Rex on if the Patriots will target Cromartie…

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what will happen.

Brady will make Cromartie pay on the field of play. He might point at him too!

If Brady targets Cromartie, then maybe Dierking was right and this bullsh*t was calculated. Anything that keeps them from targeting Wilson/Coleman/Lowery is an improvement.

Go to NFL.com and look up last week against the Colts and the MNF game against the Pats. Or take a look at the Jets/Chargers playoff game last season when Cro was a big pussy.

He's always a pussy. I don't remember the Jets throwing too many on him.

I don't think there is any doubt Brady will target Cromartie. Cromartie is one of the fastest CB's in the NFL, but his ability to react and change direction is a liability, especially against quick shifty WR's like Welker and Branch. He simply doesn't have quick feet. He has a lot of trouble with double moves, and lacks change of direction burst.

I think one of Ryan's challenges in this game is to avoid having Cro matched up in man coverage against Welker, Branch and even Edelman. I'd like to see Rex find a way to get Cromartie on the NE TE's instead. Cromartie doesn't often play tight, and is usually in soft man, instead of jamming. That is because if he whiffs on the jam, that WR will get a lot of seperation. I'd like to see Cromartie get a lot of safety help, and have him ball hawk, trying to jump routes, going after the ball. They will go after Cromartie, and this is the best way I can see to make the Pats pay for it. Have Cromartie goes balls out for the ball.

The way Belichick moves his recievers around, it's even hard to have Revis cover any of them in man. Maybe some sort of modified zone could work? If Revis is in man. and NE has done this before, they have Welker go in motion into the FB position, and when Revis follows, they throw into the area Revis vacated. With success. It's all on the tapes.

As simple as it sounds, the Jets tackled like dogs against the Pats WR's last time. If that doesnt improve, we're looking at a rout again.

I'd probably let Revis take Branch out of the game on the outside....let Welker get his dinks and dunks and pray we can wrap up as soon as he catches it.

A Welker 10 catch 90 yards day and 0 Td's is a win for the Jets defense. Branch ended the game early last time.

they are going to test crobabymomartie deep with tate

Tate sucks, so that's fine. If Cro is on Branch, I expect them to go at him hard on the come back routes, which he really struggles with. Cro has terrible hips and poor change of direction speed.

Tate sucks, so that's fine. If Cro is on Branch, I expect them to go at him hard on the come back routes, which he really struggles with. Cro has terrible hips and poor change of direction speed.

disappointing, to say the least.

at least as jets fans we always have the FA du jour to dream of and right now for me that's nnamdi.

disappointing, to say the least.

at least as jets fans we always have the FA du jour to dream of and right now for me that's nnamdi.

Cro has his weaknesses, but overall, with the way the NFL is...he's not a bad corner. Better than the garbage we trotted out last season.

Cro has his weaknesses, but overall, with the way the NFL is...he's not a bad corner. Better than the garbage we trotted out last season.

yes that's true. the problem for defenses in the NFL today is that a good qb can make any competent wr into a threat. at most each team can afford 1 shutdown so really your pass D is only as good as your worst db.

Tates had trouble holding on to the ball, but he has the speed to a deep threat.

Cro is an inconsistent cornerback. He will come up big one game or one play and the utterly sucks on the next. He averages out to pretty good but his swings from elite to utter trash are dumbfounding.

Cro is an inconsistent cornerback. He will come up big one game or one play and the utterly sucks on the next. He averages out to pretty good but his swings from elite to utter trash are dumbfounding.

The only game he utterly sucked was the second Patriots game.

Archived