Cheaters can have a bad game but Jets Can't?

billo83

Jets lost their starting safety to injury the Friday before the Pats game. The defensive backfield was a dissaster and we blitzed like mad to compensate. It was ugly. We also had two punts shanked and Sanchez was awful.

Saturday night our safety play was better then it has been all year. We didn't blitz very much at all and were extremely patient. We took the middle of the field out something we haven't been able to do all year. The middle of the field was wide open for Brady in the Monday night game. We had no idea what we were doing.

That doesn't mean we will win or are a better team we aren't. If we get a good game out of Sanchez I believe we will be significantly better on D and this game could come down to turnovers and field position.

The Pats are playing at a very high level but I believe the Jets have stabalized things and the 2 weeks off for a very hot team may not be an advantage at all.

The only way we win is if Rexy takes on Wilfork in a Five Guys Burger eating contest at Kraft's Mega Mall.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the same O that the Browns handled without a problem? That game showed that even the mighty Pats* offense can be stopped. I expect Rex/Pettine to come up with a master game plan for the D. There's no way Rex gets embarassed twice. Also, I say the Jets with an energized LT and Greene will run well against your D.

It happens to the best of them. That game had more to do with the Patriots having their heads up their asses than it did the Browns coming up with some master gameplan. If it didn't, surely Rex would have used his brother's formula and wouldn't have been blown out of the water the next time he faced them.

House money game for me with the pressure on NE to win more so than us.

I want the win badly but won't be as devastated with a loss as I would have with the Colts game.

Brady is just unconcious right now so expectations on my part are tempered. If he does not come out of his zone the PATS will be nearly impossible to beat. Their game against GB gives some hope but as mentioned by others, GB has pass rush.

We have a punchers chance if Sanchez gives us a huge game.

It's the playoffs, what is this with there being more pressure on one team than the other? Either team loses, they're teeing it up with the Dolphins and Bills next weekend.

It's the playoffs, what is this with there being more pressure on one team than the other? Either team loses, they're teeing it up with the Dolphins and Bills next weekend.

Save your breath. Jets fans dont know how to act. Its hard work being winners and caring yourself with class and dignity.

It happens to the best of them. That game had more to do with the Patriots having their heads up their asses than it did the Browns coming up with some master gameplan. If it didn't, surely Rex would have used his brother's formula and wouldn't have been blown out of the water the next time he faced them.

My point was more that they can be stopped, which a lot of people are saying is not possible. Rex can be stubborn, so I don't necessarily believe he would use Rob's formula so to speak. However, he has learned and I think you will see something entirely different this time around.

House money game for me with the pressure on NE to win more so than us.

I want the win badly but won't be as devastated with a loss as I would have with the Colts game.

Brady is just unconcious right now so expectations on my part are tempered. If he does not come out of his zone the PATS will be nearly impossible to beat. Their game against GB gives some hope but as mentioned by others, GB has pass rush.

We have a punchers chance if Sanchez gives us a huge game.

Year 43 of house money. The pressure is squarely on the Jets. Brady and BB are allready mortal locks for Canton. We can either fold like we did on Monday night or come out focused and play great football. Pressure is on Sanchez to complete 60 plus percent of his passes and not turn the ball over. Pressure is on the Jets secondary to cover the middle of the field while our pass rush is tied up by the Pats Oline. Pressure is on us to get our running backs to the edge since there is no way on earth we are pushing the middle of the Pats D like we did the Colts D. The pressure is on Holmes, Edwards, Cotch and Keller to hang onto third down passes that hit them in the hands. Pressure is on Folk to hit a big field goal from over 45 yards. Pressure is on our punter to not shank kicks and actually pin them back inside the 20 when kicking from the middle of the field.

We have a chance if we play great desciplined football for 60 minutes without dumb penalties with great game management and a couple of smart plays. Since this team hasn't proved that they can do any of that once this year, the pressure is on the Jets.

Archived