How are you feeling about this game?

stoicsentry

I want to see us establish the run. We CAN run against anyone, even the Steelers. Whether we will is the question. But if we can, that will help Sanchez out big time. We will avoid playing into the main reason the Steelers defense is so good, the fact that they can make you one dimensional.

The Jets will run the football. It could be ugly for a while, and lead to another scoreless first quarter, but the Jets will run the ball, then run it again.

I think that if the Jets come out throwing against the Steelers they can have success, then run off the pass.

I would like to see this, too, but I do not want the Jets getting too fancy. The Jets strength is the running game, they can't (and won't, IMHO) be afraid to run right into the strength of the Steelers dee. I'd like to see them get Sanchez his safe, rhythm building throws early, and then run draws and play-action out of 3-WR sets.

But it's when Schottenheimer gets cute, or starts thinking he's pretty smart, that things go awry. They need to mix it up this game, but stick largely to plays with a greater chance of success. They can line up and score on the Steelers. They don't need and Wildcat-Statue-of-Liberty-Flea-Flickers this Sunday.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pass to set up the run. I know that sounds dumb but get Sanchez those short throws, let our receivers do their thing. Try 1 or 2 downfield early and begin to pound the rock. Pass to set up the run.

Should we come out in a hurry up like we did MNF against the NEP?

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!

Should we come out in a hurry up like we did MNF against the NEP?

SURPRISE BITCHES!!!

Oh hell no. I agree with utilizing 3 receiver sets with Sanchez under center. Additionally Bryant McFadden is really questionable for Sunday, so they'll be thin at CB. Just short stuff with 1 or 2 tries for something over the top.

I'm pretty confident with that bit of nervousness that always accompanies a Jets game. the Steelers O Line is a bit banged up, though I don't see them on the injury report, and I think Rex will scheme to take advantage of that. I think I would put revis on Wallace most of the time and double Ward. the presence of TP in the secondary poses some problems but a steady ground game might keep him in check. Nick Folk is not Doug Brien!

When you said "flat" did you mean "empty"?

I can't understand this notion that the Jets "played their SB last week." This is essentially the same team that lost to Indy last year in the AFCCG. Are we to believe they all forgot about it?

In every interview this week the players and Rex has mentioned it (for those who were there last year). For new guys like LT & JT, they talked about this being their dream.

JT mentioned something very telling in yesterday's press conference: He said that the Jets beat the Steelers and "we didn't play well." The Jets are quietly confident because they beat the Steelers already and know they can beat them again.

I'm more anxious than last year because the expectations are even higher this year.

On the plus side, I have more confidence in this team than last year.

With two years under his belt, Ryan has really got this team playing lights out at just the right time.

If the Jets play with the same intensity they did last week, holy sh*t Dallas here we come!

I'm more anxious than last year because the expectations are even higher this year.

On the plus side, I have more confidence in this team than last year.

With two years under his belt, Ryan has really got this team playing lights out at just the right time.

If the Jets play with the same intensity they did last week, holy sh*t Dallas here we come!

I just drank a BUNCH of Koolaid and I'm all in!!! We win decisively Sunday!!!!

Feel free to go into your trance at any time. You're all I believe in, Jimmy!

I'm not going to say anything unless I feel it slats-I'm not going to light any candles and try to conjure up some result-I trust in the visions-they have been spot on since August. I even knew that the bar I was working at was going to close-that one sucked...

I feel extremely confident, just as I did against the mannings and the pats. I think our Coaches have found their stride, swallowed their pride, whatever and now we are good. All year, all of our inconsistencies I placed blame on coaching, schotty, ryan, whoever. They both have stepped their game up, i think beginning with the Pitt game and the D's performances in the last 2 games speak for themselves.

Sanchez looks really confident (Finally), Even Harris was playing with emotion, Whie chocolate has stepped in extremely well, Edwards has been ******* AWESOME, Ellis = WOW, Pressure, Sacks, Turnovers, LT & GREENE, the list goes on.

JETS - 24

pitt - 13

Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I felt nauseous last week... my confidence rose throughout the week but I'd have moments where I felt a sense of impending doom.

This week for some reason I feel we're going to win. The Colts and Pats offenses are >>> than the Steelers. While I understand the Steelers D is at a different level I think we can do enough against a banged up Troy and co to pull it out. I had a premonition that we'll be scoring a defensive TD be it through INT or Fumb Recovery.

gotta enjoy this... I've been waiting 26 years for Sunday.

I'm tense and nervous, I can't relax.

Game comes down to Mark Sanchez, IMHO. Steelers will sell out to stop the run and force Sanchez to make plays in the frigid Pittsburgh air (Weather.com predicts a high of 18º in Pittsburgh on Sunday), and it will be up to him to make them. The Jets beat the Steelers last time on a KOR and a safety. Can't count on that sort of thing every week.

So do I have faith in Mark?

The good news is that he's a streaky QB who doesn't usually follow up a great game with a clunker. He usually rides the wave for a couple/few games - then slumps for a few. He came off basically a DNP in Buffalo and a so-so performance in Indy to have one of the best games of his career in NE. He played well -if not great- against Pittsburgh once, so he knows he can do it. I have hope, but I'm a Jet fan, man. I can't let those hopes get too high.

Agree. It all depends on Sanchez so yes nervous about the game. Our secondary also needs to stay with their receivers longer as Ben will avoid sacks and roll out.

I have faith in Rex for the latter after his last two game plans.

I feel too good.Almost too damn good its scary. Dallas is RIGHT THERE WITHIN OUT GRASP!!!

Im just sending positive mental energy to them. Damn Im gonna get so drunk when that clock hits triple zero they're gonna have to scrape me off the ground with a shovel.

CANT WAIT!!!!

I feel too good.Almost too damn good its scary. Dallas is RIGHT THERE WITHIN OUT GRASP!!!

Im just sending positive mental energy to them. Damn Im gonna get so drunk when that clock hits triple zero they're gonna have to scrape me off the ground with a shovel.

CANT WAIT!!!!

1) Make trip to hardware store. Check.

im confident that our guys will play their hearts out. I think Jason Taylor will have the game of his life much like Ellis did last week; he's been in this league forever, and he is going to play like a man possessed to get a shot at the lombardi trophy, the same goes for LT, but I think Taylor will have more success going against the steelers tackles.

I like what you just wrote here. It makes a lot of sense. Their Tackles are sub par at best. If he's going to get to the bowl, now is the time. He has a major opportunity here to exploit a major weakness and do what he's never been able to do in whole career.

I just got a twinge of excitement at the prospect of his signing all being for this game.

JT 3 sacks!!!!

im pretty damn nervous about this game but as long as we dont make dumb mistakes i feel we win

this game is all about feild position, if you havent noticed over the last few games the jets have been winning the field position battles and when you have to drive on our defense over 80-90 yards you tend to come up short

I've never been so anxious for a Jets game in my 27 years as a fan. This is the most anticipated of them all. It's totally different feeling than '98 and last year. As others here have said I never went into those games with my hopes too, too high. I've learned tHAT A LONG TIME AGO BEING A JET FAN. I've always been one to stay low key the week and the day of games. I try not to wear my feelings on my sleeve as I live amongst a bunch of Patriot fans in my Family. By being low key and not talking smack(too much most of the time -wink-wink-) it doesn't hurt as much when The Jets lose as by me playing it low key and telling everyone "no big deal, I really wasn't following the season much this year anyway." LOL

It keeps the needling and ribbing I get to a minimum.

Inside I'm ******* seething and want to slice their heads off, but you know how it is being a Jets fan?

This week though is different, we are the better team going in IMHO and see no reason why we can't win this game. I am anxious though as being a Jets fan for so long it comes with the territory...I know this game will not be won and the celebrating cannot begin until the end of the game tomorrow.

I just want to see this team play in the Super Bowl SOOO bad that I think I could handle them losing in that game more than I could if they were to lose tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'll be feeling or I'll do if they do lose tomorrow, but I know if we lose this one it will be the hardest loss EVER as a sport fan topping my number one right now of The Mets losing in game 7 of the 2006 NLCS. A Jets loss to The Steelers tomorrow will top that one by miles.

BUT, I really feeling we can pull this off and there is no reason why we can't win this game. This is the best Jets team I've seen play and I think it is their destiny to win it all this year...the same as it was The Mets to take it all in '86. Those two teams are so alike it's not funny.

I've been wearing my #28 jersey all week over my shirts...I've never done that before. I'm so hyped to get this game on and it will only be worse come tomorrow afternoon. I'll be screaming at CBS to get the god damned game on already as I'm sure the pre-game hoopla will be epic.

If we're feeling this hyped up for this game, imagine the build-up to the Super Bowl?

It will be amazing and I can't ******* wait.

We got this...We got this by the balls!

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS, JETS!!11

Archived