Welker dropping the foot references

aec4

It wasn't a witty insult. It was and honest expression of fact. It also wasn't trash talk. No one on the Jets has denigrated the Pats ability or guaranteed victory.

Rex is brilliant. Welker took the bait. The strategy is working.

Completely agree. Best thing we could have seen is ANY kind of response.

As I stated earlier in the thread. I have no problem with Wes Welker defying his coach's direct order and risking a benching by attempting to fire back at the Jets. I just wish he had actually said something funny because since he failed so miserably this is really just a waste of time.

yo, Zippy, he basicaly did the same thing the beginning of the year. Remember that stupid ESPN bus....Rex writes something about SB champs...next up is Welker who writes "one game at a time" next to it.

Meh, go back to posting your thoughts on Animal House. I Think Mrs. Ryan should be Mrs. Wermer :)

Edited by Garb

It wasn't a witty insult. It was and honest expression of fact. It also wasn't trash talk. No one on the Jets has denigrated the Pats ability or guaranteed victory.

Rex is brilliant. Welker took the bait. The strategy is working.

Problem is a distracted Pats team can still crush a distracted Jets team. I don't know, it's entertaining and probably won't affect the result on the field so why not?

I know you're trying to be funny with that nickname but honestly...its awful. You're about as funny as Wes Welker.

It's not meant to be funny. It was an honest expression of fact. :)

yo, Zippy, he basicaly did the same thing the beginning of the year. Remember that stupid ESPN bus....Rex writes something about SB champs...next up is Welker who writes "one game at a time" next to it.

Meh, go back to posting your thoughts on Animal House. I Think Mrs. Ryan should be Mrs. Wermer :)

Wrong. She's on the good guys side. I am pretty sure Belichick's whore secretary would love to bang Otter (Sanchez) though. ;)

Wrong. She's on the good guys side. I am pretty sure Belichick's whore secretary would love to bang Otter (Sanchez) though. ;)

Maybe....I would not know, it's not like her preferences and desire to get gang banged have been published on the internet. :D

Edited by Garb

It's the ******* playoffs against a division rival. Do you really think you are going to sneak up on somebody? Do you think the Jets weren't going to be "fresh in the Pats minds"? They are a division rival, have played twice already and the Pats have been preparing for this game for two weeks.

Personally, I think talk, motivation and bulletin board bullsh*t is way overrated on this board. I'm not even sure it exists, but to the extent it does, who is going to play better by playing harder? Defense, Linemen and RB? Maybe they will hit a little harder or go until the whistle. If they aren't already doing that they suck. This is directed at Brady. QBs can't "try harder". Maybe on a run like Vick, but if the QB tries to throw the ball harder, further, or tries to extend plays that aren't there it is recipe for disaster. Especially with a guy like Brady who has been on for most of the season.

Football isn't about effort. Effort is overrated. Not because it isn't required, but because everybody tries. The difference in football is in talent and fulfilling your role. If you are "trying harder" you are trying to do more than your role and you are ****ed.

I agree Dom, my original premise was there are times where you may catch a team or a player slipping.

As unlikely as that is in this situation, it does happen sometimes, maybe not to the cheats as we all know they are perfect.

All the talk the Jets are doing pretty much guarantees the Jets will never catch anybody off guard ever.

This up coming game is a bad example, take the Seattle game for instance.

Do you think if Petey and the Hawks were squawking this much, maybe just maybe the Saints D would have been more up for that game?

I don't know for sure, but I do know it certainly would hurt the chances that they would not be, and that's really all I was saying.

See? This is funny. Had Welker been remotely creative or intelligent it would have been hilarious. Welker can't think beyond "put your best foot forward" or "he has great feet."

This was a huge missed opportunity for the Pats.

I agree.

I think if you are going to go to the effort of mentioning feet in every response, like its a comedy routine, then you gotta do better than the same 2 lines over and over.

Its sad that the Pats fans are up here treating this like comedy gold... sigh.

It's the ******* playoffs against a division rival. Do you really think you are going to sneak up on somebody? Do you think the Jets weren't going to be "fresh in the Pats minds"? They are a division rival, have played twice already and the Pats have been preparing for this game for two weeks.

Personally, I think talk, motivation and bulletin board bullsh*t is way overrated on this board. I'm not even sure it exists, but to the extent it does, who is going to play better by playing harder? Defense, Linemen and RB? Maybe they will hit a little harder or go until the whistle. If they aren't already doing that they suck. This is directed at Brady. QBs can't "try harder". Maybe on a run like Vick, but if the QB tries to throw the ball harder, further, or tries to extend plays that aren't there it is recipe for disaster. Especially with a guy like Brady who has been on for most of the season.

Football isn't about effort. Effort is overrated. Not because it isn't required, but because everybody tries. The difference in football is in talent and fulfilling your role. If you are "trying harder" you are trying to do more than your role and you are ****ed.

This.

Especially in the red.

I agree Dom, my original premise was there are times where you may catch a team or a player slipping.

As unlikely as that is in this situation, it does happen sometimes, maybe not to the cheats as we all know they are perfect.

All the talk the Jets are doing pretty much guarantees the Jets will never catch anybody off guard ever.

This up coming game is a bad example, take the Seattle game for instance.

Do you think if Petey and the Hawks were squawking this much, maybe just maybe the Saints D would have been more up for that game?

I don't know for sure, but I do know it certainly would hurt the chances that they would not be, and that's really all I was saying.

You say you agree, but you don't.

If the Saints thought they were going to roll over the Seahawks and weren't prepared that's on Payton. If you think this sh*t makes a difference, how about this: When teams start talking sh*t they had better come out and back that sh*t up. If a team puts itself out there, they had better produce. The Jets didn't do that on the Monday night game against the Pats, but nobody is claiming that the Pats snuck up on them. IF the Jets beat the Pats now everybody will be talking about how the Jets beat the Pats and not how the Pats weren't ready. Maybe that's all they are trying to accomplish.

I think all that sh*t is overrated. This sh*t is for the press. Maybe to sell t-shirts and jerseys. I hear about teams "coming out flat" all the time. 99% of the time what made them flat was getting out-run and out-hit. Whether you talk or keep your mouth shut, you've still got to man up on the field.

IF the Jets beat the Pats now everybody will be talking about how the Jets beat the Pats and not how the Pats weren't ready. Maybe that's all they are trying to accomplish.

I never understand the 'x didn't win the game, y lost it' stuff. Talk about missing the point. The best part of winning is the other guy losing.

You say you agree, but you don't.

If the Saints thought they were going to roll over the Seahawks and weren't prepared that's on Payton. If you think this sh*t makes a difference, how about this: When teams start talking sh*t they had better come out and back that sh*t up. If a team puts itself out there, they had better produce. The Jets didn't do that on the Monday night game against the Pats, but nobody is claiming that the Pats snuck up on them. IF the Jets beat the Pats now everybody will be talking about how the Jets beat the Pats and not how the Pats weren't ready. Maybe that's all they are trying to accomplish.

I think all that sh*t is overrated. This sh*t is for the press. Maybe to sell t-shirts and jerseys. I hear about teams "coming out flat" all the time. 99% of the time what made them flat was getting out-run and out-hit. Whether you talk or keep your mouth shut, you've still got to man up on the field.

I agree that the teams/players should be prepared/up for the game regardless.

I never said I was sure if it makes a difference or not, but IMO the talk guarantees nobody will be caught off guard ever.

If you are going under the premise that teams/players are never caught sleeping, then none of this matters.

I think there are times where it does happen though, the chances are slim as it is, the talk only makes them slimmer IMO.

The fact that they did not back up the talk the last time, only gives me more reason to see the potential of the talk doing more bad than good.

Yes if the Jets beat the cheats that's all that will be discussed, and that's probably the case either way, but the talk pretty much seals that deal.

That's fine, I'm not saying it's not overrated or fueled by the media/sales either.

If that's the case 99% of the time, and the talk extinguishes that other 1%, I don't see that as a good thing.

I'd rather have a 1% chance of something like that going our way, than a 0% chance, I just think the Jets could use any advantage they can get.

Not that I think this is going to matter much this game, I just don't see it wise to always be announcing yourself like that.

I mean come on, how many times do you need to hear how the Jets are the best team in the league despite losing the division by 3 games, at some point it just becomes silly.

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet

As a Jets fan, you must not laugh. No! You can't be objective. No! Calling someone as azzhole is cool, badass and honest. Making foot references (because of your creepy HC who pimps his horny wife out on the internet) in a presser is bad...in poor taste, cowardly and certainly unfunny! Yeesh!

Except for the fact that Welker took a cheap shot at the personal life of Rex Ryan. When has Ryan ever said anything remotely negative about anyone on the Patriots?? He has lauded BB and Brady as the best tandem in the history of football and will go down as possibly the best ever at their position, how he was out-coached and wasn't on his game etc. It is in poor taste, because you don't take shots at a man's wife. Call him fat or loud and obnoxious, but what Welker did was hide behind a veil of plausible deniability and insult the man's personal life and wife...that's just fairly pathetic. What Rex says, he says because he 100% believes, not because he pre-meditates it to insult another player or team.

If you are going under the premise that teams/players are never caught sleeping, then none of this matters.

I think there are times where it does happen though, the chances are slim as it is, the talk only makes them slimmer IMO.

That's what I said. You and I disagree. That's fine

The fact that they did not back up the talk the last time, only gives me more reason to see the potential of the talk doing more bad than good.

I don't care what happened the last time. The Jets are trash talking ****ers. To stop talking would be out of character. You don't try to change your identity for the playoffs.

I don't care what happened the last time. The Jets are trash talking ****ers. To stop talking would be out of character. You don't try to change your identity for the playoffs.

I do agree with that, I have said in the past Rex/the Jets can't stop talking now, or his team/their teammates would think he/they lost faith in them.

Ideally this approach would have to be taken from the start, I never suggested they should not say anything, but I would prefer they toned it down on the silly stuff.

You don't think the excessive talk is geared toward fueling the media/sales as well as serving it's other purposes in Rex's/the Jet's world?

I do agree with that, I have said in the past Rex/the Jets can't stop talking now, or his team/their teammates would think he/they lost faith in them.

Ideally this approach would have to be taken from the start, I never suggested they should not say anything, but I would prefer they toned it down on the silly stuff.

You don't think the excessive talk is geared toward fueling the media/sales as well as serving it's other purposes in Rex's/the Jet's world?

I honestly just think they like to talk and they have decided to just say whatever the hell they want. Like the old Raiders, Just Win Baby. I've said it before, I prefer to do my talking on the field. Unlike most of you, I don't just mean with my play. I mean I actually like jawing during the game!

I honestly just think they like to talk and they have decided to just say whatever the hell they want. Like the old Raiders, Just Win Baby. I've said it before, I prefer to do my talking on the field. Unlike most of you, I don't just mean with my play. I mean I actually like jawing during the game!

Me too! :D

Guys, there have been bigger trash talkers than the Jets in the past...Raiders, 49ner's, Broncos, Ravens....The bottomline is regardless of all the talking from the Jets and the non-human robotic way of the Pats, in the last 4 games the teams are 2-2 against each other. And We are the only AFC Playoff team to have beaten the Pats this year...

Talking is all well and good as long as your performance backs it up. I for one see a cultural change on the Jets, good, bad or otherwise its a departure from what we Jets fans have been used too. As long as we win.

Sunday marks a historic opportunity for our Jets. They are in a position to take over the throne from the Pats. I for one believe that we are the more physical team. We have a better team (aside from Brady and Belichick).

The Pats have a young team and some of the key players on this team are NOT battle tested in the playoffs. That's the intangible effect. And that intangible effect along with all the talking we are doing can and will have an impact in the game.

The bottomline is if we dont make mistakes. Play a clean, physical game on the defensive side of the ball. Run for a buck fifty...we win the game.

Then I want to see the Jets huddle up on the fifty yard line and say...And the home of the JETS!

Yall are so clueless and jealous. Have you ever heard a Welker press conference before? Probably not because if you did then you would realize the "put your best foot forward" is like Rex's "and stuff like that" or whatever it is that he always says. As for the rest of it I thought it was HILARIUS. Maybe he should have said **** CRomartie and "I hate that FN Edwards and his bushleague showboating" yea I mean the Dougie or whatever the hell that loser does in the endzone. Then you would all respect him eh?

Yall are so clueless and jealous. Have you ever heard a Welker press conference before? Probably not because if you did then you would realize the "put your best foot forward" is like Rex's "and stuff like that" or whatever it is that he always says. As for the rest of it I thought it was HILARIUS. Maybe he should have said **** CRomartie and "I hate that FN Edwards and his bushleague showboating" yea I mean the Dougie or whatever the hell that loser does in the endzone. Then you would all respect him eh?

Thanks for stopping by and educating us.

Now STFU!

Let me speak in language you might understand. I hope they run a reverse on Cromartie's side and Vollmer just clocks him into next week. Maybe then he will think he is still playing next week instead of sitting on his couch watching the game.

Let me speak in a language you might understand - WE DON'T F**KING CARE WHAT YOU THINK OR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TROLL!

Let me speak in language you might understand. I hope they run a reverse on Cromartie's side and Vollmer just clocks him into next week. Maybe then he will think he is still playing next week instead of sitting on his couch watching the game.

I hope you make it to middle school.

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet

Maybe if you were born before the middle of the 90's, you'd know the unwritten rules of trash talking; you never talk about the wife, mother or sister of a player. You just don't. Having played high school and D1 collegiate sports or hell, even life, nothing pisses off a player more than mentioning any of those three. Make fun of Rex's waist size, weight loss, bravado or Cromartie's children, sperm-count etc. but when you mention any of their wives, that's classless. Just because the media does it, doesn't mean it's fair game to a player. Get through a few more years in life and you'll recognize the difference.

And hell, if you're gonna do it and have it be pre-meditated, at least make it funny. I mean, he had all sorts of time to think of it, and that was the best he came up with?? I'd love to hear one of the players say "well at least Rex is still married to his wife instead of with the secretary.." see how well that goes over.

Edited by BroadwayJoe12