Hakeem Nicks EVEN

Mike Wallace NO WAY

Anquan Boldin EVEN

Marques Colston EVEN

Kenny Britt NO WAY

Brandon Marshall YES

Santonio Holmes EVEN

Vincent Jaxckson NO WAY

Stopped reading after you put him even with Roddy White...lol he wishes...and I say this as one of the biggest Braylon fans on this board.

Roddy White has the luxury of playing indoors and a QB with a stronger arm.

Matt Ryan is not known for his arm strength.

White in 3 of his past 4 seasons has thrown up at least 1,200 yards...the one year below was 1,153...34 TDs in those 4 years.

I'd also much rather have Nicks than either of our big two...Nicks is White 2.0 with a little bit of Boldin mixed in.

In comparision for the amount of throws that go Braylon Edwards way and the lack of downfield play calling. Id say BE is a better WR then RW. You statistical guys go find out who has more throws his way this year BE or RW.

The point is that White has been doing, for the past 4 years, what Edwards has done once...4 years ago.

For whatever reason, Sanchez has developed a rapport with Holmes that he hasn't with Edwards. You would think it would be Edwards that he developed the rapport with because of Holmes' four game suspension, but it worked the other way.

As Braylon and Sanchez hook up on more big plays, I think Edwards' position will rise from where he is now-a clear Number 2-up to a position very close to Holmes.

For whatever reason, Sanchez has developed a rapport with Holmes that he hasn't with Edwards. You would think it would be Edwards that he developed the rapport with because of Holmes' four game suspension, but it worked the other way.

As Braylon and Sanchez hook up on more big plays, I think Edwards' position will rise from where he is now-a clear Number 2-up to a position very close to Holmes.

I really didn't see any special rapport between Sanchez and Holmes...I just think he and Edwards had very different roles in the regular season offense...as the offense has grown into a more adult offense for Sanchez Edwards has been the one who's game has stepped up.

I’m not so sure of that.

On Saturday when Schotty let Sanchez call any play he wanted, with the game on the line, he threw long to Edwards on the side line. Think that speaks volumes

I’m not so sure of that.

On Saturday when Schotty let Sanchez call any play he wanted, with the game on the line, he threw long to Edwards on the side line. Think that speaks volumes

I did find that interesting and was wondering if that might give a clue into who the Jets will consider the priority to retain. It was reportedly Braylon who first convinced Schotty to throw instead of run, and after Sanchez veto'ed Schotty's first pass call, it was Braylon who he based his play call around. For all the talk about some of Holmes late-game heroics, it was Braylon who had the attention of both the OC and QB when it counted most. Certainly very interesting.

In comparision for the amount of throws that go Braylon Edwards way and the lack of downfield play calling. Id say BE is a better WR then RW. You statistical guys go find out who has more throws his way this year BE or RW.

does RW = Roddy WHite?

are you out of you tree?

What the crap? Mike Williams? Do you mean Mike Wallace?

Mike Williams on the Bucs had a year better than Edwards (and all Edwards seasons except '07) despite being a rookie 4th round pick with Freeman as his QB.

While I don't think your statement is as ludicrous as this COULD be treated...

Johnson

Johnson

Fitzgerald

White

Smith (Panthers)

Jackson (SD)

Jennings

Welker

Wayne

Colston

Then there's young guys like Jackson, Maclin, Williams, and Wallace. Boldin I left off due to his injury history, but he could easily be ont hat list...Miles Austin had an off year...Dez Bryant is still young but he should be real good real fast...Crabtree is a beast...Didn't even include dominant pass catchers Gates and Davis from the TE position...

I don't think Braylon is far off from cracking this list, but he's not a top 10 WR. He may be one of the 10 most talented...that I can see, even as the worst poster on this site who knows nothing compared to others.

Miles Austin had an off year and he still got over 1000 and 7 that would be Edwards 2nd best season. The guy had one great year, he is good, but top 10? When you average 80 yards one season and 50 for your other 5, maybe you are just a 55 ypg WR.

Why isn't anyone listing Santonio Holmes as one of the receivers in the league better than Edwards?

I didn't because I was lazy.

Roddy White put up 1,200 and 6 TDs in a season where Joey Harrington started 10 games, Leftwich 2 and Chris Redmon 4. He is better by any measure.

does RW = Roddy WHite?

are you out of you tree?

Evidently

He did it with 3 different QBs - all of them lousy - in the same season: Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmon. Then he trumped that season with a rookie QB. And now he's years more experienced..

Not to mention Ryan doesn't have a ridiculous cannon by any stretch so I'm not sure you've seen a whole football game with him yet. I'm not even sure it's stronger than Sanchez's, but if it is it's insignificant. It was one of the knocks on him coming out, whether he was worth a pick that high since he did NOT have elite arm strength. It was discussed a lot here since we nearly traded up to grab him. Coming out of school his arm strength was compared to Chad Pennington's, and I'm not making this up.

And he's caught more passes on the road than he has in that dome in each of the past 4 seasons without exception.

I like Edwards plenty, and like him better than Holmes for more than one reason. But you're clearly categorizing him above WR's you don't watch, catching passes from QB's you don't watch. Edwards may be bigger, he may be faster, he may be able to jump higher, and a better blocker. None of those things mean he's a better WR.

He did it with 3 different QBs - all of them lousy - in the same season: Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmon. Then he trumped that season with a rookie QB. And now he's years more experienced..

Not to mention Ryan doesn't have a ridiculous cannon by any stretch so I'm not sure you've seen a whole football game with him yet. I'm not even sure it's stronger than Sanchez's, but if it is it's insignificant. It was one of the knocks on him coming out, whether he was worth a pick that high since he did NOT have elite arm strength. It was discussed a lot here since we nearly traded up to grab him. Coming out of school his arm strength was compared to Chad Pennington's, and I'm not making this up.

And he's caught more passes on the road than he has in that dome in each of the past 4 seasons without exception.

I like Edwards plenty, and like him better than Holmes for more than one reason. But you're clearly categorizing him above WR's you don't watch, catching passes from QB's you don't watch. Edwards may be bigger, he may be faster, he may be able to jump higher, and a better blocker. None of those things mean he's a better WR.

He was basically the only WR on the team. Not hard to do with a supporting cast like he had in Atlanta. COME ON MAN

He was basically the only WR on the team. Not hard to do with a supporting cast like he had in Atlanta. COME ON MAN

I don't think you've seen him play. Teh fact that he's better and more fluid then Edwards should jump off the freaken screen within 5 plays.. Edwards can't carry his jock, imo roddy white is one of the best in all of foosball

Braylon Edwards

Ryan singled out Edwards when he addressed the team after the game, and he deserved it. The receiver’s 18-yard catch late in the fourth quarter, setting up the winning field goal, was the clutch play the Jets needed. It was a nice throw by Sanchez, but a good catch by Edwards and also a good effort to get his knee down in bounds so the clock kept ticking. There was a bit of a dispute over who called that play — Edwards or Sanchez — but it sounds like Edwards at least did a good job of letting the quarterback and coaches know he could take advantage of CB Jacob Lacey’s man coverage up the sideline, and in fact had done so on the same route two plays prior. The receiver, who led the team with 4 catches for 62 yards, also was a willing and able blocker — including a nice block on Lacey to help spring Tomlinson’s 23-yard run in the first quarter. On Sunday he wrote on Twitter: “I love the jets and will do anything to stay here. I need the jet nation to speak on my behalf.” His contract is up after this season, but performances like Saturday’s

Braylon Edwards

Ryan singled out Edwards when he addressed the team after the game, and he deserved it. The receiver’s 18-yard catch late in the fourth quarter, setting up the winning field goal, was the clutch play the Jets needed. It was a nice throw by Sanchez, but a good catch by Edwards and also a good effort to get his knee down in bounds so the clock kept ticking. There was a bit of a dispute over who called that play — Edwards or Sanchez — but it sounds like Edwards at least did a good job of letting the quarterback and coaches know he could take advantage of CB Jacob Lacey’s man coverage up the sideline, and in fact had done so on the same route two plays prior. The receiver, who led the team with 4 catches for 62 yards, also was a willing and able blocker — including a nice block on Lacey to help spring Tomlinson’s 23-yard run in the first quarter. On Sunday he wrote on Twitter: “I love the jets and will do anything to stay here. I need the jet nation to speak on my behalf.” His contract is up after this season, but performances like Saturday’s

Hey I like the guy and want the Jets to re-sign him. That doesn't make him better than players who are better than he is.

So do I, but I think it's a little odd to cite the coach singling the guy out as proof of greatness when the coach got his name wrong.

That wasn't me who used that as justification. Even still, from the stuff that's been leaked out, the Jets don't even think he's the best WR on their own team. To say nothing about being top 10 in the NFL. That is, unless they also believe that Santonio Holmes is no worse than the 9th-best WR in the entire NFL. And if they think those things, then their opinions aren't worth citing.

That wasn't me who used that as justification. Even still, from the stuff that's been leaked out, the Jets don't even think he's the best WR on their own team. To say nothing about being top 10 in the NFL. That is, unless they also believe that Santonio Holmes is no worse than the 9th-best WR in the entire NFL. And if they think those things, then their opinions aren't worth citing.

So defensive! I can't even quote your posts anymore. Where is the love and why are you up at 4 a.m.?

Archived