13 year old girl given "Jaywalking ticket" while in a coma at hospital.

villain_the_foe

Might be that he has to do it. If she is crossing against the light, the driver has to deal with blame/potential law suit. They have to do a police report and they are going to ask if a ticket was issued. Obviously even if they felt they had to issue the citation, it should be handled with as much delicacy as possible.

Might be that he has to do it. If she is crossing against the light, the driver has to deal with blame/potential law suit. They have to do a police report and they are going to ask if a ticket was issued. Obviously even if they felt they had to issue the citation, it should be handled with as much delicacy as possible.

Excellent point. I've been thinking about that since I read that and that had to be it. Much sympathy for the mother and child and their family. But at the same time the cop giving that shiity ticket in my guess felt dreadful having to do it. Also the person who hit her, who if they where breaking no law or even if they where must feel gawd awful. Told a story here a long time ago about a family friend who had a little boy run in front of their car, never see him, just heard and felt him. She was never same. Sad for everyone. Can only hope the little girl makes it.

Meh. The police report's usually enough in that situation, ask Donte Stallworth. The cop's a dick, even if it was a necessary course of procedural action there's a time and place for handing a distraught mom a jaywalking ticket. Put yourself next to your mom and imagine her in that situation and you'd be out of your mind if you weren't pissed off as hell.

Meh. The police report's usually enough in that situation, ask Donte Stallworth. The cop's a dick, even if it was a necessary course of procedural action there's a time and place for handing a distraught mom a jaywalking ticket. Put yourself next to your mom and imagine her in that situation and you'd be out of your mind if you weren't pissed off as hell.

Seems like a dick move. I doubt they'd have done it in NY. I sure would be pissed, but I was trying to figure why they might have done it. We don't know what actually happened, but it sure seems like it was poorly handled. I know there are some places trying to have a zero tolerance on jaywalking to avoid Boulevard of Death scenarios, but this seems excessive.

Seems like a dick move. I doubt they'd have done it in NY. I sure would be pissed, but I was trying to figure why they might have done it. We don't know what actually happened, but it sure seems like it was poorly handled. I know there are some places trying to have a zero tolerance on jaywalking to avoid Boulevard of Death scenarios, but this seems excessive.

I agree. Crime and violation are very different...especially when it comes to a 13 year old and not an adult. The ticket could have waited. Better yet, the ticket could have been dismissed once understanding that the girl was in the hospital in critical condition which they had to have known given that they knew she was jaywalking (when she got hit) in the first place.

It was a dick move as stated.

Eff the Po-Po

I remember one NYPD douchenozzle gave me a $50 tkt last summer for walking between two cars OF A PARKED TRAIN!

They all have bullsh*t quotas to fill. Let them tell it they're just " upholding the lawr"

Eff the Po-Po

I remember one NYPD douchenozzle gave me a $50 tkt last summer for walking between two cars OF A PARKED TRAIN!

They all have bullsh*t quotas to fill. Let them tell it they're just " upholding the lawr"

I actually had a similar situation. I was leaving work and getting on the train in queens to head home. This station was the last stop so the train was just sitting there. So im walking through the car doors walking through the train. I see this cop talking to one of the conductors...no problem or anything as I continue to walk through the train. As I get to the car where this cop is talking he decides to stop me and ask for ID. I asked him for what and he told me that it was illegal to walk through the train. I told him that I didnt get the "memo" and I'll make sure that I walk on the platform.

That wasnt enough for him for course. He asked for my ID, I asked "why"? he said that he was giving me a ticket so I said that I wasnt showing him anything in that case. Long story short, he kept asking and I just walked passed him. He was yelling "Hey get back here" but I just kept walking. I got nervous for a second because my back was to him to I entered the train and sat where I could see if he was walking up on me but he actually left me alone. For the rest of the train ride I could have sworn I had the biggest cojones out of any other dude on the train that day. lol.

Archived