JetNation mentioned in article

TaborJet

Faithful Jets fans follow team to showdown in Pittsburgh

image.jpg

The Jets head into hostile territory for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but they’re not going alone.

Gang Green faithful citywide are taking to Craigslist, online forums, bus services and local rideshares to find ways to trek to the Steel City to cheer on their team. A victory against the Steelers is the only thing standing between the Jets and the Super Bowl.

“Everybody wants to be there to see history in person,” said Phil Sullivan of blog JetNation.com, who helped readers organize their own trips and is going with his son.

Todd Hudson, who owns sports bus travel service The Stadium Events, said he expects to shuttle at least 100 die-hard fans to the big game. “Fans want to watch their team, wherever that is,” Hudson said.

The Jets head to Pittsburgh after huge back-to-back upsets against the Indianapolis Colts and the archrival New England Patriots. But with the Super Bowl on the line, some fans said they wouldn’t miss this weekend’s on-field drama for anything.

“Wild horses couldn’t stop me from going,” said Fred Robertson, 52, of East Meadow, Long Island, who is making the nearly seven-hour drive. “I bleed green.”

Added Brian Moffett, 53, of Staten Island, who organized a four-man trip through Craigslist: “For years after we lost a game, everybody would say, ‘Same old Jets.’ But with Rex Ryan, we’re not the same old Jets.”

“Wild horses couldn’t stop me from going,” said Fred Robertson, 52, of East Meadow, Long Island, who is making the nearly seven-hour drive. “I bleed green.”

why would wild horses want to stop Mr Robertson from attending?

• 5 months later...

Yeah really, with anything... ever.

Although I bet Max is going to be pissed when he finds out this Phil douchebag is taking credit for his message blog interwebs site.

bump (yes a shameless, self-promoting, the NFL lockout has made me crazy variety bump)

why would wild horses want to stop Mr Robertson from attending?

And honestly, even if most wild horses were Steelers fans, would they be a real threat? I've never known a herd of horses to actually stop anything of note, or impede one's ability to attend an event. Now Lemurs..they can be a force. Wild Lemurs are not to be trusted.

And honestly, even if most wild horses were Steelers fans, would they be a real threat? I've never known a herd of horses to actually stop anything of note, or impede one's ability to attend an event. Now Lemurs..they can be a force. Wild Lemurs are not to be trusted.

Lemurs are tasty for breakfast though!

leapin%20lemurs%20box.jpg

And surprise! They're Gluten Free and Organic!

Archived