Florida & Oklahoma Pro Day's

R44

You guys have done an amazing job at draftdaddy.com

That site gets better by the minute. I am not a big draft site guy but you guys are bookmarked for me.

I feel bad for Missouri CB Shirdonya Mitchell. He runs a 4.2 and then tears his ACL. That's horrible news.

Oklahoma Center Vince Carter was such a dominant player in college. But they didn't invite him to the combine. What's the real story with him. It looks he won't even be drafted.

I think that Stefan Lefors is going to be a good NFL QB. I stick by that. I am high on him.

It's too bad, Duke Safety Alex Green only ran a 4.6. I like him too. He's a good football player.

Ciatrick Fason is the guy I wanted to see the Jets draft in the 2nd or 3rd round before we got Blaylock, looks like we're not going to be able to get him, so best of luck to you Fason in the NFL.

It's too bad, Duke Safety Alex Green only ran a 4.6. I like him too. He's a good football player.

thanks for the kind words YJF

as for Green i feel a 4.6 is still good enough to get him into the late rounds of the draft - he is one player that will play faster than he times - a TON of college production - something like 100 tackles last year...

RS, I don't know a lot about Hill....He's a JC transfer that only really got 1 big time season at Florida, but played well in that season. Seems real fast.

The main Florida media is ignoring him, but my word was he did real well...Actually caught a ton of attention...Probably a day 2 pickup, at best. We'll see as more info comes out.

YJF, we like LeFors too. As wew reported, the entire Washington Redskins staff showed up at Pro Day to meet him....Think about, these are the folks to traded a 2nd rounder for a possibly "washed-up" Mark Brunnell....LeFors is a clone of Mark, maybe 12 years younger?

Vince Carter has struggled to get attention. Most teams don't think he's strong enough to play effectively in the NFL...that seems to be the reason he wasn't invited to the combine.

Sec124, I read Fason dropped half the passes thrown to him--showed poor hands...Nontheless you right, he's a great runner and the Jets won't really touch...Jax and Miami seem to like him, but there a bunch of teams that could pick him.

RSherry, not sure were Pool will play, that's a good question....Patman at JI brought up a great point---Pool had a horrendous short shuttle--very important for a safety...Still, he's highly regarded, it seems. But exact position won't be determinded until he weras an NFL uniform--I'll guess FS.

It's almost sad about Lance Mitchell. Two years ago he looked like the next great big ILB. That knee just ruined him.

Also, I can't believe how slow Antonio Perkins ran. I wonder if it's a deal where he just plays faster. I can't imagine a kid having that much success returning kicks with that bad a 40 time.

Again, great job DraftDaddy. You can't get that kind of info off of any of these other sites anywhere. Beautiful.

Every season there is a Lance Mitchell--seemingly a superstar, but when he checks out, he's too darn slow due to being overrated or due to injuries...

Michell, the way he's working out, could be the next LaMarcus McDonald (TCU) (player draft sites praise as a 1st round type early, who goes totally undrafted).

Perkins ran poorly too for a Pro Day.

Thanks TS on site compliment... But really thank Mike Pearson of the Jags :twisted:

Actually, I used to write for a premium site and was doing a wrap up for an AFC South game, heaping a ton of praise on Pearson for shuting down Dwight Freeney totally at LT as a big storyline.

After typing for 25 minutes, with sore fingers, spyware shutdown the computer and all was lost.... :x

I was ready to slam the computer or smash it on the floor, when I realized I was being stupid--why not go to a Jacksonville paper and merely link an article from a writer who reported it in the locker room?

From that point on, that just the way I like to do things--forget my opinions, find the facts on the Net and give them out.

I don't think enough draft sites do that....

They are trying too hard to impress the folks in the NFL (i.e Matt Gambill, who is trying to land a job as a scout and openly admits it).

Gambill is a little screwy sometimes. There's a reason those guys are scouts, you know? Oy.

But that is a great site (DD). I know you're too modest to admit it, but most of these draft sites are just a bunch of 18-year olds spewing garbage. You guys are pros.

R44, have you guys gotten any more info on the O-lineman, Sims?

Wes Sims

OG | (6'3", 310, 5.25) | OKLAHOMA

Scouts Grade: 45

DraftTracker: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Has the upper body strength to deliver a violent punch, does an adequate job of using hands and flashes the ability to knock undersized defenders back at the point of attack. Plays with a mean streak, is physical and works to finish blocks. Possesses good size and is capable of holding ground in pass protection when plays with sound technique. Missed time with a knee injury in 2001 but returned for Oklahoma's bowl game later that year and durability doesn't appear to be a significant concern at this point.

Weaknesses: Negates lower body strength by playing with a narrow base, doesn't always play with leverage and isn't fundamentally sound at this point. Lacks ideal lateral mobility, doesn't have great range and will have some problems reaching blocks at the second level. Takes too long to get set in pass protection and will struggle working against explosive one-gap defenders. Doesn't show great change of direction skills and is vulnerable to effective double moves. While played right as well as left tackle doesn't have the athletic ability to line up at tackle at the next level and lacks great versatility as a result.

Bottom line: Sims red-shirted in 2000. He started five games at left tackle before moving to right tackle for two games in 2001. Sims missed the remainder of the regular season with a knee injury. He started every game in 2002 and 13 of 14 games in 2003; all at left tackle. Sims remained the team's starting left tackle as a senior in 2004 but he will need to move inside in order to make it in the NFL. He is experienced and has played at a high collegiate level, but he is still somewhat unpolished and needs to work on refining his technique and footwork. Sims doesn't have the athleticism or size to play tackle in the NFL but he is big and powerful enough to develop into a quality drive blocker at the OG position and he would be a good fit for run-heavy offense. Look for a team to select him on the second day of the draft consequently.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Stillerpaul

From the bio he would be a good fit for the run oriented Pittsburgh offense.

TS. Some good posts from you.

Perkins is going to be a good kick returner in the pros despite his poor 40 time. I agree, I thought he would be faster too.

You don't really need great straight line speed to be a big returner. Alot of punt and kick returning is anticipation and instincts. Hitting the opening at the right time in a split second.

Look at Wes Welker. He's not exactly a burner.

Wes Sims pro day: Sims stood on his numbers from the combine and opted to only do positional drills, but he did try the three-cone drill for a time of 7.60.

Wes Sims combine: Sims, Wes OG Oklahoma 6050 318 Broad jump 1 8-8 BJump 29-0 ........40 times 5.28 5.21

TS, I know what you mean about the 18 year olds....We try to stick with facts and stay away from the needless hero worship of lesser players (Jamall Brimmer, ect.)....They all stink, until proven otherwise... :twisted:

I thought Brandon Browner, for example, was way overrated based on a crap 2004 season, until I relented due to seeing every one else put him high in round 1...

I'm having the same thought with Crowder, although he did "OK" at his workout.

I think if you're gonna do this, objectivity is the best thing--that's the way, I write.

Wes Sims

OG | (6'3", 310, 5.25) | OKLAHOMA

Scouts Grade: 45

DraftTracker: Round | Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History

You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Has the upper body strength to deliver a violent punch, does an adequate job of using hands and flashes the ability to knock undersized defenders back at the point of attack. Plays with a mean streak, is physical and works to finish blocks. Possesses good size and is capable of holding ground in pass protection when plays with sound technique. Missed time with a knee injury in 2001 but returned for Oklahoma's bowl game later that year and durability doesn't appear to be a significant concern at this point.

Weaknesses: Negates lower body strength by playing with a narrow base, doesn't always play with leverage and isn't fundamentally sound at this point. Lacks ideal lateral mobility, doesn't have great range and will have some problems reaching blocks at the second level. Takes too long to get set in pass protection and will struggle working against explosive one-gap defenders. Doesn't show great change of direction skills and is vulnerable to effective double moves. While played right as well as left tackle doesn't have the athletic ability to line up at tackle at the next level and lacks great versatility as a result.

Bottom line: Sims red-shirted in 2000. He started five games at left tackle before moving to right tackle for two games in 2001. Sims missed the remainder of the regular season with a knee injury. He started every game in 2002 and 13 of 14 games in 2003; all at left tackle. Sims remained the team's starting left tackle as a senior in 2004 but he will need to move inside in order to make it in the NFL. He is experienced and has played at a high collegiate level, but he is still somewhat unpolished and needs to work on refining his technique and footwork. Sims doesn't have the athleticism or size to play tackle in the NFL but he is big and powerful enough to develop into a quality drive blocker at the OG position and he would be a good fit for run-heavy offense. Look for a team to select him on the second day of the draft consequently.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Stillerpaul

From the bio he would be a good fit for the run oriented Pittsburgh offense.

Thanks for the info Faba. I wouldn't be surprised if they took him by round 4. They LOVE to get Russ Grimm guys like that.

I'm having the same thought with Crowder, although he did "OK" at his workout.

Yeah but you gotta admit. Crowder is a pretty cool name for a LB. LOL

Just like Quentin Jammer was a cool name for a CB.

It doesn't mean that these players are going to be any good though.

But if your last name is Blitzer or Sacker. You got a a shot in football.

Archived