This could be the BEST ever

greeniemeanie

I'm known everywhere that I go. I sort of stand out. For the last 16 years I have lived away from home(NY), as it is. The two reasons most people don't forget me is because I am 6'10" tall, and I am a fanatical Jets fan. I'm borderline sick with the way my life revolves around the NY Jets. But... It is who I am, and that's just the way it is.

So, I've been getting asked by quite a few people that I have befriended over the years, "What are you going to do when/if the Jets win it all?" My wife has asked me about 50 times this week, some of my close friends about a dozen. The scary thing is, I don't know the answer to that question. I have put so much of my emotion into cheering for something that I have never thought I would see, that to see it would blow my mind.

I equate it to the quote that says "success is a journey" I mean seriously, what would I do if our Jets got there? As a Jet fan, a die hard 12 months of the year Jet fan, I eat, breathe , and sh*t NY Jets football. And that has always included never quite getting there. Needless to say, I am afraid, very afraid. I'm not afraid that the Jets will lose it. I'M afraid they're going to WIN IT!

So, what do I do? It's what I always wanted, isn't it? It's destiny, is it not?

I'll tell you what I am going to do...I going to drive my entire family back to NY for the parade, and enjoy sharing one of the highlights of my sports watching life with them, and I'm going to share something with my son, daughter, and wife that meant so much for so many years...

It takes time, patience, luck, and desire to be successful like THESE NY jets.

But you know, to me the man, to me the little boy of so many years past...

if this team were to do it,

They would be the best ever.

And you know what, they probably would be for my family too.

I'm known everywhere that I go. I sort of stand out. For the last 16 years I have lived away from home(NY), as it is. The two reasons most people don't forget me is because I am 6'10" tall, and I am a fanatical Jets fan. I'm borderline sick with the way my life revolves around the NY Jets. But... It is who I am, and that's just the way it is.

So, I've been getting asked by quite a few people that I have befriended over the years, "What are you going to do when/if the Jets win it all?" My wife has asked me about 50 times this week, some of my close friends about a dozen. The scary thing is, I don't know the answer to that question. I have put so much of my emotion into cheering for something that I have never thought I would see, that to see it would blow my mind.

I equate it to the quote that says "success is a journey" I mean seriously, what would I do if our Jets got there? As a Jet fan, a die hard 12 months of the year Jet fan, I eat, breathe , and sh*t NY Jets football. And that has always included never quite getting there. Needless to say, I am afraid, very afraid. I'm not afraid that the Jets will lose it. I'M afraid they're going to WIN IT!

I'll tell you what I am going to do...I going to drive my entire family back to NY for the parade, and enjoy sharing one of the highlights of my sports watching life with them, and I'm going to share something with my son, daughter, and wife that meant so much for so many years...

Greenie - I'm only 5'6", but the folks who know me think I'm 8 feet tall when it comes to the Jets, so don't worry about your puny 6'10" deficiency - we're all Jets fans that bleed green. Don't get bogged down with the minutia - think Rexy! We're going to beat the Steelers, period. If you get scared, post again and we'll pump your ego up to Rex size!!

great post treetop...I've been thinking about this alot this week and one thing I hope Jets fans DON'T do is become a-holes like some Pats fans did when they went on their run-you know LAST decade. I HOPE we don't join up on say Patsplanet and rub it in their faces and do to them what they did to us. Now I don't mean our friends I mean the random dickheads who we saw come and go here and at JI initially. Be humble Jets fans-it's all good if we win it-it will give hope to so many seemingly hopeless Jets fans who were either too young or not yet born for 1969.

great post treetop...I've been thinking about this alot this week and one thing I hope Jets fans DON'T do is become a-holes like some Pats fans did when they went on their run-you know LAST decade. I HOPE we don't join up on say Patsplanet and rub it in their faces and do to them what they did to us. Now I don't mean our friends I mean the random dickheads who we saw come and go here and at JI initially. Be humble Jets fans-it's all good if we win it-it will give hope to so many seemingly hopeless Jets fans who were either too young or not yet born for 1969.

Honestly,

Lose with class, Win with class...

Rex has brought the right attitude back to the Jets.

Damnit I'm never gonna be able to fall asleep tonight.

I know what your saying, I have been thinking the same things. I keep on thinking about that video where the Wile E Coyote finally catches the road runner and goes into a deep depression afterwards!

This year feels so different then last year, I can't explain it. But I am so ready for it! I'm pretty sure my eyes will spring a leak if the Jets get it done!!

Semper Fi

Well said Jimmy. I agree with Meanie though. I seriously don't know what I would do if the Jets won today or god forbid won it all. How the hell could I??? It's never happened in my life LOL

Born in 72.... and it's been tough :D

Well said Jimmy. I agree with Meanie though. I seriously don't know what I would do if the Jets won today or god forbid won it all. How the hell could I??? It's never happened in my life LOL

Born in 72.... and it's been tough :D

Same here, born in 72, became a Jets fan in 77, when my uncle returned from Veitnam and gave me a Jets jacket to break the ice since I didn't know him. He then told me all about Joe Willie and the super bowl. I was mesmerized since I didn't have a father figure and now I did. Stuck with the Jets since,

Man I can't wait untill 6:30!!

Semper Fi

Same here, born in 72, became a Jets fan in 77, when my uncle returned from Veitnam and gave me a Jets jacket to break the ice since I didn't know him. He then told me all about Joe Willie and the super bowl. I was mesmerized since I didn't have a father figure and now I did. Stuck with the Jets since,

Man I can't wait untill 6:30!!

Semper Fi

We are the same age and starting watching in the same season. We are the dreaded tweeners, born too late for the glory but old enough to remember all of the heartbreak. Today is for every Jets fan, for the new ones so that they don't have to suffer like us. For the old ones so they can relive the past glory. For us tweeners so our misery eternally ends. This is for all of Jet Nation. We end today AFC Champions.

Hell I was 7 years old when they won it all so as far as I am concerned this is just as much my 1st as any ones. As a diehard living away I miss all the local hype but everyone I work with or live around know my love for this team. I have received alot of good lucks from people. But what will I do if we win today -- I have no idea -- One step at a time. I feel good about this one for the 1st time in a long time.

TODAY IS OUR DAY -- J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

All of these posts are almost making me water up already, yeah I'm a pu$$y when it comes to thinking about the Jets doing something for the first time in my lifetime. How great would this be fellas? I know even if we win today, we still have one more game, but being a Jets fan that has never seen us go to a SB, it would be something special.

I was born in NY, but grew up in Northern VA and when I was a kid in school 80's and early 90's I had to endure the Redskins winning all those SB's and all of my friends ALWAYS making fun of me for liking the Jets. I stood with the Jets threw thick and thin and now this is OUR time. WE DESERVE THIS! Can't Wait!

If/when the Jets win, I think we will be able to handle it just fine. We will put those memories of past heartbreak away for good. We will have some new and awesome memories of being champions!

To say we are due for a championship is an understatement!

WOW, your 6'10 too Meanie. I thought I was the only one, of course thats my circumference and not my height but still nice to know Im not alone.

Same thing here. From getting married in a namath jersey to making my son wear his jersey to school after a loss or after a win. I own no other jackets, sweatshirts, fleeces and 75% of my T shirts Jets. All Jets all the time win or lose.

Funny thing is it's been so long for me that now that the Jets are winning I have no other conversations. EVERYONE in my life wants to talk about these Jets. Funny.

Nice post brother.

Archived