****The Official New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread AFC CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION****

Iceman88

I think I'm going to be happier for my wife, daughter and son and all of you guys than for myself. Think about all of the people we have come to know and how much they have invested in this team...you guys have spent MILLIONS of dollars chasing this dream all over the country-you guys ******* DESERVE this...

this is the fifth Jets' AFC Championship Game I've experienced in my life. The first one I was in the 8th grade in my kitchen in Garwood NJ listening to the game on my Aunt Ann's transistor radio and my beautiful little cousin Michael was playing with me on the floor under the table (I loved that little boy, God rest his soul) the game wasn't on TV. The second one The Mud Bowl AKA the last time I ever made chili for a Jets game. The third was Denver-that should have been our year, the fourth last year-I don't think any of us thought we'd really win that game or the Super Bowl. This one feels different doesn't it? This one reminds me of the first one against Oakland-unGodly cold temps against a very tough opponent-with one difference between 82-83, '98-no wind and no rain, snow or soaked field. I also think the NFL NEEDS the Jets to win this game just like the AFL AND NFL needed us to win SBIII. WE Jets fans NEED this win. I hope all of you devoted younger Jets fans get to feel what I felt as a kid with a SB win-there's nothing like it in that city...

Jimmy, that reminded me. I listened to that game on the radio too. How the hell was that game NOT on TV???

I feel REALLY good about this game. I may have had another psychic moment when on my way to work tonight I saw (in the future) a WE'RE GOING TO THE EFFIN SUPER BOWL!!!!! thread here at JN-moments after the game...I got chills all over my body...I think this was the sign you guys...I got chills right now again-I think this is the sign I've been hoping for....

I just got chills when I read this post. LET'S GO JETS!!!!!!

You guys are playing with fire.

Calm down.....please.

Lets not get too cocky here.

If you are superstitious as I am you know this is dangerous.

Havent won a thing yet.

don't forget the steelers fans are booking rooms in dallas. no worries mate, enjoy the ride !!!

Jimmy, that reminded me. I listened to that game on the radio too. How the hell was that game NOT on TV???

it's funny how we could listen to those games on the radio back then Dennis and actually SEE what was happening. We lived up there and knew what kind of a day that was-it was cold and windy and in my mind I could see that pass to Maynard that Namath threw and when we finally got to see the highlights they were just how we saw it in our minds...was that Marty Glickman?

My dad put a motor kit on our TV antenna, and we turned the antenna and watched the Philadelphia station, or I would have been listening too. Same thing when the Knicks won the title in 1970.....I watched it on the Philadlephia station. Dad came through for me big time!

it's funny how we could listen to those games on the radio back then Dennis and actually SEE what was happening. We lived up there and knew what kind of a day that was-it was cold and windy and in my mind I could see that pass to Maynard that Namath threw and when we finally got to see the highlights they were just how we saw it in our minds...was that Marty Glickman?

Same for Knicks-Lakers game 7 that year. Had to listen to Willis hobble out of the locker room on transistor radio.

Marv Alert was the voice of the Knicks back then even. I believe the game was aired on TV per delay at midnight or something but not sure.