Mafia Season Mod Queue

So whats it based on and when are you starting it?

I'll get sign-ups together later today and shoot for an early next week start, unless people would prefer a longer break. I have a few theme ideas that I'm going between. The Pro Wrestling theme was one that got some attention, but I know Vic seemed really interested in possibly being involved in setting that up, so I figured I'd see what he's thinking and since I have a bunch of different ideas, I'd gladly hold off on that if he just wants to run it himself later. The other ideas I had come up with were Super Mario Bros, Back to the Future (although I think someone else mentioned this as well, so probably wouldn't), TMNT, and Best of Quentin Tarantino (which I thought could be an awesome cluster****).

I'll get sign-ups together later today and shoot for an early next week start, unless people would prefer a longer break. I have a few theme ideas that I'm going between. The Pro Wrestling theme was one that got some attention, but I know Vic seemed really interested in possibly being involved in setting that up, so I figured I'd see what he's thinking and since I have a bunch of different ideas, I'd gladly hold off on that if he just wants to run it himself later. The other ideas I had come up with were Super Mario Bros, Back to the Future (although I think someone else mentioned this as well, so probably wouldn't), TMNT, and Best of Quentin Tarantino (which I thought could be an awesome cluster****).

Well if you want some ideas:

- They Live (although probably not popular enough of a movie)

- Aliens

- Dark Knight with Batman being similar to the Witch in the Oz game

- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (love teh conversion games)

- 2 words: Menudo Mafia

Why aren't you playing Kleck? Still mad I smacked you around a couple times? Get back in there.

When did this miracle occur? I only ever played three times - once I cheated with Yellin, once I screwed up because I had no clue what I was doing and the third time I won.

I am way too busy with work right now to play.

My only Mafia-related goal for this year is to make a point to jump into each mafia game you play at least one time to remind everyone that you suck at this game.

• Upvote 1

Once we hit that stage where we don't know who wants to mod next, I will.

So far I've got...

Troy/Iliad theme

World War 3

Avengers

Pirates of the Caribbean

And possible, if theres interest: Starcraft

I'll start putting together outlines for each one and maybe 4-5 games down the line I can get my feet wet.

BG- All your ideas sound great I'd be excited to play any of them

Once we hit that stage where we don't know who wants to mod next, I will.

So far I've got...

Troy/Iliad theme

World War 3

Avengers

Pirates of the Caribbean

And possible, if theres interest: Starcraft

I'll start putting together outlines for each one and maybe 4-5 games down the line I can get my feet wet.

BG- All your ideas sound great I'd be excited to play any of them

All those would be sick -- especially Troy/Illiad and WW3. I'd love to see what you could do with something like that. I'm working on a LoTR theme myself. (and for what it's worth, I'd def. play Starcraft...but I'm a nerd :P)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that we know you really did have computer problems and got a shiny new Mac... its a great way to break it in!

Hahaha, yeah. Its been a really hectic couple of weeks, and I tried hard. I felt awful, and considered asking Doggin to look for a replacement a couple times. I look forward to a little break, and to be able to read from the outside. I've haven't fully followed along with a game I wasn't playing since EY's zombie game before I started playing

Our game will require a lot of bodies.

I would love nothing more than for Lily and DPR to get in on this. Maybe we can get in touch with Naeann, Woody, and the others we've missed this year. We could always try EY, though he's kinda like Barry Sanders at this point. Everyone knows he's going to say no, but he's always asked anyway :P

I've considered sending Brooklyn a PM, as I've seen him watching a lot but maybe a vanilla game is better for someone new...unless they're as crazy as 80.

Doggin will you be able to play?