ENOUGH WITH THE SNOW!

visajets

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad mood? Two snow storms a week average may make me suicidal.

Hopefully I'll soon be out of this igloo town for a few days of sun and sand. That's my elixer!

Don't do it Chowderella.

If me and teh Baby Crusher lived closer we would shovel for you while you baked us cookies and pizza.

ThunderSnow 2011 crippled the Washington DC Area Wed.

I was caught in it.

A normally 20 min drive......took 9 1/2 hours.

Dear.

Lord.

Ugh.

WOW.. I can't even imagine how that's possible. were the roads just likea parking lot? 20 min in DC< is probably like 10 miles right? That's insane

WOW.. I can't even imagine how that's possible. were the roads just likea parking lot? 20 min in DC< is probably like 10 miles right? That's insane

Worse.

Slippery, ice & snow covered demolition derby fields.

Every small "hill" you never noticed the prior 20 years of living here.....turned into insurmountable obstacles of evil.

The roads looked like a snow-covered post-apocalyptic film set, cars scattered on the sides and lanes of the roads, abandoned, like dead soldiers after a particularly horrendous defeat.

Even the major interstates, once (if?) you could get to them, were like on-frozen-pond. Rear-wheel drive vehicles were skating like Nany Kerrigan on dope.

Fun times.

Worse.

Slippery, ice & snow covered demolition derby fields.

Every small "hill" you never noticed the prior 20 years of living here.....turned into insurmountable obstacles of evil.

The roads looked like a snow-covered post-apocalyptic film set, cars scattered on the sides and lanes of the roads, abandoned, like dead soldiers after a particularly horrendous defeat.

Even the major interstates, once (if?) you could get to them, were like on-frozen-pond. Rear-wheel drive vehicles were skating like Nany Kerrigan on dope.

Fun times.

wow.. i wonder if anyone took any good video... it's amazing how quickly what we take for granted breaks down

While I certainly didn't have it as bad as many of you, today we were expected to try to make it back into the office. I was on the road for two hours and ended up... back home. I made it about 5 of the 65 miles of my commute in about an hour, had the owner tell me to just head back home, and spent another hour doing that. Fun times.

The only good news was that when I got home, the parking spot I had to dig myself out of was still sitting there waiting for me.

While I certainly didn't have it as bad as many of you, today we were expected to try to make it back into the office. I was on the road for two hours and ended up... back home. I made it about 5 of the 65 miles of my commute in about an hour, had the owner tell me to just head back home, and spent another hour doing that. Fun times.

The only good news was that when I got home, the parking spot I had to dig myself out of was still sitting there waiting for me.

65 miles -- Hell that's one healthy commute. I have a friend who does 80 miles each way he lives closer to Austin then he does Houston. I thought I had it bad at 30 miles.

where r u?

so our town decided to widen the streets that they did a crap job plowing in the first place.. and then they decided to dump all this hard icy snow crap at the end of my driveway..

so i shovel.. lifting snow higher then i am tall.. after an hour, i call it a day.. and then i slip and fall on the ice.. and my arms are not as strong as they could be if i hadnt lifted pounds of snow for an hour.. so my face comes 2inches from the pavement..

yep.. gg is PISSED..

AND

we are suppose to get another 6+ inches on wednesday?????

there is no where left to put it.

my town looks like a corn maze with the snow being the walls..

OY!!!

old_1777338c.jpg

<rant over...for the moment>

:D:blink:

The plow operators are tired and weary. Many municipalities have cut the employees workforce in half. Speaking from experience theres only so much you can do. Alot of these guys are tired and over worked and no one cares. When the town I live in had the adequate employees the clean up was alot better. Many sidewalks owned by the town arent even cleaned, that says alot. Not to turn this into a poliitcal thread but the decisions being made in N.J arent the best for the taxpayers.

The plow operators are tired and weary. Many municipalities have cut the employees workforce in half. Speaking from experience theres only so much you can do. Alot of these guys are tired and over worked and no one cares. When the town I live in had the adequate employees the clean up was alot better. Many sidewalks owned by the town arent even cleaned, that says alot. Not to turn this into a poliitcal thread but the decisions being made in N.J arent the best for the taxpayers.

sigh.. i am not blaming the plow operators per se.. i just wish what they are doing now didnt impact me in such a negative way.

i am more mad at Mother Nature.. i would kick her ass if i saw her walking down the street. OY! :)

sigh.. i am not blaming the plow operators per se.. i just wish what they are doing now didnt impact me in such a negative way.

i am more mad at Mother Nature.. i would kick her ass if i saw her walking down the street. OY! :)

If they are plowing after the fact then you have an issue. People work hard to clear out driveway aprons so they can get up and get out to work. I refused to plow in driveways where people shoveled. Its just not right. Problem is the plow operators dont have a button to push as to who gets the snow and who doesnt. I hate plowing for this very reason.

If they are plowing after the fact then you have an issue. People work hard to clear out driveway aprons so they can get up and get out to work. I refused to plow in driveways where people shoveled. Its just not right. Problem is the plow operators dont have a button to push as to who gets the snow and who doesnt. I hate plowing for this very reason.

yes that is the issue.. they are trying to widen the road where they didnt plow previously

we got a dusting at best last night.. and i had over a foot of hard crusty snow chunks at the end of my driveway.

yes that is the issue.. they are trying to widen the road where they didnt plow previously

we got a dusting at best last night.. and i had over a foot of hard crusty snow chunks at the end of my driveway.

Call the Mayor and let them know how you feel. This sounds like a poor decision to widen the roads now after everyone has exhausted all that labor and time to clean up. Id be pissed myself.

I'd say your beef lies more with old man winter. Kick him in his snow balls! :)

I hope they are wrong but, the big one is supposed to hit here tomorrow and continue up towards the NE.

12 - 18 inches of snow with - 13 degrees (not wind chill) behind it.

....really, now, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. Up to another foot Tuesday thru Wednesday - mixed in with a little freezing rain and sleet....so the shoveling will be extra painful. I want to cry. I literally haven't much space to put snow. I'm not even sure I can lift heavy snow high enough - consistently - to get it where it needs to go. The snow banks adjecent to my walkways and driveway are almost as tall as I am. No Mas, Madre Naturaleza. No effin Mas!!!

SOLD OUT. The calm before the storm right now.

Watching the news up here today they had a guy on from some local place that sold 600 snow blowers yesterday. They are importing the things from Canada for goodness sakes!

Today wasn't too bad as we got about 8" of light fluffy stuff. Tomorrow is going to be bad as we are expecting snow, then a mix, then rain, and then more snow. It is going to be a disaster tomorrow.

Archived