The Francesa-Jets feud

stoicsentry

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. I'm so glad this got brought up again. Now not only do I have to avoid that fat **** Mike Francesa, but I will have to learn to avoid all threads about him as well.

Don't you know who the legendary loser Matt from westchester is though? hes so cool..he got through to Mike Francessa. I bet you couldnt do that.

ESPN's signal is comprised of a hanger and aluminum foil.

And that's why Francesa simply guffaws at Kay, who might be the worst radio host in the history of da dial.

I mean, I can't even charge my cellphone and listen to 1050 at the same time in my car. There is this AWFUL hissing noise that is simply unbearable.

Crystal clear on WFAN.

True but it has definitely in "some" instances slanted the way he talks about the team.

Mike is a Manning fan. One of the biggest and this all began when he belittled the Jet win last December after the Colts pulled their starters. Both he and the Jets were small at how they handled that. This DOES EXPLAIN why he gave the Jets zero credit for the Cincy and SD play-off wins. For a multi millionaire you would think he woud be bigger than this.

Honestly, I think if he had his choice he'd rather talk about Islanders hockey than he would about the Jets, but it must really earn him a huge ratings spike when he rips up the Jets. Francesa's a businessman--all he looks at is his ratings. What he has to do to get them is entirely immaterial, imo.

Nice job fellating Francesca Tom. :blink:

I appreciate Francesa for what he's been able to do for as long as he's done it. He's a pretty entertaining carnival barker. If you're looking to him for objectivity or information or fact-based analysis, you won't get it. I'm pretty convinced he hasn't watched an entire game (other than the Yankees) since 1996. He sits there with the Post, reads snippets of articles, and incites. Not a bad gig, really. He's a huge douche in so many ways, but he knows how to keep an audience. Believe me--I think Francesa is ridiculous negative about the Jets (and that's ME saying that), but it makes for an entertaining show nonetheless as he gets enraged callers having aneurysms on the phone.

Content is king, and access to players and coaches for a radio station is content. It would not hurt.

I don't think it would hurt to have the players and coaches on, but I don't think it's a death knell to not have them on. I remember when him and Dog had a weekly spot with Tom Coughlin and it was the most uncomfortable five minute interview segment you ever heard. They'd pound Coughlin after a loss and you could hear Coughlin's brain frying through the phone. On 1050, Kay and LaGreca soft-shoe all over the place and kiss a$$ and for that they have earned access to the Jets. But for what? To hear Sanchez giggle? I'd rather listen to a show that soesn't have access and therefore is allowed to slam the Jets than I would listen to a show with access that has to bite their tongue when it comes to criticizing the team.

If the Jets' goal is to not have negative press, they really aren't doing a very good job of it.

Listen to 1050. They'll give you all the positive press you can handle.

a. I have never ever laughed at any of your posts. nor do I remember any being funny.

B. THIS IS THE INTERNET. DO YOU STRICTLY HAVE SEX IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION?

C. what does me being a mod have to do with anything?

Or are you another loser crying over spilled milk because big bad fat francessa doesnt like the Jets? BOO HOO :1cry:

thank you for illustrating my points for me, I couldn't have done better in 50 years ;)

no need to keep clarifying it for everyone, your last post did the trick.

Looks like you cant stop watching and listening to Francessa either? which is exactly my point.

And you didnt clarify anything. you told me you were gonna ignore me. right? your words, not mine ;)

I ran into the fat f#ck in the bleachers at a Jet training camp practice a couple of years ago. I was going to ask him what his problem was with the Jets, but he had two little kids with him (I assume his). No sense embarrassing a man in front of his kids, no matter what a pompous dick he is.

I ran into the fat f#ck in the bleachers at a Jet training camp practice a couple of years ago. I was going to ask him what his problem was with the Jets, but he had two little kids with him (I assume his). No sense embarrassing a man in front of his kids, no matter what a pompous dick he is.

Dude, I was always a huge fan of your TC reports out of hofstra.

Sorry, will do so in first post now.

Thanks.

To recap-the Jets offered to have Ryan appear on this jerk's show. He refused.

And Fatcesa called the GM of an NFL playoff team a buffoon.

But he's not biased. You bet!

He's a dick.

Looks like you cant stop watching and listening to Francessa either? which is exactly my point.

And you didnt clarify anything. you told me you were gonna ignore me. right? your words, not mine ;)

I listen to 1050

you have been proving my points that you are not funny, and don't act like a mod, which is what I meant (and everybody understood but you ) in my last post.

I'd glady put you on my ignore list but regular members can't put mods on ignore

if you can change that, let me know, I'd gladly add you to my list

I listen to 1050

you have been proving my points that you are not funny, and don't act like a mod, which is what I meant (and everybody understood but you ) in my last post.

I'd glady put you on my ignore list but regular members can't put mods on ignore

if you can change that, let me know, I'd gladly add you to my list

Then why are you in this thread? you dont listen to Francessa, right? you replied to my post to Matt, right? but yet you are dying to ignore me? you have a strange way of showing it. the only thing you've proven is that you're butt hurt. poor soul.

And ppppfffttt.. go cry to Max if you dont like me being a mod. :1cry: I have no idea what that has to do with anything anyways (other than more of your incessant whining) . I never threatened you, edited your post or censored you.

Then why are you in this thread? you dont listen to Francessa, right? you replied to my post to Matt, right? but yet you are dying to ignore me? you have a strange way of showing it. poor soul.

And ppppfffttt.. go cry to Max if you dont like me being a mod. I have no idea what that has to do with anything. I never threatened you, edited your post or censored you.

I do ignore you most of the time, but a totally unprovoked personal attack just was too much to ignore

the simplest solution is for you to just act like a mod

I would think someone with that stature would encourage good posts and support the growth of the board, not drive posters (and traffic) away and be the type of poster that a mod would need to, well, moderate

I do ignore you most of the time, but a totally unprovoked personal attack just was too much to ignore

I would think someone with that stature would encourage good posts and support the growth of the board, not drive posters (and traffic) away and be the type of poster that a mod would need to, well, moderate

Listen dude. Matt brought up my mother, my father, my wife and my children in that other thread. get a ******* clue. I didnt ban him for those personal attacks, did I? what personal attack are you talking about? is he your son? :lol:

Who are you speaking for? seriously? are you Matts father?

What's Ironic is that Fatsessa is just a radio personality taking lil jabs at the Jets and look at the outrage from all of you guys. :rl: WHO CARES? he's not an opponent or somebody you should even care about when it comes to his opinion. Don't listen to him if you dont like what he says. he does this for the sole purpose to generate phone calls. (dumbass Matt for example) so he is only doing his job.

You are a pathetic human. I feel sorry for your mother and your children(god forbid you have any)

:cheergal:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95389-what-will-be-mike-francescas-take-on-things/page__st__80

Look at what that was in response to, crybaby..lol at unprovoked. get a clue.

Yeah, crickets from captain save a hoe Larz now.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/95389-what-will-be-mike-francescas-take-on-things/page__st__80

Look at what that was in response to, crybaby..lol at unprovoked. get a clue.

Yeah, crickets from captain save a hoe Larz now.

Dude, are you really crying about this? You are a ******* cornball. You went at me unsolicited several times...and yeah I said if you have kids, I really feel sorry for them.

You are a 50 year old hall monitor on the internet and act like a complete dickhead. Its pathetic and embarrassing.

And yeah, I called Mike Francesa last Monday on my day off.

Dude, are you really crying about this? You are a ******* cornball. You went at me unsolicited several times...and yeah I said if you have kids, I really feel sorry for them

You are a 50 year old hall monitor on the internet and act like a complete dickhead. Its pathetic and embarrassing.

And yeah, I called Mike Francesa last Monday on my day off.

Loser. seriously, is Larz your daddy?

Your on an island by yourself with that one.

If you want to dish is out at least take it like the old man you are.

You are a young man who spends his day off calling the fan? and I am a 70 year old internet tough guy? thats your response to that? really? now you're mr mature?

I don't think it would hurt to have the players and coaches on, but I don't think it's a death knell to not have them on. I remember when him and Dog had a weekly spot with Tom Coughlin and it was the most uncomfortable five minute interview segment you ever heard. They'd pound Coughlin after a loss and you could hear Coughlin's brain frying through the phone. On 1050, Kay and LaGreca soft-shoe all over the place and kiss a$$ and for that they have earned access to the Jets. But for what? To hear Sanchez giggle? I'd rather listen to a show that soesn't have access and therefore is allowed to slam the Jets than I would listen to a show with access that has to bite their tongue when it comes to criticizing the team.

Listen to 1050. They'll give you all the positive press you can handle.

Yeah thats pretty much the deal with Francesa. Hes a great interview guy. He tends to talk over people too much now, but he really is a great interview especially with coaches. He basically will ask everything that the fans want to ask of a coach. They used to have great ones with Bobby Valentine back in the day. The Jim Fassel stuff was pretty good too. He wasnt as good with players (he had a horrendous interview with Jason Kidd years back when Kidd sat out a game where he basically kissed up to him), but has had his moments with them too. I thought his Vinny Testaverde spot was pretty good and Antonio Pierce recently wasnt bad, but too often he just wants to get off the phone with the players.

I always thought that the Jets/Francesa rift dated back to late 2004. I remember they could never get Pennington on the radio or Herm because they were locked into 1050. They basically got Herm one time late in the year (Im sure a similar deal to how they offered him Rex this year except now he is more upset so he turned it down) and killed him. When the Jets lost to the Steelers they really destroyed Herm and later on the way they were scapegoating certain guys like Santana Moss. When camp opened the following year and the Jets had that practice brawl with the Giants that was the first complete breakdown. I dont even remember if Mike went to camp or it was just the Dog but they brought Henderson on and it was one of the worst interviews of all time. It was like he was sent there to not say a word because they were critical of the Jets behavior. They were 100% right too and Henderson pretty much got his the following season when the Jets defense got its rear end kicked every week.

ESPNs interviews are horrible. As you said its kiss up city. You will get more info in one interview on the Fan than you will with the 17 interviews Kay gets with the same players and coaches. He goes nuts leading up to the interviews about how he is going to ask the tough questions and really get after the guy about something and then its just a softball lob. Rex Ryan makes some crazy call and his idea of going after him is: Kay: "Rex I just have to ask you this question but what wen through your mind when you called that coverage?"

Rex: "What went through my mind is that we wanted to win that game. Id call it again if the same situation came up tomorrow"

Kay: "So you are telling me you wanted to win the game"

Rex: "Yes I want to win every game"

Kay: "Thats what I thought too. It makes sense when you take that perspective on it. Thats why we love to have you on every week here on 1050. We give out listeners an inside look that they cant get anywhere else"

Its pathetic. I never listen to his spots with Sanchez but was on the way home last week so I put it on. It was comical. The questions were like "so you can throw the ball", "boy its pretty cool to have Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards on your team isnt it", "Are you in awe of playing Peyton manning"

Its just awful awful radio. I never understood why they dont raid WFAN and bring someone else in for the main show.

Lol. Ratings King for 20 years vs. NY team that can't sell tickets. Advantage: Francesa.

No one listens to Kay. He can interview every Jets every day, fellate them for five minutes apiece, and his ratings will still get smoked by Francesa doing a Jets-bashing session for 5 hours.

Max publishes the Rex, Schottenheimer and Sanchez press conference transcripts in here every time they're released and nobody ever reads them because nothing of relevance is ever said. They're off the first page within hours, replaced by "Sanchez/Schotty/Rex Blows" threads. It's how fans think, and what fans react to. Player access is relatively worthless.

Also, you guys can ask Max what kind of hoops the Jets make you jump through to get that access. We tried for years here to get some sort of access--whether it be a press pass or a credential to get closer to the field at training camp. You basically have to give the Jets a blood oath that you'll never print anything negative about them. So, when you see sites with access cough, know that they've sold their soul to become Woody's cheerleader.

Actually the new regime is different. I never asked for a press pass because I am 102% certain it would have been denied. But they are accommodating with the transcripts, news releases etc. From a PR standpoint they are different these days.

(Not saying they didn't give WFAN a hard time, I am sure they did). Just saying the guys running the media relations now at the Jets seem very fair. They answer emails and don't treat you the way we were treated back in 2005, that guy is no longer there by the way, left years ago.

Don't you know who the legendary loser Matt from westchester is though? hes so cool..he got through to Mike Francessa. I bet you couldnt do that.

Enough of this already, let it go.

The playoffs -- the Jets are in them.

I don't know which is the outlier, but Chicago sports radio is so different from what you find in New York that for all intents and purposes it's an entirely different medium. The level of discourse here is a degree of magnitude more advanced than anything Mike can muster, despite the fact that every host here is self-consciously irreverent and referential and funny. Listening to WSCR is like hanging out with your one uncle who can speak intelligently on just about any topic but insists on peppering every conversation with fart jokes and references to that chimp who ate the lady's face. Listening to Mike is like sitting through that Tom Cruise-Matt Lauer interview for 5+ hours a day.

Archived