you open up the passing game. And I don’t mean just dink and dunk, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with that—it keeps the chains moving. But sometimes you just have to air it out. The Jets know this. It is the exact reason they got Santonio Holmes.

(I’m actually not worried about Sanchez in this game. Like I said, I believe that him being sidelined for most of the Buffalo game actually works to the Jets' advantage and not just because Mark’s shoulder got more time to heal. You will pry the starter’s job from Mark’s cold dead hand and even then he will fight you. I think he is mentally ready for this game.)

But back to Brian. I think he has blossomed from the positive feedback to his game plans the last few weeks. He never lacked for confidence. But seeing his vision executed on the field must be enormously rewarding. It’s no longer "call in the play and cross your fingers that it works." It’s "call in the play with the flat out expectation that the offense will move the football." Period.

I’ve noted this before, but you can see the change in the offense in the huddle, at the line and on the sideline. Conservative play-calling is out the window. Now it’s “Gentlemen, I expect you to execute my vision. I expect us to win. Make it happen.”

Mark, in particular, thrives on this—best demonstrated when Brian lets him run the no-huddle. Watch Brian’s press conference this week. (It’s posted at the Jets website.) Something’s afoot. Brian has something up his sleeve. I just know it. I expect the Jets to be unpredictable and aggressive on offense. I can’t wait to watch it unfold.

Lots of folks in the football world have remarked upon how each season has its own chemistry and identity. I think that’s true. Last year was characterized by a “Wow! I think we might be really building something here” vibe. It was capped off by an improbable playoff run with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach who found themselves 30 minutes away from playing in the Super Bowl.

If you’ve never see the locker room footage of Rex’s speech to the team after beating the Chargers, head over to YouTube. Basically, (cleaned up for language!!!) Rex stated that all the home teams had advanced in the divisional round except for the Chargers who were defeated by the underdog New York Jets. Mark is standing next to him absolutely delirious with joy and the entire team is going nuts. Just a fantastic moment.

This year’s vibe is different. It’s more of a “yeah, we’ve sometimes been too conservative, and yeah, our QB has had a couple bad games, and yes, we’ve lost some good players to injury. But if you think for one minute that the New York Jets have not come to play, you will find out very soon that you are wrong.” This team has an air of confidence and determination that any opponent overlooks at their peril.

Saturday night can’t get here soon enough.

I know and I'm no better.. Ive been guilty of the same disgust at their seasons but hell... we really can win this game.. I find it sad that since we take so much crap from everyone year after year because we usually suck, that when we are in the playoffs (even if we lucked out on the Jax win to get there) that theres such a lack of support.. Why be negative at all?? Is a positive attitude really so detrimental to us?

screw that.. I'm backing my boys 150%.. sending all my positive energy over to them.. we should all be doing the same...

I can't, it's bad luck! lol

We're like Pavlov's dog, unfortunately.

I'd be a lot more confident of our chances on Saturday night if we had won the ****** division. Then we'd likely be hosting a playoff game, maybe even have a week off.

I know the Jets have played poorly after having extra time off, and have performed better on the road. However, these are just pointing out deficiencies that will come back to bite us in the a$$. Nobody will root louder than me for this team, but I will only drink the Kool aid once we win the championship game.

I actually don't think the jets helmets are pretty.

Huh?

It is in my fair and educated opinion that the Football team from the great state of New York (New Jersey pffff) will travel to the fair city of Indianapolis

and KICK THE LIVING SH1T OUT OF THOSES FAGGITY a$$ COLTS - ahem I mean win the game.

It is in my fair and educated opinion that the Football team from the great state of New York (New Jersey pffff) will travel to the fair city of Indianapolis

and KICK THE LIVING SH1T OUT OF THOSES FAGGITY a$$ COLTS - ahem I mean win the game.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the spirit!

I'd be a lot more confident of our chances on Saturday night if we had won the ****** division. Then we'd likely be hosting a playoff game, maybe even have a week off.

I know the Jets have played poorly after having extra time off, and have performed better on the road. However, these are just pointing out deficiencies that will come back to bite us in the a$$. Nobody will root louder than me for this team, but I will only drink the Kool aid once we win the championship game.

Huh?

we all would be more confident if they won the division, but hell it is what it is.. we are in!

Max was referring to the last line of my initial post.. go back n see lol

Mark Sanchez is better than Peyton Manning. Jets win by infinity. I will eat buffalo wings and drink beer. Party. Party. Dominance. Pelvic thrust. "booyah."

NICE!!! your extra optimism will make up for the lack of V's.. :)

Archived