Sanchez called the game winning play?

serphnx

I'm happy Sanchez called the game winning play, but if he was worth a sh*t, the Jets would have won by 20 points at least.

He was awful last night. The Jets with a real QB dominate and that last second FG wouldnt have been necessary.

Very happy we won, big throw to Braylon...but Sanchez needs to be a whole lot better for us to beat the Pats.

I'm happy Sanchez called the game winning play, but if he was worth a sh*t, the Jets would have won by 20 points at least.

He was awful last night. The Jets with a real QB dominate and that last second FG wouldnt have been necessary.

Very happy we won, big throw to Braylon...but Sanchez needs to be a whole lot better for us to beat the Pats.

It looked like his mechanics was the problem, perhaps that has something to do with is injured shoulder.

At least he did not throw 25 picks, like wee wee Favre did when he had a boo boo.

It looked like his mechanics was the problem, perhaps that has something to do with is injured shoulder.

At least he did not throw 25 picks, like wee wee Favre did when he had a boo boo.

Yeah, he did enough for us not lose and he made a big play when we needed it most. I'm grateful for that, and it was a very clutch moment from a player who was horrendous for the entire evening.

Yeah, he did enough for us not lose and he made a big play when we needed it most. I'm grateful for that, and it was a very clutch moment from a player who was horrendous for the entire evening.

Noodle would have thrown a pass to short and we would have missed the kick.

Failve would have thrown 4-7 picks.

I'll take it!

No way, rex was run , timeout and kick.. There was like 30 seconds left on the clock and the jets were milling around a bit, not rushing to line to clock..

Sanchez had been epically bad all night, i seriously doubt he was going to risk it

I think they were trying to get the Colts to tip their hat as to what they were doing. If he had no intention of risking it they never would have allowed Sanchez to throw the ball to Edwards on the next play. They would have run up the middle one more time and then taken their last time out.

This may surprise you but...you'll get no argument from me on this. I was cringing as Mark bungled around most of that game.

But you should be prepared for growing pains from a young QB. Sanchez barely played in college as well. Outside of Matt Ryan, and I'm actually still not sure how he'll perform either, young QBs are generally absolutely awful in the playoffs. The hope is Sanchez develops into a top QB.

But go and check out Peyton Manning and Ben Rapistberger's stats in the playoffs their first few years. Ben did play pretty well that second year up until the SB, where he was epically awful, but he was far worse than Sanchez his rookie year in the playoffs.

Hopefully Sanchez goes out there and looks fantastic against the Pats, although I temper my hopes. I just hope he does well enough. Next year I expect more improvement, and hopefully by his 4th or 5th year he can really start carrying this team. But right now? The Jets need great defense and a great run game. That's what this team is supposed to be built on anyway. Sanchez still needs to be better than he was, but I'm not looking for Joe Montana in the playoffs, I have low expectations. Just be a bit better than Flacco of last year.

I think they were trying to get the Colts to tip their hat as to what they were doing. If he had no intention of risking it they never would have allowed Sanchez to throw the ball to Edwards on the next play. They would have run up the middle one more time and then taken their last time out.

That time out was idiotic. It was second down with 29 seconds left and they had no timeouts left, the only way the colts offense was getting the ball back is if the jets did something really stupid.. Even two pass plays would've chewed say 14.. another 5-7 for the kick and the rest is used on the squib kick, maybe they down it right away and get to throw a hail mary, but that's best case scenario. Almost certainly we would've ran the ball atleast 1 time.

re: the fact that they did throw it ... well yeah, this article is about how braylon and sanchez took the timeout to convince schotty to let them.. From the posture of the players and my suspicion on the way rex's mind works (he had to be telling himself the whole time, just get to the xx yard line and folk's gonna make it), I'd bet anything we were going to get a couple runs into the line, hope we chrun about 8+ yards out (like we had been all game) and kick a 40 yarder to win..

He was awful, it should've never come down to it.. agreed 100%. He's a hero in the end, but the Pats aren't going to play pussy ball with us like the Colts did.. Was really shocked by how passive manning was last night..

Sound like what Herm did and got killed for

Hey I'm not saying I agreed, I was cringing...i was screaming for the pass to braylon, I liked it the drive before (Braylon was burning the guy all night), this is nfl if your qb can't hit a wide open wr who has a solid 10 inches of reach on his defender, you deserve to lose..

Hey I'm not saying I agreed, I was cringing...i was screaming for the pass to braylon, I liked it the drive before (Braylon was burning the guy all night), this is nfl if your qb can't hit a wide open wr who has a solid 10 inches of reach on his defender, you deserve to lose..

If we're going to do anything this postseason, Sanchez is going to have to play much better. We were play-calling around him. His throws were just UGLY. It really boggles my mind that he can have some absolutely beautiful throws and then have some of the ugliest ones as well. Going into a given game you have no idea which version you're getting.

He was awful, it should've never come down to it.. agreed 100%. He's a hero in the end, but the Pats aren't going to play pussy ball with us like the Colts did.. Was really shocked by how passive manning was last night..

Braylon is my hero, that catch was amazing. Our WR's bailed him out a bunch last night.

And I was shocked as well. We must have really been confusing them.

inline.jpg

Braylon is my hero, that catch was amazing. Our WR's bailed him out a bunch last night.

And I was shocked as well. We most have really been confusing them.

inline.jpg

If you would have told me going into the game that the Jets would lose the turnover battle, I would have given the Jets about a 10% chance of winning.

Great resiliency by this team

And I was shocked as well. We must have really been confusing them.

I didn't see confused, almost like it was thier game plan. They never hurried to the line or anything, also peyton seems to pride himself on not forcing things these days, i know they converted 2 of them, but all those runs he audibled into on third and whatever definitely made me happy.. maybe that terrible run midseason put some doubt into his head, he's gotta be wondering when he's going to start losing it.. he definitely didn't look like a qb i'd be too afraid to face ever again..

I didn't see confused, almost like it was thier game plan. They never hurried to the line or anything, also peyton seems to pride himself on not forcing things these days, i know they converted 2 of them, but all those runs he audibled into on third and whatever definitely made me happy.. maybe that terrible run midseason put some doubt into his head, he's gotta be wondering when he's going to start losing it.. he definitely didn't look like a qb i'd be too afraid to face ever again..

Yeah, maybe confused was the wrong word...maybe surprised by the packages we were showing.

I dont know how much Peyton is losing it or its just the lack on continuity on offense he had this season. I dunno. He's still Peyton, I think he just got our best effort defensively and it was obviously too much.

Yeah, maybe confused was the wrong word...maybe surprised by the packages we were showing.

I dont know how much Peyton is losing it or its just the lack on continuity on offense he had this season. I dunno. He's still Peyton, I think he just got our best effort defensively and it was obviously too much.

Dude.. The colts had 3 drives in the second half, all went for FG's.. The first 2 ended on running plays on third down, the second one ended on a running play on third and 7 at our 15 in a home playoff game thier losing by 4 with 5 minutes left! I was shocked he ran it, shocked. This is the same cat who a few years ago shushed the FG kicker off the field and converted a fourth down to help take his team in for a go ahead TD. I understand we were offerring the pass and daring them to run, but the old peyton manning doesn't back down from that challange in that spot.

How about with 45 seconds to go in the first half and two timeouts and they don't even try to score!! mind boggling.

They played like anything other then I've seen Manning play.. it was pathetic.. like watching a schotennheimer, herm or any of the other "play not to lose" loser teams.. it was sad frankly

I really don't think it was us as much as we'd like to think..

I take it you didn't read the article ?

With 29 seconds and one timeout left, the Jets were going to call one last play, another run, when the Colts did the damndest thing. They called timeout.

Given time to get the right play, the Jets talked it out. It was a group effort. New York considered calling another running play anyway, but 6-foot-3 receiver Braylon Edwards objected. Since the Colts had given New York time to talk it out, Edwards noted that he was being single-covered by 5-10 Colts cornerback Jacob Lacey. He wanted the ball.

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer relented, and suggested a certain pass play. This time, quarterback Mark Sanchez objected. (Told you -- this was a group effort.) Anyway, Schottenheimer relented a second time.

Here, Mark, he told Sanchez. You call the play.

No animosity. All trust. Schottenheimer trusted Sanchez to call a play that would work, and Sanchez called a streak to Edwards down the right sideline. It worked -- easily, with Edwards rising high above Lacey for the catch -- for 18 yards. The clock ran down to three seconds, and the Jets called their final timeout.

Dude.. The colts had 3 drives in the second half, all went for FG's.. The first 2 ended on running plays on third down, the second one ended on a running play on third and 7 at our 15 in a home playoff game thier losing by 4 with 5 minutes left! I was shocked he ran it, shocked. This is the same cat who a few years ago shushed the FG kicker off the field and converted a fourth down to help take his team in for a go ahead TD. I understand we were offerring the pass and daring them to run, but the old peyton manning doesn't back down from that challange in that spot.

How about with 45 seconds to go in the first half and two timeouts and they don't even try to score!! mind boggling.

They played like anything other then I've seen Manning play.. it was pathetic.. like watching a schotennheimer, herm or any of the other "play not to lose" loser teams.. it was sad frankly

I really don't think it was us as much as we'd like to think..

Yeah, but you love to not give this defense any credit. You've been doing it all year long. Weather, players, team, etc.

They played really well last night. Revis took his favorite goto target out of the game and though Cro got beat a couple of times, he mostly did a great job on Garcon. This D was taking away a lot of their routes. Hell, even Eric Smith kind of jumped a route last night.

They were picking up a lot of those runs on 3rd. He clearly was confident they could win that way.

I dont know what it was, but I dont think its because Manning is losing it and he was scared to throw, like you are implying. He threw it more this season than he ever had before by a wide margin.

Yeah, but you love to not give this defense any credit. You've been doing it all year long. Weather, players, team, etc.

Hold up, that's only been in response to the "deferenzes is da bomb" type posts.. keep it in context, i've never said this wasn't a good defense..

and i did admit yesterday revis was awesome, and I'm I know fan..

They played really well last night. Revis took his favorite goto target out of the game and though Cro got beat a couple of times, he mostly did a great job on Garcon. This D was taking away a lot of their routes. Hell, even Eric Smith kind of jumped a route last night.

They were picking up a lot of those runs on 3rd. He clearly was confident they could win that way.

I dont know what it was, but I dont think its because Manning is losing it and he was scared to throw, like you are implying. He threw it more this season than he ever had before by a wide margin.

ok, you didn't really answer my question, but whatever.. to my eyes, that wasn't the same qb we saw last year.. maybe it's his guys being out, maybe rex intimidated him by not blitzing and playing 2 deep, maybe he's just a big sissy who didn't want to choke again..

Hold up, that's only been in response to the "deferenzes is da bomb" type posts.. keep it in context, i've never said this wasn't a good defense..

and i did admit yesterday revis was awesome, and I'm I know fan..

ok, you didn't really answer my question, but whatever.. to my eyes, that wasn't the same qb we saw last year.. maybe it's his guys being out, maybe rex intimidated him by not blitzing and playing 2 deep, maybe he's just a big sissy who didn't want to choke again..

Did you ask a question?

I think Peyton is a choker, I've always thought that and why I'd take Brady over him any day. But I dont think he's any less of a Qb...not yet.

Did you ask a question?

I think Peyton is a choker, I've always thought that and why I'd take Brady over him any day. But I dont think he's any less of a Qb...not yet.

leave me alone, i don't have time to be playing around on the net with you

Archived