Think of all the good points:

1-I would save $300 on the NFL package

2-we wouldn't have to be disappointed again

3-a year withOUT having to see the letters SOJ

4-a year away from all the GOB's posts about how bad we suck

5-We'd all have a lot more time to do other sh*t that needs to get done

6-they are all greedy bastards and eff them all anyway

7-Roger Goodell will only make a dollar

feel free to add your own...oh yea The Lounge will be hopping again like it used to

I wasn't thinking this exactly but i am losing my drive to watch pro-sports anymore. Football is the last one I pay attention to in any degree and even this...idk.

Talking with friends about who i would have cheared for had the Jets met the Packers in the super bowl, i clearly said Jets but would have wanted to watch in solitary...as i think about it more, i actually like the packers roster more than the jets but it's something about the laundry.

Is it just me or is it really hard to chear for Cromartie, Taylor, Holmes (with all his first down antics and everything else)...idk, i just don't like the players that much anymore.

I wasn't thinking this exactly but i am losing my drive to watch pro-sports anymore. Football is the last one I pay attention to in any degree and even this...idk.

Talking with friends about who i would have cheared for had the Jets met the Packers in the super bowl, i clearly said Jets but would have wanted to watch in solitary...as i think about it more, i actually like the packers roster more than the jets but it's something about the laundry.

Is it just me or is it really hard to chear for Cromartie, Taylor, Holmes (with all his first down antics and everything else)...idk, i just don't like the players that much anymore.

me too Matt-baseball is coming soon but I haven't been able to sit through a whole game without changing the channel for years-even my beloved Yankees. Basketball? forget about it-hockey? what's that? NASCAR-I tried a few years ago but talk about boring. It's the Jets or nothing and if there's no football this year I'll just start working on a new album or something-at this point I could care less if they reach an agreement or not.

One question to the board though; What would happen to the draft order NEXT year if there's no football this year. We ALL know who would end up with a top 3 pick if there was say a lottery drawing...

As with every season, I am very much looking forward to watching the Jets play their next Campaign, win or loss, failure or success.

It's such a part of my life to watch the Jets, root them on, and live in the community of fellow fans, I could never want there to be no football.

Obviously success is better and more fun, but I'd rather watch a losing season and enjoy every game, than have no football.

We would all move on. Also Goodell makes $15M a year regularly in just salary, who knows how much he makes with stock options, endorsements or other business ventures. He makes more than most of the players in the league, he won't be hurting. Most of them will also get $0.

Goodell's whole $1 bullsh*t is just another empty gesture in a long line of bullsh*t self serving decisions. The dude is absolute scum, somewhere near the level of BB and Kraft. He doesn't give two sh*ts about player safety or anything else, he's just a greedy bully. 18 games is for player safety, right Goodell? Destroying tapes of cheating is because nothing happened, right? Patriots probably kept the original copies anyway.

I was hoping we won the SB this year because I figured it'd be the last year the NFL will be as big as it is now. If there's a stoppage the fanbase will hemorrhage and it will probably take a Jets SB win over the Giants to get NY interested again. Hopefully they will at least cheat for us if that happens.

1994 no World Series -- They played half of an NBA season once and even canceled and entire NHL season. I did not miss any of those things when it happened and I won't miss a lost season of football -- It would suck donkey balls but I can find other things to do.

1994 no World Series -- They played half of an NBA season once and even canceled and entire NHL season. I did not miss any of those things when it happened and I won't miss a lost season of football -- It would suck donkey balls but I can find other things to do.

Poor Expos man, they had a great team.

BULLsh*t I miss NYJETS football already!

DITTO! I hate baseball since the dodgers left Brooklyn. I much perfer to have NFL football in all its splendor next season. I refuse to sell the Jets short. I think the defense will be receiving better players and will be dominant! I expect Sanchez to be better because of more experience1 No such thing as SOJ. That line of thinking is gone forever! Which SOJ team made the Championship game in two successive season? End of case!

As with every season, I am very much looking forward to watching the Jets play their next Campaign, win or loss, failure or success.

It's such a part of my life to watch the Jets, root them on, and live in the community of fellow fans, I could never want there to be no football.

Obviously success is better and more fun, but I'd rather watch a losing season and enjoy every game, than have no football.

This, this, a million times this. During the offseason I am absolutely tweaking out with no football to watch. I'm reading every last shred of news that's out there about draft prospects, rookie camps, OTAs, training camp, you name it, until football is back on. I even get excited when we finally get our first preseason action. Having no NFL season next year would suck beyond belief. Of course seeing the Jets lose sucks, but not seeing them at all would suck even worse. As the old saying goes, you have to be in it to win it, and if there's no NFL season than the Jets are even more of a lock to not win sh*t. Besides let's be honest, with the Jets luck, the year there is no football would be the same year they would have won it all if there were.

I agree with Fish, but a part of me wishes that the Lords of Football destroy the game and we never see the NFL again.

The reason being that I hate gluttony. This labor strife is 100% on the owners: the big market vs. the small market. The media, however, has deemed fit to cast the players in bad light for some reason.

The NFL has record revenues for revenue sharing--$ 9 billion, excluding the millions of dollars big market owners make in ancillary deals. Under the current CBA the players get 59% which only makes sense considering that the players are what make the teams. The owners, however, want to take $1 billion off the top and exclude it from revenue sharing. They want to use that money to help pay off stadium debt. But the big market owners don't want to put ancillary money they get into the revenue sharing pool, so they can keep that money for themselves. The owners also want to reduce player's salaries by 18%. In doing so, that would reduce the players' cut of the total revenues under 50%.

They are really going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. In that sense, they deserve the destruction of their sport.

And, the media says the players will cave. If they do the game will be far worse because of it. Seriously. The salary cap will be far reduced and a lot of players will have to be cut. Then there will be an 18 game season and there will be far more injuries.

How is that good for the game?

The hell with the owners, that POS Goodell and the NFL. I hope it ceases to exist.

Think of all the good points:

1-I would save $300 on the NFL package

2-we wouldn't have to be disappointed again

3-a year withOUT having to see the letters SOJ

4-a year away from all the GOB's posts about how bad we suck

5-We'd all have a lot more time to do other sh*t that needs to get done

6-they are all greedy bastards and eff them all anyway

7-Roger Goodell will only make a dollar

feel free to add your own...oh yea The Lounge will be hopping again like it used to

Only if you stay away for a year.

Archived