Rex Ryan's act wearing thin...

THE ILK

You completely contradicted yourself here... you insinuate that he is a bad coach, then say wins cure all, when the truth is he's delivered out best win total since 1998... and already produced 2 playoffs appearances in 2 years. While Mangini produced 2 in 3 years, Herm 2 in 4 years.

So unless the NFL is going to take wins away from us because Rex is a buffoon... I think you are off base.

Frankly, I think everyone (including myself) is griping about Rex talking because it reminds us all that we are stress out by our lack of confidence in the team. That isn't Rex's problem, clearly. That is our problem as a fanbase... as this mindset has been with us a lot longer than Rex has, he just has that magical way of yucking it up and boosting our collective anxieties about this damned franchise.

1. I dont think Rex is a good in-game coach.

2. Winning means Super Bowls. I dont care how many playoff wins or regular season wins he has. He will always be considered a big mouthed buffoon by the media unless he wins a Super Bowl.

My 2 statements were not related to each other. I made a personal opinion statement about Rex and then made a statement on how Rex will be viewed by the media. Sorry you could not understand what I was writing. I will strive to be clearer in my writings in the future so you dont have to have another soapbox moment.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last paragraph. FTW. The fact that I agree with you is bad.

Vote: I28

I dont agree at all with anything he wrote.

Rex doesnt bring out any anxiety until he makes another boneheaded move on the sideline. Boneheaded moves at the podium dont bother me too much, although i prefer a coach that a little less boastful.

I am prepared for that tattoo, God dammit. And DR is the man. THE MAN! ADMIT IT, BJ!!!!!!!!

I never denied it, I just did not want to see him get paid like he was THE QB MAN.

Please refrain from using God in vain in future interactions with me.

I only read the first four lines of the article, no super bowl trip to back up the talk? (How about a trip to the AFC title game and a pending playoff trip in the first two years of being a HC) then the article instantly disses Seinfeld?!?! End of article for me, clearly just another hater taking shots at Rex and anything else NY related he feels like slandering in a publication

No you are missing the point.

The fact that you are saying "if the team is not fully focused" is evidence that with the right approach, there are times when you can catch a team sleeping.

With Rex, there is no chance of that ever happening.

I am not saying that he is motivating them by what he says or does, but since you can hear him coming from miles away, there is no chance you will not be ready for him when he gets there.

There are times life is the prize, and still death can catch one off guard, because it does not announce itself. :blink:

With or without Rex, if a team is going to be sleeping, it is going to be sleeping.

You know what? I do care how the Jets are perceived. I'm not one of those wackjob fans that wears Jets clothing every day and is so emotionally invested in this team that I cry myself to sleep when they lose a ballgame, but I'd like to have a team that I can be proud to root for. All I've seen over the past month-plus is foot fetish garbage, Rex trash-talk garbage, Michelle Ryan gang-bang garbage--all the while with the team limping into the playoffs. It's frustrating. You're right that this should be a great time to be a Jets fan because of the record and because of the playoffs, and Lord knows we've waited forever to see this, but now that we're having success it comes wrapped in a giant f*cking circus caused by the one sh*thead at the top.

Everytime I see Rex talk on TV, I am thinking of Mrs Dean Wormer banging the football team

You know what? I do care how the Jets are perceived. I'm not one of those wackjob fans that wears Jets clothing every day and is so emotionally invested in this team that I cry myself to sleep when they lose a ballgame, but I'd like to have a team that I can be proud to root for. All I've seen over the past month-plus is foot fetish garbage, Rex trash-talk garbage, Michelle Ryan gang-bang garbage--all the while with the team limping into the playoffs. It's frustrating. You're right that this should be a great time to be a Jets fan because of the record and because of the playoffs, and Lord knows we've waited forever to see this, but now that we're having success it comes wrapped in a giant f*cking circus caused by the one sh*thead at the top.

This is just hows it going to be with this guy until he wins a championship. Love or hate. Obviously, I really want a SB run here but now I want it for Rex because I really want him to succeed and be a long term coach. I love his attitude. He's awesome. Its awesome. I love it, very few things entertain me more.

I completely and emphatically disagree. His players love and respond to it. He puts all the attention on himself and the players can focus on what they need to do to win. Rex can handle the controversy.

Would you rather the players be constantly interviewed over something stupid like a holdout or something stupid that a player like T.O. or Ocho might say.

Rex is ideal for this team

Not true.

If a team is going to be sleeping, Rex is their wakeup call.

Okay, so we've established that each game this year was the Super Bowl for every opponent we played. We went 11-5. Which of these games would we have won without Rex' mouth? Point them out to me. Actually, let me try.

Ravens - Didn't want to play on Opening Night. Sucks that Rex got Ray Lewis fired up, he's usually so calm.

Packers - Came storming out of the tunnel to the tune of nine points. Awesome display.

Patriots - Nothing to play for and Rex went and got under their skin. Could've won the division if not for Big Mouth.

Dolphins - Still in the playoff hunt, but they usually LOVE us. ****in Rex!

Bears - Playing for the two seed, but were so damn DROWSY the whole week until Rex had some presser where he said some THING to piss em off.

Wow, you're right. Rex has to shut up or we will lose in the playoffs.

1. I dont think Rex is a good in-game coach.

2. Winning means Super Bowls. I dont care how many playoff wins or regular season wins he has. He will always be considered a big mouthed buffoon by the media unless he wins a Super Bowl.

My 2 statements were not related to each other. I made a personal opinion statement about Rex and then made a statement on how Rex will be viewed by the media. Sorry you could not understand what I was writing. I will strive to be clearer in my writings in the future so you dont have to have another soapbox moment.

1. 11 wins says he's better more often than not. I have similar concerns about his "in-game" coaching, but in all, he is right more than he is wrong. I think when he stinks it up, it gets grossly exaggerated simply because Jets fans are all ******* babies.

2. The only reason the media has a leg to stand on regarding the "SuperBowl or emo disaster" claims they have been shoving down our throats re: trash talk is because the fans have reverted to being the same anxiety ridden group of whiney retards they have been for the past 3+ decades.

3. All I did was respond to your incoherent thoughts - but if it makes you feel better about yourself to insinuate that its my fault that you couldn't string together a couple sentences that didn't contradict each other, then have at it.

Okay, so we've established that each game this year was the Super Bowl for every opponent we played. We went 11-5. Which of these games would we have won without Rex' mouth? Point them out to me. Actually, let me try.

Ravens - Didn't want to play on Opening Night. Sucks that Rex got Ray Lewis fired up, he's usually so calm.

Packers - Came storming out of the tunnel to the tune of nine points. Awesome display.

Patriots - Nothing to play for and Rex went and got under their skin. Could've won the division if not for Big Mouth.

Dolphins - Still in the playoff hunt, but they usually LOVE us. ****in Rex!

Bears - Playing for the two seed, but were so damn DROWSY the whole week until Rex had some presser where he said some THING to piss em off.

Wow, you're right. Rex has to shut up or we will lose in the playoffs.

I never said any of that, but thanks for proving my point.

Again: "The Jets play has not matched the coaches boasts, calling more attention to it, is not a good thing IMO."

Not true.

If a team is going to be sleeping, Rex is their wakeup call.

I have pretty good reading comprehension but yet still can't seem to see how you equate the above statement to the "play of the team has not matched the coaches boasts" or whatever it is you said after that.

I see the above comment saying "If a team is not prepared and ready to win against the Jets, then they definitely will be after hearing Rex say something about their team or his team or someone else's team or something about food or the weather or..."

It sucks that the Colts were ready to sleepwalk through this game until Rex started to talk.

Now, the Colts are going to try to win the game.

Yeah, and we would never have a chance if Rex didnt say something stoopid ether. your rite.

I have pretty good reading comprehension but yet still can't seem to see how you equate the above statement to the "play of the team has not matched the coaches boasts" or whatever it is you said after that.

I see the above comment saying "If a team is not prepared and ready to win against the Jets, then they definitely will be after hearing Rex say something about their team or his team or someone else's team or something about food or the weather or..."

I was not equating the quote to the above statement, I was equating it to your post, and your post that I responded to with it in the first place, which you totally ignored.

As for how you see it, and your comprehension, it's not what I said.

Basically what I said was, that the Jets have no chance of sneaking up on anybody, when the head coach is blabbering all the time.

You may see him saying they are the best team as a good thing, even though they lost the division by 3 games.

But IMO when you lose 3 of your last 5, lose to the phags and get murdered by the team that won your division, treading lightly may lead to a good thing.

Teams catch other teams slipping all of the time, and the Jets could really use something like that, or any break for that matter.

I'm not saying it would happen, but there is no chance of it happening once Rex sounds the alarm.

Maybe if some of the sh*t he said was actual or even remotely close to what's really going on, it would not be so bad, but saying we are the best team in the playoffs is delusional at this point.

How about we beat beat last years AFC champs, and our division winner first, then talk up a storm, because at that point it definitely would not matter.

some of your are so pathetic...you act as if youve been hearing this from Rex for 5 or 6 seasons...ITS HIS SECOND YEAR. Last year he got us to the Championship game and this year we are back in the playoffs with a shot at the title. Get the f off your high horse and support this guy. He's the best coach we've ever had.

I was not equating the quote to the above statement, I was equating it to your post, and your post that I responded to with it in the first place, which you totally ignored.

As for how you see it, and your comprehension, it's not what I said.

Basically what I said was, that the Jets have no chance of sneaking up on anybody, when the head coach is blabbering all the time.

You may see him saying they are the best team as a good thing, even though they lost the division by 3 games.

But IMO when you lose 3 of your last 5, lose to the phags and get murdered by the team that won your division, treading lightly may lead to a good thing.

Teams catch other teams slipping all of the time, and the Jets could really use something like that, or any break for that matter.

I'm not saying it would happen, but there is no chance of it happening once Rex sounds the alarm.

Maybe if some of the sh*t he said was actual or even remotely close to what's really going on, it would not be so bad, but saying we are the best team in the playoffs is delusional at this point.

How about we beat beat last years AFC champs, and our division winner first, then talk up a storm, because at that point it definitely would not matter.

I just think you're overestimating the whole "sounding the alarm" thing. When did he say we were the best team in the playoffs? Is there any coach who doesn't believe their team is the best in the playoffs? It's not like we're the freaking Seahawks. We've already beaten the top two seeds and lost by a point to the number three seed. And our coach thinks we're the best team? What a wacko! Somebody needs to take their meds!

I am just so sick of the whole, "Well shucks, we're just lucky to be in the NFL and on the same field as (insert team name here). I shurr do hope we can get lucky." bullsh*t. It's all crap. If you don't think Bill Belichick is as arrogant as Rex Ryan, they you're the one who is delusional. He just LIES about it so that people will like him more. It's the only reason any of them do it because they want to be liked and maybe Daddy won't hit them that hard if they don't open their mouths so much. **** that. Rex is the only one with balls big enough to say what they all truly feel. I know what the **** they're ALL thinking and if they're not thinking it, then they don't belong on a football field, because they should be.

My point is, I just don't see how treading lightly makes a damn bit of difference in what takes place on the field. It's like the loch ness monster and sasquatch. It's a ******* myth. Prove me wrong. Show me the game, the quarter, the possession, where it made a difference. Until then, it's just a theory with no basis in reality.

Honestly, I think 90% of Jets fans are embarrassed by it now. NY football fans are the ultimate put up or shut up crowd. This jawing sucks without a title. Especially his sniping at the Pats. Mofo, please. And, let's be honest, if Rex was the coach of the Dolphins and he was running this shtick, every Jets fan in the world would be screaming about what a tool this guy is.

It's the stupidest premise in the article and you pick it right up and agree? Rex needs a title to back up his jawing? How many chances has he had? ONE and he almost did it with a rookie QB.

You believe in this bullseye crap?

If someone needs to use the words of the other team as motivation in the playoffs, and can't get up on their own, then they already lost.

I would believe ths more if coaches like Norv Turner and Herm Edwards didn't get their teams in the playoffs every year. We'll see who is this year's genius.

How many teams HC's have talked like Rex without winning a super bowl? do any talk like that that do have a super bowl? why doesnt everybody do it if it doesnt matter?

Im seriously past the point of caring what he says anymore. I dont think anybody really listens anymore. he says it ALL the time. so I really dont see any shock value anymore anyways. it's just Rex being Rex like Manny being Manny.

"It's never been our goal (just) to get to the Super Bowl. I think that our guys will keep that in perspective. We're going to Tampa to do the job."

Mike Tomlin

Didn't take long to google that.

How many teams talked sh*t? Old Steelers weren't quiet. Old Cowboys. Certainly not the Irvin Cowboys. Super Bowl Shuffle. Raiders. Ravens? I remember a certain QB guaranteed a win before a super bowl too. Coaches don't talk like that because they are afraid of getting fired, not because it is a poor motivational tactic.

Why does BP continuously slob Bill Parcells' knob? Am I missing something here?

Self fellatio is fun, if you can pull it off.

Last paragraph. FTW. The fact that I agree with you is bad.

Vote: I28

Agreed on all counts. He actually called T0m out about the "winning titles" bullsh*t earlier, but I had already multi-quoted it.

I just think you're overestimating the whole "sounding the alarm" thing. When did he say we were the best team in the playoffs? Is there any coach who doesn't believe their team is the best in the playoffs? It's not like we're the freaking Seahawks. We've already beaten the top two seeds and lost by a point to the number three seed. And our coach thinks we're the best team? What a wacko! Somebody needs to take their meds!

I am just so sick of the whole, "Well shucks, we're just lucky to be in the NFL and on the same field as (insert team name here). I shurr do hope we can get lucky." bullsh*t. It's all crap. If you don't think Bill Belichick is as arrogant as Rex Ryan, they you're the one who is delusional. He just LIES about it so that people will like him more. It's the only reason any of them do it because they want to be liked and maybe Daddy won't hit them that hard if they don't open their mouths so much. **** that. Rex is the only one with balls big enough to say what they all truly feel. I know what the **** they're ALL thinking and if they're not thinking it, then they don't belong on a football field, because they should be.

My point is, I just don't see how treading lightly makes a damn bit of difference in what takes place on the field. It's like the loch ness monster and sasquatch. It's a ******* myth. Prove me wrong. Show me the game, the quarter, the possession, where it made a difference. Until then, it's just a theory with no basis in reality.

Sounds to me like you are reading way beyond what I am posting, because most if this is out of left field.

Most people hate/hated the cheats and beliscum despite how they act, Rex is actually making it easier for those haters to root for them.

Some people don't want to hear how we are the best team over and over and over again, when we lost the division by 3 games, it's silly.

Again there is no way to prove it would definitely happen, but teams take teams lightly all of the time, that's never going to happen when Rex is constantly firing shots.

IMO, the Jets could use any/every advantage they could possibly get.

There is no chance of anybody not being totally up for us, with the boasts to the media (no matter how far fetched) that are constantly being made.

That is all I'm saying.

Rex could tell his team whatever he wants, he does not have to share it with the rest of the world, and he certainly could tone things tone a bit on several levels.

I have no problem with speaking up, seizing the moment and delivering. (ala Namath and Messier)

I do/will have a problem with speaking up all the time and delivering nothing. (ala Ewing)

I hope in the end I can say I'm wrong about this, but if his team does not deliver, all the proof I'll need is right there in New York sports lure.

Those guys got it done, and they never sounded like broken records doing it either!

I want Rex to go down as a champ, but if he does not, I'd rather him not go down as the biggest chump ever.

Which is exactly what will happen, with all the talk he has spewed.

It's the stupidest premise in the article and you pick it right up and agree? Rex needs a title to back up his jawing? How many chances has he had? ONE and he almost did it with a rookie QB.

And with a little divine intervention from the Kicking Gods.

Dom you have to agree all these boasts will start to fall on death ears. You can only write "Soon to be Champs" on the ESPN bus so many times before the players tune him out and tell him to STFU.

And with a little divine intervention from the Kicking Gods.

Dom you have to agree all these boasts will start to fall on death ears. You can only write "Soon to be Champs" on the ESPN bus so many times before the players tune him out and tell him to STFU.

Rex's approach forces him to win now because the veterans will start to tune him out if they under-achieve. Players will only support a coach for so long, before the revolution begins

the whole premise of this thread is what sucks. A classic "same old jetfans" thread imo. We are preparing ourselves to find the negativity in all things jets in the event of a loss to the Colts.

This kinda thread is post season fodder in the event we don't win a playoff game this season. Not a thread for an 11-5 team heading for a playoff game that went 4-12 4 years ago.

You are a breath of fresh air REX for this fan since 1969. You are funny, you are real, and you have every right to speak with confidence about the team you coach. The other coach you share the stadium with said it best recently. " THE CRITICS CAN KISS MY AZZ "

Whatever happens tonight, thank you for all you've achieved in your short tenure to date. This jetfan is thankful for your "unmangini like" colorful antics at the podium and you're positive outlook on our future.

You believe the message you send at podium is best for your team and i'm ok with it.

the whole premise of this thread is what sucks. A classic "same old jetfans" thread imo. We are preparing ourselves to find the negativity in all things jets in the event of a loss to the Colts.

This kinda thread is post season fodder in the event we don't win a playoff game this season. Not a thread for an 11-5 team heading for a playoff game that went 4-12 4 years ago.

You are a breath of fresh air REX for this fan since 1969. You are funny, you are real, and you have every right to speak with confidence about the team you coach. The other coach you share the stadium with said it best recently. " THE CRITICS CAN KISS MY AZZ "

Whatever happens tonight, thank you for all you've achieved in your short tenure to date. This jetfan is thankful for your "unmangini like" colorful antics at the podium and you're positive outlook on our future.

You believe the message you send at podium is best for your team and i'm ok with it.

Agreed most places I go I meet fans from other teams and most say the same thing - I like your team but man I can't stand your coach.

I love this for one reason -- He makes us relevent He puts us on the football map. We may end up a laughingstock but we will be one with balls and not a bunch of worthless losers as in years past. I wore my Jets gear with pride when we were 1-15 and I have more pride in this team today no matter what happens tonight- I would rather Rex as my coach than alot of others out there

BTW good to see you posting joewillie. Lets kick some azz tonight.

Agreed most places I go I meet fans from other teams and most say the same thing - I like your team but man I can't stand your coach.

I love this for one reason -- He makes us relevent He puts us on the football map. We may end up a laughingstock but we will be one with balls and not a bunch of worthless losers as in years past. I wore my Jets gear with pride when we were 1-15 and I have more pride in this team today no matter what happens tonight- I would rather Rex as my coach than alot of others out there

BTW good to see you posting joewillie. Lets kick some azz tonight.

Hey slomoe, whats up? I've been readin the board but don't seem to post much.

Rex is like Max in many ways. He's large, thinks he's funny, has a small but devoted following and has fetishes. What else could you ask for from a website admin or a coach?

Archived