Braylon Edwards

BigOrangeJetFan

I live in Tennessee (8" of snow today) and haven't been to a game this year.

Watching Edwards this year, he always seems to be open. He isn't dropping passes. Gets open over the middle, going deep, etc.

I was thinking that if Brady/Brees/Rogers were his QB he would have minimum 1200 yards.

Sanchez' inaccuracy holds down his totals.

Agree?

We took a couple of shots down field, Sanchize just didnt have the touch on his passes. Dont know if it was from his shoulder hurting or missing reps and being a lil bit rusty. Either way, when do we take shots? 1st and 10? 2nd and short? 3rd and short when they crowd the line. I think Rex or Schottie wants to manage the game rather than go for broke on offense. Ironic that our defense is quite the opposite imo. I think Rex wants to drive on oppositions defenses. He knows thats how you take a team out of a game, break their will.

No? Name 10 WRs who are better.

Andre Johnston

Calvin Johnston

Brandon Marshall

Wes Welker

Vincent Jackson

Dez Bryant

Roddy White

Desean Jackson

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Bowe

BE is fun to watch and with a better QB he would make this list. At the same time I heard the announcer saying he is good at run blocking and on a team like this that is a larger responsibility than on most. I love having him on the team and is currently one of my favorite JETS. (DUI included)

(Note: Holmes is overrated)

Watching Edwards this year, he always seems to be open. He isn't dropping passes. Gets open over the middle, going deep, etc.

I was thinking that if Brady/Brees/Rogers were his QB he would have minimum 1200 yards.

Agree?

Pretty obvious statement. A QB like Brees or Manning would make the Jets offense something truly special.

We took a couple of shots down field, Sanchize just didnt have the touch on his passes. Dont know if it was from his shoulder hurting or missing reps and being a lil bit rusty.

I don't think it was his shoulder. He arm was certainly strong enough. Too strong. I think it was a mistake not having him throw any passes in the Buffalo game. He appears to be the kind of guy that really needs his reps and weekly action. Look at games this year when he did not play the week before.

Baltimore - coming off of pre-season

Green Bay - coming off a bye week

2nd NE game - coming off an extended week due to playing on Thanksgiving

He was horrible in all of them.

This week? He outplays Brady. Book it.

Andre Johnston

Calvin Johnston

Brandon Marshall

Wes Welker

Vincent Jackson

Dez Bryant

Roddy White

Desean Jackson

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Bowe

BE is fun to watch and with a better QB he would make this list. At the same time I heard the announcer saying he is good at run blocking and on a team like this that is a larger responsibility than on most. I love having him on the team and is currently one of my favorite JETS. (DUI included)

(Note: Holmes is overrated)

Wes Welker? Seriously? :D But really, that guy is a product of Tom Brady. Braylon is a beast and he should be seeing about 10 targets a game with the catches he's been making. Obviously it would help if Sanchez was a little more accurate.

Andre Johnson yes.

Calvin Jonhson yes.

Brandon Marshall hasnt been as good as in the past.

Roddy White having a breakout year

Desean Jackson a beast.

Reggie Wayne getting old.

I deleted those I thought arent better than Braylon Edwards.

You deleted way too many. Where do you get off deleting Dwayne Bowe? Vincent Jackson, seriously? Reggie Wayne is getting old and his numbers still rival Edwards one good season. Roddy White broke out 4 years ago. Miles Austin, Kenny Britt, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Greg Jennings, Brandon Lloyd is the future, Steve Smith (either), Moss (Santana and/or Randy), Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward. Terrell Owens and 85 are certainly in the conversation. I suppose you discount Welker because of the system, but you shouldn't. That's off the top of my head. We could probably find more if we research.

You deleted way too many. Where do you get off deleting Dwayne Bowe? Vincent Jackson, seriously? Reggie Wayne is getting old and his numbers still rival Edwards one good season. Roddy White broke out 4 years ago. Miles Austin, Kenny Britt, Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, Mike Wallace, Mike Williams, Greg Jennings, Brandon Lloyd is the future, Steve Smith (either), Moss (Santana and/or Randy), Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward. Terrell Owens and 85 are certainly in the conversation. I suppose you discount Welker because of the system, but you shouldn't. That's off the top of my head. We could probably find more if we research.

I deleted off the list posted. I didnt add any of my own. I still consider BE top 10 in the NFL.

I deleted off the list posted. I didnt add any of my own. I still consider BE top 10 in the NFL.

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

Come on man, at least make your argument valid.

It's easy.....

1) 31 other teams have #1 wide receivers.

2) At least 10 are bound to be better than BE.

3) Post their names.

4) ????

5) Profit

I'll be honest. I would say both Edwards and Holmes are somewhere around 12-20 as top WR's in the league. I truely believe that. I seriously think they are the top WR tandem together. Now whether it's Sanchez or the OC I don't know. I personally think it's that we have a young QB still learning, which is too bad because if this shoulder issue is minor and he had 2-3 more years under his belt with these two, this offense would/could be unstoppable. Might have to add a new OC to that equation too.

I'll be honest. I would say both Edwards and Holmes are somewhere around 12-20 as top WR's in the league. I truely believe that. I seriously think they are the top WR tandem together. Now whether it's Sanchez or the OC I don't know. I personally think it's that we have a young QB still learning, which is too bad because if this shoulder issue is minor and he had 2-3 more years under his belt with these two, this offense would/could be unstoppable. Might have to add a new OC to that equation too.

I think Edwards has top ten talent, but he's never produced to that level. He's never had an elite QB working with him so really, it's tough to say what he could really be.

I think Edwards has top ten talent, but he's never produced to that level. He's never had an elite QB working with him so really, it's tough to say what he could really be.

The one thing you do have to give Edwards credit for though, the only two seasons of his career in which he's had even average QB play he's performed very well. I'm hoping he sticks around, because I think he'll only get better as Sanchez improves.

No? Name 10 WRs who are better.

While I don't think your statement is as ludicrous as this COULD be treated...

Johnson

Johnson

Fitzgerald

White

Smith (Panthers)

Jackson (SD)

Jennings

Welker

Wayne

Colston

Then there's young guys like Jackson, Maclin, Williams, and Wallace. Boldin I left off due to his injury history, but he could easily be ont hat list...Miles Austin had an off year...Dez Bryant is still young but he should be real good real fast...Crabtree is a beast...Didn't even include dominant pass catchers Gates and Davis from the TE position...

I don't think Braylon is far off from cracking this list, but he's not a top 10 WR. He may be one of the 10 most talented...that I can see, even as the worst poster on this site who knows nothing compared to others.

I'm beginning to actually crossover from wanting to keep Holmes to wanting to keep Edwards if they have to choose. 6'3 218 lb freaks are just too hard to find and you brought up a good point as he could be scary in the right system/qb. It's close but Holmes speed/slot/motion/gadget types are at least a little easier to find. Man, I hope they can keep both though but yeah I'm starting to think BE is more of the priority. Of course until he drops a td and Holmes goes 7/135/2 against the Pats...

Agree?

I Agree 100%. I thought I would end up wanting to keep Holmes instead of Edwards, but not anymore.

#17 is capable of doing much damage, if we get him the ball..

I'm beginning to actual crossover from wanting to keep Holmes to wanting to keep Edwards if they have to choose. 6'3 218 lb freaks are just too hard to find and you brought up a good point as he could be scary in the right system/qb. It's close but Holmes speed/slot/motion/gadget types are at least a little easier to find. Man, I hope they can keep both though but yeah I'm starting to think BE is more of the priority. Of course until he drops a td and Holmes goes 7/135/2 against the Pats...

The badass part is that in the first game of the season I remember one of the announcers saying Edwards got up to 225-230 for the season. Guy runs easy for someone with that size.

I can't be a fan of Holmes...I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't see the big deal with him...It's probably my thing against OSU players....or maybe it's the drops I saw this season, the pictures of his schlong on the internet, the fact that he's a bad move away from being gone for a year, and the fact that a smart organization like the Steelers tossed him out AND replaced him in one fell swoop. Also, that reverse where he ran into Edwards with about a 5 foot radius on any side to run was easily the single dumbest thing I've ever seen a Jet do in a long, long time. I mean we won the game so no one remembers, but that play actually got me mad...f*ckin potheads, ay?

Why isn't anyone listing Santonio Holmes as one of the receivers in the league better than Edwards?

Because he's been secretly stealing Bralyon's idiot pills. That first punt return was unspeakably stupid. He's also got a bunch of really bad drops this year.

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Larry Fitzgerald

Anquan Boldin

Roddy White

Desean Jackson

Reggie Wayne

Mike Williams

Braylon Edwards

In no particuliar order.

Thanks visa! I can't believe I forgot Larry Fitz:(

Some of the hate may come from my drafting BE in fantasy. A wideout that has no value in FF at all. But fantasy numbers are not what makes a player and I would say he is top 20. There I said it.

I don't think it was his shoulder. He arm was certainly strong enough. Too strong. I think it was a mistake not having him throw any passes in the Buffalo game. He appears to be the kind of guy that really needs his reps and weekly action. Look at games this year when he did not play the week before.

Baltimore - coming off of pre-season

Green Bay - coming off a bye week

2nd NE game - coming off an extended week due to playing on Thanksgiving

He was horrible in all of them.

This week? He outplays Brady. Book it.

I still cannot conceive of our offense not scoring TDs in 4 games this year, particularly against the Pats and the Dolfags. To me the Pats defense is a sieve. They hav eno pass rush and Sanchez should be able to sit back and cherry pick. Of course, he is not always good when he has a lot of time. Anyone think that he might have had a shot for pain and that affected his accuracy?

Here is a list of WR's that are better than BE.

Andre Johnson

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Reggie Wayne

DeSean Jackson

Sidney Rice

Greg Jennings

Dwayne Bowe

Hakeem Nicks

Mike Wallace

Anquan Boldin

Marques Colston

Kenny Britt

Brandon Marshall

Santonio Holmes

Vincent Jaxckson

You can pu BE at the top of the 2nd tier list, or for arguments sake at the very bottom of the list I provided IMO.

Andre Johnson YES

Calvin Johnson YES

Larry Fitzgerald YES

Roddy White EVEN

Reggie Wayne USED TO BE

DeSean Jackson YES BEAST

Sidney Rice NO WAY

Greg Jennings NO WAY

Dwayne Bowe NO WAY

Hakeem Nicks EVEN

Mike Wallace NO WAY

Anquan Boldin EVEN