Did the compensation for Cromartie go up

BigOrangeJetFan

With our win last night, do we now owe the Chargers our 2nd round pick this year?

Believe that was the 8th TD caught vs Cromartie this year. Is he worth a 2nd rounder?

Is he a free agent after this year?

That is the word.

If he signs someplace else, the Jets will receive a compensatory pick also (depending how FA plays out)

The Jets should sign Cro NOW while they can get him at a discount.

Cro has mouths to feed, lots of mouths to feed. Even if the there is no football next season because of a lockout / strike Cro is still on the hook for child support in 5 states. If Tanny offered him a below market deal with a decent SB up front I think Cro would take it (at least Mrs Cro would take it) rather than face child support without income.

The Jets should sign Cro NOW while they can get him at a discount.

Cro has mouths to feed, lots of mouths to feed. Even if the there is no football next season because of a lockout / strike Cro is still on the hook for child support in 5 states. If Tanny offered him a below market deal with a decent SB up front I think Cro would take it (at least Mrs Cro would take it) rather than face child support without income.

I'm pretty sure he could get a downward modification based upon his inability to earn.

I'm pretty sure he could get a downward modification based upon his inability to earn.

couple issues there. One, he has to find a sympathetic judge. Two, it takes time to get through the legal system and in the meantime he has to continue making payments. if you remember when the Jets traded for Cro they advanced him some $$ b/c he was having cash-flow issues.

Also, if you watch Hard Knocks you'll see Cro has either a live-in girlfriend or wife I can't remember which. How are you going to explain to your wife/gf and mother of some of your kids that you are turning down cash money today in hopes of a larger deal in the future....but in the meantime you won't be able to pay your bills?

Trust me, Cro would take a below market deal with a SB given today's labor unrest. Jets may be averse to paying out a big SB for the same reason, but this is a great chance to sign him.

couple issues there. One, he has to find a sympathetic judge. Two, it takes time to get through the legal system and in the meantime he has to continue making payments. if you remember when the Jets traded for Cro they advanced him some $$ b/c he was having cash-flow issues.

Also, if you watch Hard Knocks you'll see Cro has either a live-in girlfriend or wife I can't remember which. How are you going to explain to your wife/gf and mother of some of your kids that you are turning down cash money today in hopes of a larger deal in the future....but in the meantime you won't be able to pay your bills?

Trust me, Cro would take a below market deal with a SB given today's labor unrest. Jets may be averse to paying out a big SB for the same reason, but this is a great chance to sign him.

In NYC you do it with an Order to Show Cause - should appear in court in under 2 weeks - and no sympathy needed. Child support is based upon a simple percentage of earnings. With zero earnings, they will probably keep him on the hook for a minimal sum, but he will get a HUGE downward modification. The only way that they would not allow a downward modification in NY would be if they believed he was intentionally trying not to make money, such as with a holdout. I've done it hundreds of times. He might take a deal based upon the labor unrest, but that goes for plenty of guys.

In NYC you do it with an Order to Show Cause - should appear in court in under 2 weeks - and no sympathy needed. Child support is based upon a simple percentage of earnings. With zero earnings, they will probably keep him on the hook for a minimal sum, but he will get a HUGE downward modification. The only way that they would not allow a downward modification in NY would be if they believed he was intentionally trying not to make money, such as with a holdout. I've done it hundreds of times. He might take a deal based upon the labor unrest, but that goes for plenty of guys.

I'm with you, but wouldn't he have to wait until September when he starts missing game checks? IN the meantime Cro is on the hook for payments in like 6 different states.

I'm with you, but wouldn't he have to wait until September when he starts missing game checks? IN the meantime Cro is on the hook for payments in like 6 different states.

The six states is what would probably drive him nuts. That six seperate attorneys and six seperate fees. He'd probably have to actually appear at most of them. Judges don't like non-appearances by unemployed guys though he could probably try to cry poverty on the airfare. Still it's chump change for these guys - probably $3-5K each action. He probably couldn't get the reduction until he stopped getting paid, but he also wouldn't need it until then and they'd have time to get the papers ready. It is still basically going to boil down to what his agent sells him.

Archived