Terrell Suggs: "Of Course" the Jets Can Beat the Pats. Why? "Rex Ryan."

Matt39

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/ravens_suggs_of_course_jets_can_qjiwvBgL1TzerKVGG80nGL#ixzz1Aw8yJPpi

Ravens LB Terrell Suggs said because of Rex Ryan, the Jets can defeat the Patriots on Sunday in their AFC Divisional playoff game.

Suggs, who played under Ryan when the Jets head coach was defensive coordinator in Baltimore, was asked if the underdog Jets had a chance against the Patriots

"Of course," Suggs replied.

Asked why, Suggs answered, "Rex Ryan,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“Even though I would love for us to win and I would love for us to have the opportunity to go to Foxborough and beat the NFL's poster boy (Tom Brady), I would definitely enjoy a showdown with my mentor Rex Ryan in the AFC Championship."

Suggs’ Ravens play the Steelers in the other AFC Divisional game and he said he expects the winner of his game to make it to the Super Bowl.

“You can argue Atlanta and New England, but ... anyone could argue the winner of this game will most likely go on to win the Super Bowl. You can put that out there because that's what these two teams got."

I think the road teams are winning every game this weekend. That's just how I feel this week. Who knows if it'll happen, but my expectation is Baltimore next weekend.

It's actually better for the Jets to face the Steelers since they're a weaker team, but that's why the Ravens win. Hopefully the winner of that game is so beat up it doesn't even matter though. I see the Packers taking the NFC and being the Jets greatest challenge this year in the rematch.

I think the road teams are winning every game this weekend. That's just how I feel this week. Who knows if it'll happen, but my expectation is Baltimore next weekend.

It's actually better for the Jets to face the Steelers since they're a weaker team, but that's why the Ravens win. Hopefully the winner of that game is so beat up it doesn't even matter though. I see the Packers taking the NFC and being the Jets greatest challenge this year in the rematch.

Agree....see The Jets winning and Baltimore winning as well. NFC in the end the Packers....Jets vs. Packers. By the way if you think the Baltimore Pitt game will be a tough game, imagine a Baltimore Jets game....blood bath in every way.

I gotta say I'm shocked at how confident the above 2 posters are that we're going to win. I just don't see how we've made up the 42 point gap with the Pats by barely edging a team we'd built all offseason to beat.

The Pats are going to kill us in the short passing game just like last time.

I gotta say I'm shocked at how confident the above 2 posters are that we're going to win. I just don't see how we've made up the 42 point gap with the Pats by barely edging a team we'd built all offseason to beat.

The Pats are going to kill us in the short passing game just like last time.

Oh well, might as well not even bother watching. Hell why is this site even running since you know so much, lets just shut this thing down and restart it at the draft...

Seriously after 10,000+ posts you'd think you'd eventually grow some balls...

Oh well, might as well not even bother watching. Hell why is this site even running since you know so much, lets just shut this thing down and restart it at the draft...

Seriously after 10,000+ posts you'd think you'd eventually grow some balls...

why?

Suggs, like Cro & Rex is infatuated with Brady.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4691757/suggs-pokes-at-brady-again

Terrell Suggs: “Well, if you ask me he’s definitely up there with them. Because he has the hardware to prove it and that’s all that matters in this league, is Super Bowls. And he’s won two of them. If I’m correct Manning’s only won one, both Mannings that is, and Phillip Rivers doesn’t have any, and Tom Brady has three, I think, a questionable three. This guy won the Super Bowl, I believe, in his second year in the league and I’m not sure if that’s ever been done before. If it has, it’s been very rare.”

Phillips: “Now, what do you mean ‘a questionable three’ for Tom Brady? What do you mean by that?”

Suggs: “Oh, you know, you’ve got the tuck rule incident and then you’ve got the videotaping of the other team’s practices. It’s just like, okay, what’s going on here? You know? But, hey, it is what it is. They won the games no matter how you did it. But, um, it’s whatever.”

Host/Jeff Rickard: “Terrell, how come you and Tom Brady like each other so much?”

Suggs: “I love Tommy. (laughter) I don’t know, I don’t know. I guess it all brewed from when I nicked his knee, I guess, a little bit. I was just, wow, you almost hit a guy and you get flagged? Kind of blew me away. I never knew one man could have so much power. I guess I stand corrected.”

Phillips: “But what is it about Brady that brings that reaction out in people? Antonio Cromartie has had things to say. Obviously, Rex Ryan has had things to say. You’ve had your own issues with Brady. Does he actually point to the sideline, to the opposition, when his team scores? What is it that kind of provokes that kind of a strong emotional response from the opposition?”

Suggs: “Uh, I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe because he is Tom Brady and he dates supermodels. That can have a lot to do with it, like, dang, this guy’s got the world, he’s winning Super Bowls and dating supermodels. It don’t get much better than that. And he gets, you know, rules made for him. He gets to tell the referee when to throw the flag. That’s a hen in a handbasket [sic] right there.”

Archived