Edwards/Holmes

jwrmo

I was watching the AFCCG and I was sitting there saying going deep to holmes or edwards. The jets did this one time in the second half and the result was a deep touchdown to Holmes. Now I do have to question if Schotty is the answer for us down the road. The only answer I can come up with is no. I also have to question that of the D coordinator though. That being Pettine, I know Rex loves him but in my opinion he is not the long term answer either. The Steelers made the D look like children playing in the back yard the entire first half. In the second half the defense changes to man to man and what happens. We started to get pressure on the QB. The switch to man to man defense shut the steelers down. My question has to be why wasnt this recognized earlier in the game and why didnt the jets adjust and change to man sooner. To me that is on Pettine. The change to man coverage did a world of good and our coaches did not recognize this until it was too late. In my opinion both schotty and Pettine should be fired.

And I also would like to know where was the mouthy Bart Scott when it was all on the line. He seemed invisible. Looked like our D was the one who couldnt stop the nose bleed in the first half. But hey were a good football team.

And I also would like to know where was the mouthy Bart Scott when it was all on the line. He seemed invisible. Looked like our D was the one who couldnt stop the nose bleed in the first half. But hey were a good football team.

The entire LB crew (Scott, Harris, Thomas, Pace, Taylor) played their worst ball the entire season in that first half.

So Rex gets the credit when we play great and petine gets the blame when we don't, ok

Yes that is what I said, No not quite but Rex has the full load and utimately the D coordinator is responsible for the defensive play. I dont know who was making the defensive calls in the first half but they should have recognized it and changed to man sooner. If that be Rex's responsibility or Pettine's but as I said that is the responsibility of the D coordinator.

I was watching the AFCCG and I was sitting there saying going deep to holmes or edwards. The jets did this one time in the second half and the result was a deep touchdown to Holmes. Now I do have to question if Schotty is the answer for us down the road. The only answer I can come up with is no. I also have to question that of the D coordinator though. That being Pettine, I know Rex loves him but in my opinion he is not the long term answer either. The Steelers made the D look like children playing in the back yard the entire first half. In the second half the defense changes to man to man and what happens. We started to get pressure on the QB. The switch to man to man defense shut the steelers down. My question has to be why wasnt this recognized earlier in the game and why didnt the jets adjust and change to man sooner. To me that is on Pettine. The change to man coverage did a world of good and our coaches did not recognize this until it was too late. In my opinion both schotty and Pettine should be fired.

I think the only reason this was open was due to the cornerback falling down at the beginning of the play. I think it was supposed to be a shorter route but Holmes switched it up when he saw Ike Taylor on the ground.

I think the only reason this was open was due to the cornerback falling down at the beginning of the play. I think it was supposed to be a shorter route but Holmes switched it up when he saw Ike Taylor on the ground.

I just felt that we should have gone deep more and I also thought the deep routes would be there especially in the first half since the steelers would have been expecting the ground and pound. They were focused on stopping our run in the first half. Just feel we should have opened it up when they were expecting run. But you know schotty expect the expected.

The playcalling on defense was not the problem in the first half. If guys are whiffing and not wrapping up on their tackles it means they were put in the position to stop the runner. If Mendenhall was running through giant lanes 5 yards wide or every receiver was open all day long, then you can call out the defensive coaches. On defense our guys tackled like girls in the first half.

Yes that is what I said, No not quite but Rex has the full load and utimately the D coordinator is responsible for the defensive play. I dont know who was making the defensive calls in the first half but they should have recognized it and changed to man sooner. If that be Rex's responsibility or Pettine's but as I said that is the responsibility of the D coordinator.

Rex has called the def for the past 2 years. Pettine is just Rex's lackey

Archived