That Sanchez Fumble

madmikeisback

i can't believe they didnt call a penalty when Sanchez slid .. ****in bullsh*t if it was Brady or Manning who slid that would've been a penalty

When I heard Hochuli would be the ref, was worred. We didn't lose because of the refs, but there wasn't a single holding penalty on the Steelers' Ol, which is a joke. The offsides on Brick still hasn't happened. And the Harrison elbow is 15 or the rule means nothing.

All season long we run draws and traps on third and long against pass rushing teams. Why did we pick today to break the trend. You hand that ball off and punt and we win the game.

Standard Schidiot logic that it will fool them this time. He thinks he is "saving" these plays for these situations, and opposing teams just laugh.

It was a ******* fumble blaming the refs for a loss where our team didn't realize there was a game going on in the first half is pathetic.

You're right on "that" play. However, there were atleast 4 different plays where the refs either called a penalty that shouldnt have been called (smith) or didnt call a penalty when they should have (Helmet to helmet on Greene, slide by sanchez)

I dont blame the refs. I blame shotty for not being in a no huddle the last 6 mins of the game and for throwing passes on 2nd and 3rd down when a yard away from a ******* score.

You're right on "that" play. However, there were atleast 4 different plays where the refs either called a penalty that shouldnt have been called (smith) or didnt call a penalty when they should have (Helmet to helmet on Greene, slide by sanchez)

I dont blame the refs. I blame shotty for not being in a no huddle the last 6 mins of the game and for throwing passes on 2nd and 3rd down when a yard away from a ******* score.

Totally agree. 2 yards away from the goal line and Shonne is running like a mad man. Why in the world would sh!tty NOT punch it in? This loss is on sh!tty. I hope Woody was paying attention - time to let go of what is stopping this team from getting to the next level

Totally agree. 2 yards away from the goal line and Shonne is running like a mad man. Why in the world would sh!tty NOT punch it in? This loss is on sh!tty. I hope Woody was paying attention - time to let go of what is stopping this team from getting to the next level

You said it right. Its about the next level. Shotty isnt that type of O.C. He has a place in the NFL...but just not on the Jets. He's proven that for years now. When the **** is Woody going to realize this.

The Sanchez fumble was close. Had to stick with the call. Holculi said it was concerned meaning not only did he stick with the call but he was certain.

Why were we throwing is the question. 3rd and 17 is a draw play at that point of the game. Cost us 4 pts (7 for then we would not have got 3)

Now we also got a lot of bad non calls against us but our TEAM needed to make more plays. How big was that dropped int by revis (3 pts) and Wilson to start the 1st drive of the 2nd half? Cost us tons of field position

The killer was our pace of getting plays in. If the radios sucked, fine. Get a couple calls in and run hurry up.

It was a ******* fumble blaming the refs for a loss where our team didn't realize there was a game going on in the first half is pathetic.

this

some of you guys are silly. That was a fumble. the ball was moving backwards when it hit taylors helmet. Clear as day.

The ball traveled backwards.

What does it matter if his arm was moving forward, if the ball went backwards, thereby making a lateral, or a FUMBLE?

That sucked, but it was called correctly. We should have been running the ball in that spot, anyway.

What does it matter if his arm was moving forward, if the ball went backwards, thereby making a lateral, or a FUMBLE?

That sucked, but it was called correctly. We should have been running the ball in that spot, anyway.

A million times this.

The ball CLEARLY came out of his hand like a pass with a spiral. The ball doesn't move like that if it's a fumble. The Roid Ref has made a career of giving the steelers championships. The second I saw that POS was the ref I knew we were in deep trouble.

That was a fumble. The ball came out before the arm started to go forward. The roughing the kicker was also the right call. Thats the rule. When you dont make contact and go into the leg its a roughing call. Smith popped the guy in the head when he came across the field. The only call the Jets should have gotten was the Harrison hit on Sanchez and Im stunned they did not call that. Harrison is always under a close watch and a rule is a rule. He was way late on that hit, regardless of how soft it was.

The ball CLEARLY came out of his hand like a pass with a spiral. The ball doesn't move like that if it's a fumble. The Roid Ref has made a career of giving the steelers championships. The second I saw that POS was the ref I knew we were in deep trouble.

True.

Also letting the Steelers call offsides on Brick for breathing was a joke. If that is offsides every player who breathes on offense is offside every play.

That was a fumble. The ball came out before the arm started to go forward. The roughing the kicker was also the right call. Thats the rule. When you dont make contact and go into the leg its a roughing call. Smith popped the guy in the head when he came across the field. The only call the Jets should have gotten was the Harrison hit on Sanchez and Im stunned they did not call that. Harrison is always under a close watch and a rule is a rule. He was way late on that hit, regardless of how soft it was.

not blaming this loss on a few missed calls,but you must be blind if this is your take on the above penalties.the ball and sanchez's arm was ABSOLUTELY coming forward.not even a debate.one could call it close.but it is what it is.the roughing the kicker call was a joke.that was as close to a block that you can possibly get and the rusher touched the kickers foot with his hands.the only call there was running into the kicker.didnt really matter tho,it would have been a first down anyways.but it shouldnt have been a 15 yarder,period.smith did not hit the receiver in the head.dont know what game you were watching.clearly shoulder to shoulder.the false start on brick was another joke.watched the replay 3 times before i saw bricks pinky flinch 1 milimeter.how did the ref see it across the field??pittsburg asked and they received.the late hit on sanchez by harrison is not under question.what is under question is that he puposely extended his elbow to smash sanchez in the head.15 yarder on a coupla levels.again,none of the above is why the jets lost.the missing first 30 minutes of jets football and confusion and stupid play calling on schotty lost the game for the jets.plus the fact that pitt showed up for 60 minutes didnt help the jets causes either

Thank you, someone in this thread who is objective about things. The only bad call was the Harrison hit on Sanchez. They should have dropped the flag to even out the roughing calls (with the Eric Smith one), that's usually how it happens in the playoffs. All the other calls were solid.

Eddie all arms and his crew did a terrible job, the lop-sided penalty calls and ball spotting were one of the worst ive seen in awhile. The league and Roger the dodger need to keep a better watch on the quality of officiating and how its changing the game.

Doesn't work that way.

If the QB's arm was moving foward and the ball is knocked out before he releases it, it doesn't matter what direction the ball winds up travelling, it is an incomplete pass - as long as it is clear the QB's intention was to throw it forward. In this case it is clear the intent was to throw forward. What is not clear is whether or not his arm was moving forward. I believe it had just started to move forward when he was hit, therefore making it an incomplete forward pass. I also think that in real time it was impossible to tell so the call was handled properly on the field. I think Hochuli blew it on the replay.

I disagree. I think the arm had just started to move forward a split second before the replay and I thought you could see that on the slo-mo replay.

The no-call on Harrison is absolutely unacceptable. The dude not only dove at a sliding QB after the QB slid, he compounded it by thrusting his elbow into his head. Harrison should have not only been flagged and fined, he should have been ejected and suspended for the Super Bowl.

Dude is a worthless goon.

Archived