Last Week Was Our Super Bowl

DireJet38

I disagree with this notion.

The Steeler defense is 2nd overall and 1st in points allowed. That's an excellent defense with a HOF coordinator. That's what led to the Jets early offensive struggles. Also, I never understood why the Jets insisted in running against the Steeler strength (up the middle).

As to defense, the problem with the tackling in the first half was that the Jets got JAG'd. The Jets have a lot of JAGs in the front 7. They played to their nature. They improved in the second half, but they still got JAG'd on the critical final possession.

The Jets need to up the talent level in the front 7 big time.

Don't laugh, but I think the renewed Pats/Jets rivalry may be great for football but horrid for the teams in the end. I think both teams are so into each others heads that they end up screwing themselves over.

45-3. You think BB pushed that a little? Yes.

Divison game - they use Woodhead more than BJGE who was averaging 5 yards a carry...hello....yah think they wanted to shove Woodhead's success down your throats? Yes.

Jets over the top trash talk of the Pats - a must, it appears, to get the Jets all riled up and ready for an azz-kickin'. Post game was a flurry of angry emotion. Fast forward to Champ game: Jets come out flatter than a pancake. Emotionally spent. Caught fire in the second half - too little too late.

Don't laugh, but I think the renewed Pats/Jets rivalry may be great for football but horrid for the teams in the end. I think both teams are so into each others heads that they end up screwing themselves over.

45-3. You think BB pushed that a little? Yes.

Divison game - they use Woodhead more than BJGE who was averaging 5 yards a carry...hello....yah think they wanted to shove Woodhead's success down your throats? Yes.

Jets over the top trash talk of the Pats - a must, it appears, to get the Jets all riled up and ready for an azz-kickin'. Post game was a flurry of angry emotion. Fast forward to Champ game: Jets come out flatter than a pancake. Emotionally spent. Caught fire in the second half - too little too late.

Good post, agree completely.. thought the same thing about Woodcock. Also add Brady in week 2 forcing it into Moss due to the slouch comments.

There's also no question in my mind we invested so much into last weeks game that it hurt this week. Should be interesting, will sanchez improve more then you defense or vice versa?

Archived