Revis on Welker is what the Patriots want

Barton

They know how to operate their offense just fine with this matchup, they've seen it before and they'll be prepared for it.

Revis needs to be moved around in this game (Hernandez, Branch, Gronkowski) in order to maximize his value and thus the rest of the defense as a unit.

Different looks that the Patriots have not yet seen from our back 8 is a MUST.

They know how to operate their offense just fine with this matchup, they've seen it before and they'll be prepared for it.

Revis needs to be moved around in this game (Hernandez, Branch, Gronkowski) in order to maximize his value and thus the rest of the defense as a unit.

Different looks that the Patriots have not yet seen from our back 8 is a MUST.

Revis should be on Branch. You let Welker get his...possibly put him on Welker in 3rd and shorts

Moving Revis around makes no sense to me.

Honestly though, isnt Bradys hot read on pass downs going to be wherever Revis isnt?

Therefore, wouldnt giving Revis different coverage responsibilities prevent him from taking away their biggest threat ( Welker or Branch) for the whole game?

The Pats run so many different packages you never know who's going to be X, Y, Z.

The real issue here is Cro. What do you do with him? I dont trust him alone on their shifty receivers covering their X. But its not like he's someone you want in a zone on the strong side getting lost in all the picks, blocks and having to make crucial tackles. Revis is much better suited to play in bunches like that.

I'm almost thinking you keep Cro on X, let Revis work the Y and zones, and give safety help on Cro, and a LB'er helping on the Z because thats where Tom is going to go, which is usually the TE, Woodhead or Welker, which we can live with as long as we come up and make the tackle. If Cro starts getting killed then you adjust accordingly, but I'd take my chances that way first.

Everyone wants Cro to guard the TE's, but then who tackles them?

More zone coverage than ever before.

Lock out Branch with Revis in the first half, make adjustments as necessary in the second half.

Welker rarely runs more than five yards from the LoS, same area of the field the TE's work, lots of players sitting in that zone will make it more difficult to throw there. Pats will run a ton of picks, and the Jets have to be prepared for that. Also have to whine to the refs more than Tom Brady complaining about being illegally picked.

The goal should be for the Jets to try to force Brady to throw outside and long. Take away his short stuff, and hope the extra time he holds the ball gives the Jets 3 or 4 man rush a chance to get there.

The Patriots know all of this, though, and will be planning accordingly.

in coverage, this is good BUT CRO is not physical. These guys are. . so they'll push him around, and if they get the ball, is cro going to make the tackle?

Cro will jam a guy at the line, but he's a pussy when it comes to tackling. The Hernandez matchup seems like a smart one because Cro can get up on him, and then keep up with him once he releases. But if Hernandez catches the damn ball, someone needs to be nearby to bring him down.

Cro will jam a guy at the line, but he's a pussy when it comes to tackling. The Hernandez matchup seems like a smart one because Cro can get up on him, and then keep up with him once he releases. But if Hernandez catches the damn ball, someone needs to be nearby to bring him down.

Not sure if it's the play-calling, but I saw Cro avoid the jam against Indy quite a few times.

Archived