Newbie Game

The Crusher

Be cool to set up a game for anyone from the main boards that have never experienced teh mafia goodness. Real basic game. I would even mod it if someone would help me. Fat and teh lazy am I. Be a good idea get more people to play teh mafia. Our theme games are kinda tuff to take in.

If you want to be in charge of flavor and theme, I'll help you mod it. I'll be running a game here soon, so I should get my feet wet again beforehand.

No theme just vanilla mafia. So people can have fun and learn at the same time. Had an idea for a Steve, Sal, Glenn and Joe game but that would be themed mafia. About a overzealous Jet Fan, A surfing punk rocking business mogul, a big handsome ladies man, and a noodle dancing gheyhomoqueerbait. Still have some finer points to iron out in that one though. For this game just plain old Town vs Teh mafia.

No theme just vanilla mafia. So people can have fun and learn at the same time. Had an idea for a Steve, Sal, Glenn and Joe game but that would be themed mafia. About a overzealous Jet Fan, A surfing punk rocking business mogul, a big handsome ladies man, and a noodle dancing gheyhomoqueerbait. Still have some finer points to iron out in that one though. For this game just plain old Town vs Teh mafia.

OMG, I'm tearing up lmfao

No way! Themed and complicated games are the most exciting ones!

--The guy whose first game was the TV Land mind****...lol.

I agree. Big twists, posting restrictions, etc., all make things fun.

Btw, I'll be flying back to JFK tonight, and I'm in for the next game. I'll join this one if it gets up and running.

Also have an idea to mod one myself. I guess I'll get in line for that.

I agree. Big twists, posting restrictions, etc., all make things fun.

Btw, I'll be flying back to JFK tonight, and I'm in for the next game. I'll join this one if it gets up and running.

Also have an idea to mod one myself. I guess I'll get in line for that.

Agreed, although I think one small, quick and easy newbie game isn't a bad idea just to get people comfortable with the rules and how the game works. Like the early 9-person games Doggin started off running for us. Then we can go from there. Just to repost my thoughts from the thread of the football forum:

Not a bad idea to mix in some vets as well to help things along, and there's a good number of people who missed out on this current game (JVOR, Dan, Doggin) that are probably ready to jump right in. If there's enough interest quickly enough, might not even be a bad idea to get a smaller / quicker game rolling soon and once both games are done, try to get a bigger game rolling with everyone involved. Just my personal opinion, but it seems like once you get that first game under your belt and have a feel for how it works, a big game is usually a good way to go next. I just feel like it more often than not affords players the opportunity to stick around longer and also interact with more people. Some of our bigger games like TV Land and Star Wars seemed to attract more newer players who kept interest. Just a thought.

just play one big cluster eff game modded by the DPR... any new guys can just learn while they play. Klecko has played like 5 games and he still has no idea wtf he's doing.

While I don't think that's a bad idea, I figure we still have plenty of game to go over in the other thread, so if there's enough people interested run a quick 9 man game until the rest of us are ready to get the newbies warmed up. Either way, we've got to wait for that game to end to run a big game, so why have them just sitting around waiting?

While I don't think that's a bad idea, I figure we still have plenty of game to go over in the other thread, so if there's enough people interested run a quick 9 man game until the rest of us are ready to get the newbies warmed up. Either way, we've got to wait for that game to end to run a big game, so why have them just sitting around waiting?

fair enough.. i just thought the other game was pretty much wrapped up but no harm in a few days off for this one to end.

thaat's right.. i've got transformers figured out.

fair enough.. i just thought the other game was pretty much wrapped up but no harm in a few days off for this one to end.

thaat's right.. i've got transformers figured out.

Even if everyone in the game had it figured out, there would still be days worth of bickering and arguing to drag it out for at least another week. :P

Is this game gonna happen, or are we just gonna drag the couple newbs we have into the next big game?

I say we baptize them by fire - nobody "taught" me how to play, I just jumped in... and clearly I've learned nothing so far.

Well if we're just going to go right into the big game next, I'll throw my name into the modding hat. While I'd love to play in another big game, I have a second interview tomorrow and if all goes well, it's going to make playing that much more difficult.

Plus, I want to see if I can top Star Wars. :P

Well if we're just going to go right into the big game next, I'll throw my name into the modding hat. While I'd love to play in another big game, I have a second interview tomorrow and if all goes well, it's going to make playing that much more difficult.

Plus, I want to see if I can top Star Wars. :P

I feel a "Digruntled employee masterbating at his workstation" themed game cumming on.

How was the trip by the way?

Extended an extra day due to weather. I'm in SFO now waiting for my flight.

It's a great city. I'm an old hippie and dig the Haight, and the Telegraph section in Berkeley. Great food absolutely everywhere. I don't eat meat, and everything here caters to vegetarians.

Have this talkative, weirdo chick that I kinda sorta date here, though, and really don't know what to do about that. Definitely like her in smaller, more digestible doses. Having to stay the extra night almost killed me on that front laugh.gif but it was nice to have one more great weather day in the 60's before I go home and try to dynamite the ice from my driveway.

Extended an extra day due to weather. I'm in SFO now waiting for my flight.

It's a great city. I'm an old hippie and dig the Haight, and the Telegraph section in Berkeley. Great food absolutely everywhere. I don't eat meat, and everything here caters to vegetarians.

Have this talkative, weirdo chick that I kinda sorta date here, though, and really don't know what to do about that. Definitely like her in smaller, more digestible doses. Having to stay the extra night almost killed me on that front laugh.gif but it was nice to have one more great weather day in the 60's before I go home and try to dynamite the ice from my driveway.

Excellent. I've never been to San Fran, would like to go eventually. I actually just made my first West Coast trip ever last month for business. Definitely a different vibe from the North East.

If I were you, I'd have stayed even longer... its like end of days winter out here!

I'm working on a Godzilla themed game - I just pushed Pac to full retard in Transformers, I might want to mod next to take a break.

Godzilla, huh? Wouldn't JVOR have an unfair advantage in that game? :P

I had a few themes I've been kicking around as well. Some more suited for big cluster**** type games than others. For some bigger games I was thinking of possibilities like Back to the Future, Super Mario Bros., Pro-Wrestling, and one that I think could be an awesomely sick cluster**** of a game, Best of Quentin Tarantino :D. For smaller games I was thinking TMNT (yeah, I'm a big dork) or if we wanted to work in another football-themed one, go with NFL CBA Negotiations.

So ya think I've been thinking about this a little bit?

I had a few themes I've been kicking around as well. Some more suited for big cluster**** type games than others. For some bigger games I was thinking of possibilities like Back to the Future, Super Mario Bros., Pro-Wrestling, and one that I think could be an awesomely sick cluster**** of a game, Best of Quentin Tarantino :D. For smaller games I was thinking TMNT (yeah, I'm a big dork) or if we wanted to work in another football-themed one, go with NFL CBA Negotiations.

How about some Harry Potter pussy.

I find it sad you gots teh Godzilla and no love for teh King Kong? Don't seem right/.

Dude... its technically a Hensei themed game, but most people don't know what that is. Kong is in it, Mighty Joe Young... the primates, they be representin'

You need help.

Godzilla and Kung-Fu movies are teh 2 i've been kicking around... pun intended.

Archived