Fire ******* Shotty now!!!

GangisGreen

But to be fair, if we sustain even one or two more drives in the first half, they probably score 1 less time in the first half.

Agreed. But it wasn't just playcalling in the first half. In fact, for the most part, it wasn't playcalling at all. They came out, and they beat us. They're a great defense, and they shut us down.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's difficult to score 22 on PIT in a game, and everyone acts like we should have easily done it in a half.

Gato's over the top sometimes, but he's right that for the most part about the fact that people just blame Schotty without actually thinking about the game.

It's just little things like Sanchez asking for a ******* play for 15 seconds while Schotty picks his a$$ on the sideline. That sh*t drives me crazy!

Seriously?

Reverses, running up the middle on first down,consistently putting Sanchez in 3rd and long. Waiting until your 17-0 down and in a 2 minute drill to try PA...

Seriously?

The reverse was a bad call, mostly because it didn't work. But running up the middle is what this team does. We're a running football team. Pittsburgh was better than us.

You've simply made up your mind that there are two outcomes to games.

1. Jets beat the other team.

2. Jets beat themselves.

Sorry, Pittsburgh gets paid to play. They played pretty well. Not perfectly, but damn well enough.

LT UP THE MIDDLE? CUTE AGAINST THE LIONS IN NOVEMBER. AGAINST THE STEELERS IN THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Really? Where was the quick pass offense? What about all of those stupid reverses that fooled no one and lost yards. Who called them? The offense was putrid in the first half. Putrid. 50 total yards. There is no excuse. We beat ourselves and the offensive scheme was terrible.

Of course we beat ourselves.

It's recently dawned on me that there are only two outcomes to Jets games. The Jets win or the Jets beat themselves. No way another team can actually beat us.

Agreed. But it wasn't just playcalling in the first half. In fact, for the most part, it wasn't playcalling at all. They came out, and they beat us. They're a great defense, and they shut us down.

Forget about this game. How many times this year has Sanchez had to scream at Schotty to get him a play because the dipsh*t couldn't pick a friggin' play fast enough? 10, 15?

Crap like that happens way too often.

It's entirely academic at this point, isn't it? Schott-hole did enough to keep his job by developing Sanchez, but sucked just enough to avoid being a viable candidate for any HC openings out there. The loser is here regardless.

except for the Bills HC job...which says nothing, but im just sayin. Wish he would have left then.

No one said we should have done it easily or that they should have done it at all!

You make out as if the offense was completely innocent in the first half, like they played a good game. They couldn't stay on the field and accounted for -4 points. Killed us man, we gave the defense no chance, sh*t as it was.

No, I didn't say they were completely innocent, that's another argument you've invented to avoid facing the possibility that maybe the Steelers just played well on defense. The offense failed in the 1st half, but it was much more than just playcalling.

Forget about this game. How many times this year has Sanchez had to scream at Schotty to get him a play because the dipsh*t couldn't pick a friggin' play fast enough? 10, 15?

Crap like that happens way too often.

I was ****in screaming at the TV. Why cant he get him a god damn play on time? I cant wait till Sanchez finally just says **** it and calls his own plays because this guy is standing on the sideline taking forever to call something in a hurry up situation.

Even when we were down two scores he couldn't get a play in with 40 seconds to think about it. He pounded the rock all the way down to the goal line, then passed it for 3 downs?....seriously dude? Then you run it on 4th when everyone knows your running it? He better be fired.

+100!!!!

God awful.

Would have been better if we let Sanchez call the plays on the field.

It's entirely academic at this point, isn't it? Schott-hole did enough to keep his job by developing Sanchez, but sucked just enough to avoid being a viable candidate for any HC openings out there. The loser is here regardless.

Sanchez has succeeded in spite of Schidiot, but because of him. I swear this idiot would lose with anybody. He would make Joe Montana look like a loser.

No, I didn't say they were completely innocent, that's another argument you've invented to avoid facing the possibility that maybe the Steelers just played well on defense. The offense failed in the 1st half, but it was much more than just playcalling.

The Steelers always play well on defense. No doubt.

I'm not saying we should have matched them score for score in the 1st. I'm saying we shouldn't have put up -4 points and go 3 and out on all but two of our drives.

The Steelers always play well on defense. No doubt.

I'm not saying we should have matched them score for score in the 1st. I'm saying we shouldn't have put up -4 points and go 3 and out on all but two of our drives.

Agreed. But schotty didn't call 2 missed blocks that allowed Sanchez to get hit and fumble... He didn't call 'don't get any push at the LOS' either.

Those are two things that the players did.

The fact is regardless if Pitt has a great defense we played the same freaking game we've played all year except we didn't get a stop at the end this time to give Sanchez another shot at tying it up.

I mean this was the same freaking game. We never ******* score in the 1rst quarter, let alone the 1rst half most of the time. That is when all these scripted plays they have supposedly been devising to work against the particular opponent are played. The scripted plays that are supposed to be scripted to work against our opponent never work out to get us points then we have to "Adjust" at the half, then it all comes together finally when time is a major concern.

How come these "scripted plays" never seem to work in the first half of the game????

Isn't that on the OC?

This was the same ******* game as all the rest except when we played Buffalo, except this time Sanchez didn't get an opportunity to pull a rabbit out of his a$$. We can't win them all when the team only plays for 30 minutes every game it seems like.

It's time for a new Offensive play caller IMHO.

Schotty was nowhere near the only reason the Jets lost this game, or even the biggest reason. That said, he still had a mostly garbage night of play-calling and game-management and continued on a 5-year long streak of ineptitude. All of that leads to the same conclusion many of us have had for years now, that this dipsh*t needs to be fired.

This thread is chock full of half answers.

1.) Fire Schotty

2.) ???

3.) Super Bowl!

Is Callahan really the answer? Cavanagh? Who's the brilliant offensive mind out there who's going to take this team to the next level?

It certainly wouldn't break my heart if Schotty was fired before I finished typing this post, but who's his replacement?

Santonio was telling the media to ask schitty on the play calling questions,"Ask Coach [brian] Schottenheimer what happened; he'll explain everything to you. I don't have the answer to that."

i really dont think rex likes him either... who are some options for oc?

1.) Fire Schotty

2.) ???

3.) Super Bowl!

Is Callahan really the answer? Cavanagh? Who's the brilliant offensive mind out there who's going to take this team to the next level?

It certainly wouldn't break my heart if Schotty was fired before I finished typing this post, but who's his replacement?

Callahan. There's the answer. Guy's been an outstanding OC in this league and he's got a QB in Sanchez who is incredibly similar in skillset to the QB he had great success with in Rich Gannon.

I love Jets fans. Lets fire the OC who took an inexperienced young QB to 2 straight AFCCG.

Yeah, that makes sense. :blink:

We have too mnay dumb Jet fans! Callahan did not have OL perform very well last night and they all want to annoint him. Some fans should just jump ship

Callahan. There's the answer. Guy's been an outstanding OC in this league and he's got a QB in Sanchez who is incredibly similar in skillset to the QB he had great success with in Rich Gannon.

I don't know. He ran Gruden's offense in Oakland, and I haven't seen teams beating down our door to hire him. He took our OL coach job because no one was interested in hiring him as a coordinator in 2008. Mangini and Rex have both had plenty of opportunities to strip Schotty of playcalling duties and hand them over to Callahan, but neither man ever opted to give that a try. Why not? I just don't see the man as a slam dunk by any means.

I also think Rex brought Cavanaugh in specifically to be his offensive guy when he was hired.

And, too, I think that with the pending work stoppage that it's imperative that the Jets keep some continuity. If Schotty's fired, it would have to be one of those guys - otherwise you're employing a whole new offense with a minimum amount of practice to install it. The teams who keep the same staff over the lockout/strike will be at an advantage over those who don't.

I love Jets fans. Lets fire the OC who took an inexperienced young QB to 2 straight AFCCG.

Yeah, that makes sense. :blink:

Our two minute offense last night was enough to get someone fired. We did exactly what the Patriots got killed for last week.

The Cotchery end around was bizarre.

You raise a great argument, that is unless you've actually been watching him call games the last 5 years

I have and I've been very critical of his coaching...but to replace a guy that just took you to back to back AFCCG's, is quite literally....stupid.

Honestly, you want Sanchez to learn a new offense? How do you know how he's going to respond to that? Maybe this offense is perfect for him, he obviously feels very comfortable with it hence our overall success in the post season.

Sorry, I'm not firing an OC who took a rookie QB who quite frankly sucked, to an AFCCG. And then to follow up that season, with another trip back to that game, seeing drastic improvements from you QB during the run.

Sorry friend. Schotty did a fine job this year and firing him is not the answer. In fact, it might be the worst possible thing for Sanchez.

Our two minute offense last night was enough to get someone fired. We did exactly what the Patriots got killed for last week.

Yep. It was bad. Is NE asking to fire BB?

1.) Fire Schotty

2.) ???

3.) Super Bowl!

That's up to the Jets to go through the process and figure out later. You don't keep someone on simply because you're afraid that the next guy you hire is going to suck even worse than the sucky loser you already employ. That's a losers mentality through and through and EXACTLY the kind of mindset this team has had for ages and has been one of many things that have helped to play into the ineptitude of this franchise. Schotty should be fired because he deserves to be fired. How things play out after that is a completely different situation that needs to be handled independently. One should have no bearing on the other.

I have and I've been very critical of his coaching...but to replace a guy that just took you to back to back AFCCG's, is quite literally....stupid.

Honestly, you want Sanchez to learn a new offense? How do you know how he's going to respond to that? Maybe this offense is perfect for him, he obviously feels very comfortable with it hence our overall success in the post season.

Sorry, I'm not firing an OC who took a rookie QB who quite frankly sucked, to an AFCCG. And then to follow up that season, with another trip back to that game, seeing drastic improvements from you QB during the run.

Sorry friend. Schotty did a fine job this year and firing him is not the answer. In fact, it might be the worst possible thing for Sanchez.

Brees and Rivers somehow managed to salvage their careers upon losing Schottys tutelage. Noodle arm left and took a 1-15 team to a division title something we can't get done. Baby dick left for the Vikings and had a career year....... I'll take my chances

Archived