Sign in to follow this  
Vicious89x

Mafia Season Mod Queue

Not getting in line but just curious, how many people here would be interested in a game with an X Files theme?

Not getting in line but just curious, how many people here would be interested in a game with an X Files theme?

yes

I have a game in sign ups on DM if anyone wants to venture over there.

I'd be happy to co-mod with you in a QT. It would be a good learning experience I think.

I'd be happy to co-mod with you in a QT. It would be a good learning experience I think.

I would but I actually have a co-mod already.

You can hang out in the dead thread with us when it starts if you like though?

I would but I actually have a co-mod already.

You can hang out in the dead thread with us when it starts if you like though?

Yeah def

Ok screw it I have an idea for a silly game, gonna make sign ups and see how many we can get.

Would anyone be interested in playing if I run a game? I usually do standard games with some kind of twist. Nothing too fancy. Small game of about 11-12 players. Or less if there aren't enough around.

Sweet. Tom said he could play too. Is it okay to start a sign up thread to see interest or is there someone else in line to run a game?

It seems people are kind of down on traditional mafia right now so I've been cooking up a bit of an alternative game. Does anyone remember Leelou's What I'm thinking of is sort of like that, although I think it more closely resembles traditional mafia than hers. It's going to be a game where some people have true information, some have false, and most have their own agenda. It would need 9 people I think. Is there any interest in this sort of thing?

It seems people are kind of down on traditional mafia right now so I've been cooking up a bit of an alternative game. Does anyone remember Leelou's What I'm thinking of is sort of like that, although I think it more closely resembles traditional mafia than hers. It's going to be a game where some people have true information, some have false, and most have their own agenda. It would need 9 people I think. Is there any interest in this sort of thing?

I would say the mood is down on experimental actually and that traditional is sorely missed

The mood is simply down on Mafia period.  Until we can get the old guard to show up consistently, or add some new life not from DM, it just isn't quite as fun as it was.

The mood is simply down on Mafia period.  Until we can get the old guard to show up consistently, or add some new life not from DM, it just isn't quite as fun as it was.

I don't think it matters if the people are from DM or not. I mean we like to joke around about DM people and there's a reason for that, a lot of people from DM are...they play mafia in a different way. I really don't know if they care less or if they're lazy or if it is something else altogether but they just play mafia at a way different wavelength than most other places. That said, jokes aside, there are people from DM who have been fine additions to JN mafia. No need to toot my own horn there are plenty of other examples. Hell Lily, Leelou, Verbal, etc were all here before me. Nyn has been scary good lately. Even Hallia is fine when she doesn't get busy and ditch games. It's not the place it's the people. It just so happens that more of "those people" are on DM than other places.

Anyway I guess it doesn't matter much.

Pretty much anyone willing to try to make the jump to JN mafia has already done so.

DM is a dry well to recruit from I think.

If I may make a suggestion? Tom's friend Cory told me once that his "mafia home" forum was another football forum.

Apparently they're dying as well and only play around once a month or so. Perhaps we could arrange a game with them and see what happens. It could turn out really sh*tty. Maybe they'll just be sputtering retards or Ape like levels of arrogance with none of the monkey charm but it could also breathe new life into both communities.

Worth exploring? Thoughts?

I would say the mood is down on experimental actually and that traditional is sorely missed

This.  I've said so numerous times. 

I don't think it matters if the people are from DM or not. I mean we like to joke around about DM people and there's a reason for that, a lot of people from DM are...they play mafia in a different way. I really don't know if they care less or if they're lazy or if it is something else altogether but they just play mafia at a way different wavelength than most other places. That said, jokes aside, there are people from DM who have been fine additions to JN mafia. No need to toot my own horn there are plenty of other examples. Hell Lily, Leelou, Verbal, etc were all here before me. Nyn has been scary good lately. Even Hallia is fine when she doesn't get busy and ditch games. It's not the place it's the people. It just so happens that more of "those people" are on DM than other places.

Anyway I guess it doesn't matter much.

Pretty much anyone willing to try to make the jump to JN mafia has already done so.

DM is a dry well to recruit from I think.

If I may make a suggestion? Tom's friend Cory told me once that his "mafia home" forum was another football forum.

Apparently they're dying as well and only play around once a month or so. Perhaps we could arrange a game with them and see what happens. It could turn out really sh*tty. Maybe they'll just be sputtering retards or Ape like levels of arrogance with none of the monkey charm but it could also breathe new life into both communities.

Worth exploring? Thoughts?

Bring them on.  Lets get some new blood in here.  I think the old guard has changed for good.  Time to usher in a new era.  I'll make them feel right at home.

Bring them on.  Lets get some new blood in here.  I think the old guard has changed for good.  Time to usher in a new era.  I'll make them feel right at home.

I'll see if I can facilitate if enough people here are interested. Particularly want Crushers thoughts what with him being our emo head moderator and whatnot.

Also maybe we'll want to wait a couple weeks for Leelou? I think she said she was visiting Texas.

Also might help JC clear up his work schedule a bit too.

Nyn has been scary good lately.

I was good all along, it was just a secret.  >.>

:winking0001:

Even though I want a break, I'd play if you could pull that off. 

Even though I want a break, I'd play if you could pull that off. 

If this were organized I'd think it would be at least a month before it happens. I think you'll be able to have somewhat of a break between now and if/when this happens.

Just to drop my two cents, as someone who has pried at the old guard to play in multiple games in the past 6 months...this is right on.  Lot's of that crew just doesn't have the time they used to have and I don't see that changing any time soon.  You'll probably still see some of them (Dan, JVoR, BG, etc) every now and then but who really knows.

Doesn't mean you guys can't have fun playing here by any means -- lots of great players, still a mix of the old guard and some new faces.  Doesn't hurt that this is a huge forum with an owner that gives the mafia crew pretty much free reign (props to Max and Crush, as always).  

I think about when I first started playing (3rd or 4th game here) and of all the players playing then...a good number of those aren't even considered the "old guard" now!  My point is there is a good base here with great players and even better people.  This place doesn't need the old guard to be fun and awesome

I'll see if I can facilitate if enough people here are interested. Particularly want Crushers thoughts what with him being our emo head moderator and whatnot.

Also maybe we'll want to wait a couple weeks for Leelou? I think she said she was visiting Texas.

1.  Appreciate your candor and willingness to bring more concentrated players to JN mafia.

2.  My schedule is my schedule...rough to post during daytime...but I make effort or at least I think I make effort to post every 24 hours or so...not apologizing just acknowledge I cannot post like I have in the past.

3.  JN is like my mafia home court...feel comfortable here...but like playing at DM as well...plus a couple of others...

4.  Can play here or anywhere...encourage all comers...detest the players who do not play logically...but even then...I can you accommodate...with a quick day 1 lynch.

5.  I'll play when the next game starts.

detest the players who do not play logically...but even then...I can you accommodate...with a quick day 1 lynch.

Ouch! lol

Ouch! lol

That's my shout out to those Mods who would include Darthe in any game...you my dear...like fine wine...i appreciate more with every sip.

Why, thank you. And I agree about Darthe, but maybe not for the same reason. 

1.  Appreciate your candor and willingness to bring more concentrated players to JN mafia.

2.  My schedule is my schedule...rough to post during daytime...but I make effort or at least I think I make effort to post every 24 hours or so...not apologizing just acknowledge I cannot post like I have in the past.

3.  JN is like my mafia home court...feel comfortable here...but like playing at DM as well...plus a couple of others...

4.  Can play here or anywhere...encourage all comers...detest the players who do not play logically...but even then...I can you accommodate...with a quick day 1 lynch.

5.  I'll play when the next game starts.

Yeah man I know you put effort in when you can.

I'm guessing, were this to happen, we'd be the away team. But I can't say for sure.

I've never played with these guys aside from one or two so I don't know them that well.

WF mafia is larger than your current userbase and are also very stubborn, they'd be hosting probably.

• Downvote 2

Crusher does whatever his muffin top wants.

Just to drop my two cents, as someone who has pried at the old guard to play in multiple games in the past 6 months...this is right on.  Lot's of that crew just doesn't have the time they used to have and I don't see that changing any time soon.  You'll probably still see some of them (Dan, JVoR, BG, etc) every now and then but who really knows.

Doesn't mean you guys can't have fun playing here by any means -- lots of great players, still a mix of the old guard and some new faces.  Doesn't hurt that this is a huge forum with an owner that gives the mafia crew pretty much free reign (props to Max and Crush, as always).  

I think about when I first started playing (3rd or 4th game here) and of all the players playing then...a good number of those aren't even considered the "old guard" now!  My point is there is a good base here with great players and even better people.  This place doesn't need the old guard to be fun and awesome

Agreed.  We already kind of do have a new era as those guys have come and gone...and its solid!  I like the crew we have...but it will continue to be difficult to get games going if we dont recruit a little.  Which I'm good with.