Christmas Lights - Has anyone taken them down?

rowonejetfan

I feel like White Trash. The weather is bad every weekend and my outside Christmas lights are still up and it is Feb. Am I the only one? I used to make fun of people with lights up this long after Christmas. Now I am one of those people!

I ain't climbing on my roof to take down lights when there's 2 feet of snow up there, and I see no reason to shovel my lawn to dig up the lawn decorations. I don't turn them on obviously, but this year is a little different because of the weather.

Most of the holiday decorations that are out there are trash right about know. All the more the reason to scale back on the decorations. Next year its a spot light and a wreath on the house for me anyway and I took mine down way before N.J became the North Pole. Good luck guys.

Took everything down except the inflatable Baby Jesus, Holy Family and 3 Wise Men who have been buried under ice and snow since 12/26 on the lawn. The kids built a snow fort on top of that. Figure Baby Jesus rises from the tundra in time for Easter.

Good thread, most people are royally screwed with their lights. My wife actually took ours down the week after Christmas. We had one storm, another one was in the forecast and she did it then. Who knew there would be like 10 more storms!

Archived