Welker dropping the foot references

aec4

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/13/wes-welker-likes-his-foot-metaphors/

Just when you think the chatter between the Patriots and Jets couldn’t get sillier, Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker stepped to the podium Thursday as if dared to see how many “foot” references he could cram in to a single media session. Behold:

1. On this week of preparation: “Everybody’s putting their best foot forward.”

2. On young players in the playoffs: “You can’t just stick your toe in the water. You gotta jump right in.”

3. On playing this year as opposed to last year: “It’s definitely different. You know, you’ve got your foot up in the air trying to get the swelling to go down. Definitely excited about the opportunity to get out there and have some fun.”

4. On the opportunity this week: “These are the games you play for. What you spend all year getting ready for and you just want to put your best foot forward.”

5. On Revis: “He’s got great feet.”

6. On Revis again: “He’s very patient, has good feet.”

7. On Deion Branch: “He runs some really good routes out there . . . He’s another guy with great feet and can really move around.”

8. On practice: “You want to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward out there and making it happen.”

9. More on practice: “Us going out there and being good little foot soliders and making sure we’re going out there and doing everything coach asks us to do.”

10. On seeing new things in the playoffs: “You definitely have to be on your and make sure you’re ready to go.”

Genius. Since this is clearly the most important post I’ll ever write at PFT, let’s analyze further.

Welker is deadpan as ever with his delivery, so there’s no way he can really be called out for it. A few clues indicate that it’s not just a coincidence. Jackie McMullen of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great feature on Welker. Part of it is about what a huge prankster he is.

“Put Wes, Matt [Cassel] and Larry Izzo in a room, and they are ‘The Three Stooges,’” Tom Brady said.

Welker got his first “foot” reference in on his first question and rarely let up in his ten minutes of talking. He also appears to be stifling a smile and/or laugh after his two most ridiculous references — No. 2 and No. 9.

Maybe it’s all a coincidence, but we really doubt it. And that would be no fun. We’ll continue to update you on this vitally important breaking story here at PFT.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wes Welker? Seriously?

If you're gonna try and be funny and make references to to Rex's foot fetish you need to be more creative than that. Saying "you need to put your best foot forward" over and over again isn't all that funny. And by doing it this way, to attempt to protect yourself from accusation or retribution, makes you look like a stupid pussy.

That said, I hope Bart knocks this mouthy little ****er's head off early Sunday.

Seriously. I'll bet they all laughed like they got away with something once the reporter left.

The Pats are starting to resemble Biff from Back to the Future.

You know what it REALLY funny? A poster at Patsfans said they were going to send the Welker Presser audio clip/write-up to PFT - and wouldn't you know it.....PFT runs with it.....hahahahahaha....LOVE the media :rolleyes:

Guest Oxoboxo

the stick your toe in the water comment made me chuckle

I'm sure if I stuck my toe in your a$$ it would make you chuckle too.

But that's neither here nor there.

It's workingggg! Even though Belichick specifically told them not to resond this, although not directly, is a response. Rex is a genius, theyre gonna be so overly amped up and pissed off for this game wanting to not beat but KILL the Jets that you're gonna see critical mistakes. This was Rex's plan all along.

It's workingggg! Even though Belichick specifically told them not to resond this, although not directly, is a response. Rex is a genius, theyre gonna be so overly amped up and pissed off for this game wanting to not beat but KILL the Jets that you're gonna see critical mistakes. This was Rex's plan all along.

Not to mention that Rex has now baited them into giving him bulletin board material.

Well done Sperm. Cheat, cheat, cheat! Welker? He is just a small guy who is only good because of Moss. Take that to the bank. Welker is a JAG. :grin:

Nah I never believed that. He'll be good as long as Brady keeps throwing him the ball. And Brady will keep throwing to him as long as he keeps wearing Brady's panties on his head, backside front.

Not to mention that Rex has now baited them into giving him bulletin board material.

Exactly. They're gonna be pressing sooooo hard to beat us. You KNOW brady is gonna attack Cromartie when he shouldnt and if he throws a pick to Cro, his head might just pop off his shoulders he'll be throwing such a fit.

Well done Sperm. Cheat, cheat, cheat! Welker? He is just a small guy who is only good because of Moss. Take that to the bank. Welker is a JAG. :grin:

Truth. Dude has only 1 100 yard game an zero 10 catch games since Moss left the Pats. Not to mention only 3 games with a TD since Moss's departure.

Jag like we all predicted he would be. The only reason why he's even a viable option is because of the other part of the equation in this argument, that Pats fans conveniently leave out....Tom Brady.

Belichick told his team not to talk. Welker didn't follow instructions, I would expect him to be benched this week.

Seriously I think this is awesome. Rex talks all day long, it isn't funny unless the other side talks back a bit.

Belichick told his team not to talk. Welker didn't follow instructions, I would expect him to be benched this week.

Seriously I think this is awesome. Rex talks all day long, it isn't funny unless the other side talks back a bit.

I agree with you about the BB comment. I am somewhat surprised about that Wes has even said anything. Yeah and you're probably right, he should be benches, probably cut.

Archived