PSL for Lease

rowonejetfan

Don't worry I am not selling anything. I saw this ad on-line and it is a concept I never heard of guy is not selling his four seats he is leasing them for ten years. You pay him 130K over life of lease and you get to use seats for ten years and he includes tickets and parking for all ten years. He takes on ticket price and parking price increase.

What do you think? I wonder if this will be popular? Maybe I could lease my seats for PSL cost until they are paid off. Guess we will see all new types of deals.

Leasing might be great for some people. Or even some guy who has triplets who knows for next five years he can't make it but does not want to lose seats.

Here is the ad:I did not leave contact info as I am not selling anything.

Jets Season Tix for sale. 10 year contract. Section 115A Seats 1, 2, 3, 4. 28 yard line. Package includes Parking, All Home Games (including Pre-Season). PSL owned by seller. Asking $130k.

If theres nothing in the PSL contract about sub-leasing the PSL and the tickets he could do it. But in the same token its like leasing a car you pay all that money and own nothing in the end.

Maybe but just wondering if it is better for businesses, owning a PSL outright might be a different deduction than leasing. Also who owns it? Lets say you are a trader at Morgan Stanley with a three year contract, you decide to lease a PSL for three seasons and run it through T&E as a deductable expense. But if you buy the PSL how do you expense the PSL fee when you are really just paying off something that you own and the firm does not. Also why would Morgan Stanley want to buy a PSL that is not the type of asset they want on their books.

Just saying, if allowed I can have my cake and eat it too. Less work than selling individual games.

Don't worry I am not selling anything. I saw this ad on-line and it is a concept I never heard of guy is not selling his four seats he is leasing them for ten years. You pay him 130K over life of lease and you get to use seats for ten years and he includes tickets and parking for all ten years. He takes on ticket price and parking price increase.

What do you think? I wonder if this will be popular? Maybe I could lease my seats for PSL cost until they are paid off. Guess we will see all new types of deals.

Leasing might be great for some people. Or even some guy who has triplets who knows for next five years he can't make it but does not want to lose seats.

Here is the ad:I did not leave contact info as I am not selling anything.

Jets Season Tix for sale. 10 year contract. Section 115A Seats 1, 2, 3, 4. 28 yard line. Package includes Parking, All Home Games (including Pre-Season). PSL owned by seller. Asking $130k.

Whoever takes this offer is an idiot. Those are regular psl seats with a current face value of $140 and current parking value of $25

Figure over the next 10 years parking will really only increase by $5 bucks so figure 30 for all 10 years for the sake of ease, that is 10 games x 10 = 3,000. Subtract that from 130,000 and you have 127,000 and divide that by 400 tickets (100 games, 4 seats per) and you have a per game ticket price of 317.15, or 177.15 more than current face.

Tossing around a few numbers in my head, a person could pretty much just buy the psl themselves, it would cost pretty much as much over the course of the 10 years and you would still own the psl for the possible next 20 years of stadium life left after the first 10 years.

If theres nothing in the PSL contract about sub-leasing the PSL and the tickets he could do it. But in the same token its like leasing a car you pay all that money and own nothing in the end.

what do you really own with psl's? As soon a$$ they build a new stadium you'll have to pay again, I know not for while, but it will happen within many of our lifetimes.... not to mention that you don't even have rights to the seats for non jets events..

what do you really own with psl's? As soon a$$ they build a new stadium you'll have to pay again, I know not for while, but it will happen within many of our lifetimes.... not to mention that you don't even have rights to the seats for non jets events..

Nothing but the honor of bragging about it. I dont own one or plan on owning one unless of course I win the lottery.

Nothing but the honor of bragging about it. I dont own one or plan on owning one unless of course I win the lottery.

I was all set to buy one, until i found out game day tickets for the seats i was choosing between were either 400 or 700.. I have 2 little girls and absolutely wouldn't go to 10 games a year anytime in the near future. So i wanted to sell the tickets to 5-7 games a year, but I just couldn't imagine anyone paying that much at stub hub, particularly if the team stnks. I couldn't afford to eat several grand a year in tickets on top of the psl

I was all set to buy one, until i found out game day tickets for the seats i was choosing between were either 400 or 700.. I have 2 little girls and absolutely wouldn't go to 10 games a year anytime in the near future. So i wanted to sell the tickets to 5-7 games a year, but I just couldn't imagine anyone paying that much at stub hub, particularly if the team stnks. I couldn't afford to eat several grand a year in tickets on top of the psl

Been there done that my days of eating tickets is over. I will buy on an as needed basis and pay the price I want to pay.

Been there done that my days of eating tickets is over. I will buy on an as needed basis and pay the price I want to pay.

that was my other thought.. thsi way, i canm just buy tickets on the cheap and try out all kinds of different seats, rather then being stuck around the same goobers everyweek

that was my other thought.. thsi way, i canm just buy tickets on the cheap and try out all kinds of different seats, rather then being stuck around the same goobers everyweek

you own nothing with a PSL it is a lease, that is why you can sub-lease it. Slightly off topic the day senior season ticket holders got to select it was at original pricing and only "cheap" PSLs were Mezz A and LL EZ the rest were expensive and required 20% down. Given lots of people don't like PSLs or EZ seats UD was way to go. Sadly I see on another thread TGG the very first person to pick seats at time picked a corner EZ under cover, what a horrible choice. Seats in that section later got reduced to $2,500. That day he could of had row one in the clubs $195 seats on aisle closest to $245 seats, row one TC,LGL or LSL or Row 4 UD Prime on the 50's. Selling seats before pricing was finalized was gambling. Look at folks stuck in 15K seats on Jets side or coaches club, or LL EZ corners, or 20k visitors sides or even Mezz A. Most would not have selected those seats pre-price cuts. Think of guy on aisle in 20K Jets seats one seat from 10K seats. Or guy on aisle in LLEZ 5k one seat from LLEZ 2.5k.

I work with three different guys who bought PSLs way back in early 2009 and all are extremely happy, why pure luck they all bought in sections that were later reduced.

I think sub-leasing may be big hit. Every super good PSL seat is sold. Business only want to take clients to good seats. They can lock in same seats for a season or more, can tax deduction. Plus some jet fan who lets say is transferred to Europe for three years can get a legally binding contract that XYZ company will pay X amount next three years regardless of how Jets do. If Jets were smart they would help organize this and charge a small fee.

Archived