Rex Ryan's act wearing thin...

THE ILK

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the stupidest premise in the article and you pick it right up and agree? Rex needs a title to back up his jawing? How many chances has he had? ONE and he almost did it with a rookie QB.

I would believe ths more if coaches like Norv Turner and Herm Edwards didn't get their teams in the playoffs every year. We'll see who is this year's genius.

"It's never been our goal (just) to get to the Super Bowl. I think that our guys will keep that in perspective. We're going to Tampa to do the job."

Mike Tomlin

Didn't take long to google that.

How many teams talked sh*t? Old Steelers weren't quiet. Old Cowboys. Certainly not the Irvin Cowboys. Super Bowl Shuffle. Raiders. Ravens? I remember a certain QB guaranteed a win before a super bowl too. Coaches don't talk like that because they are afraid of getting fired, not because it is a poor motivational tactic.

Self fellatio is fun, if you can pull it off.

Agreed on all counts. He actually called T0m out about the "winning titles" bullsh*t earlier, but I had already multi-quoted it.

Yeah, and we would never have a chance if Rex didnt say something stoopid ether. your rite.

Why is my name and JiF's italicized? Did the Sheriff's Department make you do that? Because it's unconstitutional.

I think that means you're an anonymous user in this new software..lol...normal people (no mod) can't see that, Tom :)

Yeah, and we would never have a chance if Rex didnt say something stoopid ether. your rite.

:cheergal:

Buncha slapdicks! What the hell is wrong with a coach having confidence in his team?

You do realize that whether Rex expresses confidence or not in press conferences and the team's fortunes on the field have absolutely no bearing on each other, right?

And when has Rex made any proclamations? When, exactly, did Rex start his PC by stepping up to the mike and saying: "Look before anyone asks any questions, I just want to say the Jets are the mother****in' sh*t and we're gonna **** our way to the Super Bowl and **** Tom Brady!"

It's literally never happened! The man answers questions about his confidence in his team. Would you rather he take the Lou Holtz schtick of pretending his team couldn't beat a Pop Warner club or act like a man and show that he has confidence in his team?

******* people around here act like Rex has some bizarre form of Tourette's where he just randomly blurts out "we're gonna win the Super Bowl" 600 times a day.

Sack up and grow a pair!

Buncha slapdicks! What the hell is wrong with a coach having confidence in his team?

You do realize that whether Rex expresses confidence or not in press conferences and the team's fortunes on the field have absolutely no bearing on each other, right?

And when has Rex made any proclamations? When, exactly, did Rex start his PC by stepping up to the mike and saying: "Look before anyone asks any questions, I just want to say the Jets are the mother****in' sh*t and we're gonna **** our way to the Super Bowl and **** Tom Brady!"

It's literally never happened! The man answers questions about his confidence in his team. Would you rather he take the Lou Holtz schtick of pretending his team couldn't beat a Pop Warner club or act like a man and show that he has confidence in his team?

******* people around here act like Rex has some bizarre form of Tourette's where he just randomly blurts out "we're gonna win the Super Bowl" 600 times a day.

Sack up and grow a pair!

Pussies

Sack up and grow a pair!

You have a guilty conscience?

How did you get all of that out of my comment? fool

:rl:

There are good and bad points about all of Rex's talk. The good is that it takes pressure off the players because the media is going after him...and it can be pretty funny at times. The bad is that puts a bulls eye on the team. The organization and it's fans constantly have to hear about it. The Jets were targeted by the media this year and many of the things reported were so overblown and over reported it was ridiculous.

He's a great coach though. I'll take him and his occasionally cocky comments over many of the other coaches we've had over the years. This team finally has a bit of toughness and swagger. Remember, he is only a 2nd year head coach, he's still learning too. If he doesn't win the SB this year I can see him toning it down a bit next year. If we win, Jet fans and the media will forget all that cockiness and look at him as a genius. Think about it, 1st year coach with a rookie QB goes to the AFC Championship game and then in the 2nd year they win the SB. That's pretty damn impressive.

There are good and bad points about all of Rex's talk. The good is that it takes pressure off the players because the media is going after him...and it can be pretty funny at times. The bad is that puts a bulls eye on the team. The organization and it's fans constantly have to hear about it. The Jets were targeted by the media this year and many of the things reported were so overblown and over reported it was ridiculous.

He's a great coach though. I'll take him and his occasionally cocky comments over many of the other coaches we've had over the years. This team finally has a bit of toughness and swagger. Remember, he is only a 2nd year head coach, he's still learning too. If he doesn't win the SB this year I can see him toning it down a bit next year. If we win, Jet fans and the media will forget all that cockiness and look at him as a genius. Think about it, 1st year coach with a rookie QB goes to the AFC Championship game and then in the 2nd year they win the SB. That's pretty damn impressive.

Great post. Agree with all of it. Welcome to the board!

Good post, but you can't have it both ways here.

You either think the Jets are the best or you think same old Jets!

You can not say anything about Rex's approach is bad or you are a pussy!

If you don't want Revis to get a ridiculous contract you are a hater!

You either suck dick or you don't suck dick!

Welcome to JetNation!

Im gonna make a very telling comment here. Mumbles is hated by A LOT of people. but, he is respected everywhere! I don't know if the same can be said for our rotund head coach. not that it really matters though.

And this is to all the cry babies that say the Jets never get any cred in the press..lol.. pussies.

BP, here's a novel concept: Give Rex some time. He's already done what Herm and Mangini could not do and gotten us 1 game away from the Super Bowl. No, he isn't well-respected and quite honestly he hasn't earned that respect just yet. But its high time you accept that he is what he is, that he'll be our coach for a while, and that there are probably about 25 teams in the league that wish he was their coach.

BP, here's a novel concept: Give Rex some time. He's already done what Herm and Mangini could not do and gotten us 1 game away from the Super Bowl. No, he isn't well-respected and quite honestly he hasn't earned that respect just yet. But its high time you accept that he is what he is, that he'll be our coach for a while, and that there are probably about 25 teams in the league that wish he was their coach.

And this is a reply to what exactly? Im not the one crying that the Jets arent respected. talk to Matt, he was the no life loser Rex lover calling into the FAN pounding his fist in anger.

What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about all the cry babies that are saying the Jets get no respect. but on the other hand love all this kind of talk. you can't have it both ways.

Now what were you talking about?

I'm talking about all the cry babies that are saying the Jets get no respect. but on the other hand love all this kind of talk. you can't have it both ways.

Now what were you talking about?

I certainly wasn't crying about the Jets not getting respect. The Jets will get respect when they win a couple of playoff games and shut people the **** up.

What's the worst case scenario? We lose tomorrow and the Jets are 23-13 in two years under a 2nd year coach with a 2nd year QB and a very promising future. A couple of media jagoffs whom no one respects will shoot their mouth off about Rex being a blowhard and we go about our business.

I certainly wasn't crying about the Jets not getting respect. The Jets will get respect when they win a couple of playoff games and shut people the **** up.

What's the worst case scenario? We lose tomorrow and the Jets are 23-13 in two years under a 2nd year coach with a 2nd year QB and a very promising future. A couple of media jagoffs whom no one respects will shoot their mouth off about Rex being a blowhard and we go about our business.

And BP will make a bunch of threads, where he jumps up and down, points and laughs.

What else is new?

They already won a couple of playoff games and arent respected..lol

I dont listen to any of that sh*t anyways (unlike loser/Rex lover Matt39 lol )

And BP will make a bunch of threads, where he jumps up and down, points and laughs.

What else is new?

Not much. Been pretty much the same for 40+ years.

Seriously, if you're a Jets fan and you don't have a thick skin by now? Does anyone in their right mind think Jets fans will be overly bummed out by a playoff loss? I was at the fake spike game for Christ's sake!

What else is new?

Show me that sh*t, will you? thats the second time you've acused me of something absolutely not true.

You know what is true though? you're a banned poster who has come back under an alias and has almost 10k posts in a ******* year. now I will tell you that is dedication.

Archived