Alk, gimme the lowdown on Barrett Ruud and Fabian Washington

RichardSeymour

If you've done it already, link me, but as someone who probably knows em better than anyone here, what's your analysis of 'em?

I ask because your sig reminded me that you've probably seen every game they've played.

Well as you can tell, I like Ruud alot. He's the best LB to come out of Nebraska in a long long time. I've compared his playing style to Bruschi. He doesn't overwhelm people with his speed or overall athleticism, but he just seems to be able to read plays faster than most and be in the right place at the right time. He's not a really hard hitter but a very good tackler.

Fabian Washington I never really cared for but he's making alot of noise in the combine. He had an excellent sophomore season but his Junior year was very average if not below average. This could have been due to the fact that we changed defensive coordinators.

I can dig a baby-Bruschi (although Bru's a sick athlete.... he IS gumby...)....

second question: is Nebraska ever going to be good again?

I agree Bruschi is a great athlete but he's not one of those guys that you look at and are in awe of. He just goes balls to the wall.

I had predicted that Callahan would have Nebraska back on top of the Big 12 North in three years. Now I think it's safe to say after his second year he'll take the North back. That's nothing major but baby steps are good. He had a phenomenal recruiting class. Top 10 on Rivals I think. He landed Marlon Lucky, the second rated running back in the entire nation. He was also able to get a couple passing QBs and three 6'3" receivers. Things are really looking up in Husker land after that debacle Solich left us with.

Archived