View posts in thread by a specific author

CTM

In the old forums, you could click on the # of posts and get a list of every poster (and # of posts) in the thread + a link to a search showing all that users posts in the thread. The new forum still has the popup with the # of posts, but I can't find a way to easily see just thier posts. It's a pretty important feature when digging through 100's of posts looking for scum. Anyone know how to do this on the new boards?

I was looking for this feature a few weeks back, but no such luck. Like you said, you can still get the post counts by user, but can't get to the posts related. The closest thing I was able to find was just doing a search by poster and just looking at all of their past posts list, but of course it won't filter it based on the thread. The good news is, you can filter it by forum so with us having the mafia forum now it makes life much easier.

If you just to the detailed search utility here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums (you can also get there by clicking the button to the right of the magnifying glass by the search bar at the top of the page).

Type in the posters name, have Forums radio button selected, Find in Forum: "Mafia Game Forum", then Click the Display results as posts radio button and search. Not as quick and easy as the old board, but it gets the job done.

I was looking for this feature a few weeks back, but no such luck. Like you said, you can still get the post counts by user, but can't get to the posts related. The closest thing I was able to find was just doing a search by poster and just looking at all of their past posts list, but of course it won't filter it based on the thread. The good news is, you can filter it by forum so with us having the mafia forum now it makes life much easier.

If you just to the detailed search utility here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums (you can also get there by clicking the button to the right of the magnifying glass by the search bar at the top of the page).

Type in the posters name, have Forums radio button selected, Find in Forum: "Mafia Game Forum", then Click the Display results as posts radio button and search. Not as quick and easy as the old board, but it gets the job done.

thanks.. good idea about the forum filter.. that makes it a lot more livable, i was in a panic thinking we didn't have that feature... also sent to max to see if he could help..

If you look at the list of all threads in the mafia forum, over under the "stats" column you can actually click on the # of responses and it will pop up a layer that gives you the post count info like the old board. It doesn't look like a link, but it is, just the numeral though.

If you look at the list of all threads in the mafia forum, over under the "stats" column you can actually click on the # of responses and it will pop up a layer that gives you the post count info like the old board. It doesn't look like a link, but it is, just the numeral though.

yeah, i know. On the old board the pop up had links in it on each persons post count. When you clicked on it, it showed that persons posts in the thread. Made it easy to review a single players posts in a game looking for inconsistancies

Archived