Mafia Season Mod Queue

So I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm concerned it's going to take me at least a couple weeks to get into the flow of things to feel comfortable modding a game. Does someone want to mod a game before me or do you guys need a break? 

So I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm concerned it's going to take me at least a couple weeks to get into the flow of things to feel comfortable modding a game. Does someone want to mod a game before me or do you guys need a break? 

I don't have a set theme right yet but I can jump in if we need a game.

But...I have a feeling there might need to be a bit of a break.  Y'all just let me know

Is a theme needed?

I dunno about anyone else but I've really enjoyed some of the mashup games we've been doing lately.

I feel like it takes a lot of pressure off the mod and the players to play the game within the game.

You know? Luke is always town and will probably be cop or doc or some equally important power role, Darth Vader will always be mafia, etc, etc.

With mash ups it seems like no one worries too much about that sh*t anymore. They just play and have fun. Yeah it kills the epic theme feel but I think it results in it's own kind of very good gametype.

I toyed with a Marvel alternate universe idea that would actually combat exactly what you're talking about -- so and so is always town and that guy is always scum.

I'd have free reign to make my own story with whatever characters are involved, character claims mean nothing, so on and so forth.

I also thought about some story line specific super hero games (an X-Men story line with the popularity of the movie coming out for example).  Just trying to do something that allows for the longer scenes/stories.  I know some people don't care one way or another but we do have some still that really enjoy theme so I wanted to go in that direction if possible.

I think I pretty much don't care.

I love great themes.

I love mashup themes.

I love games with no theme.

JUST GIVE ME MORE MAFIA DAMNIT!*

*still on hiatus though so don't make any plans around my opinions

You guys should run some basic setup games. Let the noobs work on their logic and scum hunting. Minimal roles and setup complications is still the most fun, it puts all the emphasis on reading and maneuvering.

It doesn't have to be completely vanilla but lesd complicated than a dpr game.

I can do that if I get help with vcs

You or me either one, up to you. Y'all just let me know...I can throw together a basic setup pretty quickly, I'd assume.

If you're ready to roll now, I'll make sure to be around enough to do frequent VCs. Either way we're covered.

You or me either one, up to you. Y'all just let me know...I can throw together a basic setup pretty quickly, I'd assume.

If you're ready to roll now, I'll make sure to be around enough to do frequent VCs. Either way we're covered.

Lets catch up on FB and decide. 

I retired from teh mafia. It sucks.  CTM ruined it. He ruins everything!  Go play at DM.  Tell them Boo boo sent ya.

We just need CTM to play so he and Ape can blow each other for 2 weeks while the rest of us figure sh-t out.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

If, at the end of the month, everyone wants to play one more big game (and no one else wants to mod one) I'll plan on a breaking bad theme. I'll be unavailable the next 2-3 weeks, then we're knocking on the door of training camp so idk if it'll work or not...but just throwing that out there.

If, at the end of the month, everyone wants to play one more big game (and no one else wants to mod one) I'll plan on a breaking bad theme. I'll be unavailable the next 2-3 weeks, then we're knocking on the door of training camp so idk if it'll work or not...but just throwing that out there.

Do you go to TC? I passed through Cortland last night as a matter of fact.

Do you go to TC? I passed through Cortland last night as a matter of fact.

I live down in NC, but was originally making plans for my first trip up there this year.  Highly doubt it's going to work out, but still trying.