Top five NY sports teams moments.

xoenrt2099

1 - The Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl is probably number 1. Considering the Patriots were undefeated and that amazing 1 handed helmet grab by David Tyree was probably the greatest super bowl catch ever. (Maybe Pittsburghs Franco catch may possibly be better).

2 - I would have to give this to the Devils beating Anaheim in the Stanley Cup Finals. Granted this may be biased since I am a die hard Devils fans but they have just been a great team for so long. I also believe they set a record for playoff wins at home only losing 1 playoff game. Also Martin Brodeur earned 7 shut outs during that playoff season giving him the most shutouts during a playoff season.

3 - The Rangers winning the Stanley Cup against the Vancouver Canucks in 1994. The Rangers Mark Messier promised a win against the NJ Devils in the Eastern Conference Finals and not only did the Rangers win Mark Messier earned a hat trick. This gave them the path to play Vancouver where they won in 7 games giving the Rangers their first Stanley Cup in over 50 years.

4 - NY Jets winning Super Bowl 3. Another promise (just like Messier) from HOF QB Broadway Joe to win against heavily favored Colts team. This is probably one of the greatest upsets in sports history and of course the man who guaranteed the victory was named MVP despite not throwing a TD pass.

5 - I will have to put the Yankees in my top 5 simply because they are the cream of the crop when it comes to sports teams in New York. The Yankees winning the world series against the favored Philadelphia Phillies and giving Alex Rodriguez his first world series title was something words can not describe. I am not sure about anyone else but I also felt that it was nice to see this franchise win because it brought back memories of why the Yankees are important to New Yorkers especially after the tragic event of 9/11. It was also a nice compliment to their new stadium.

This is my top 5 for now

Archived