Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

Jif and Integ seemed to make a big deal about angry mob, and I'm pretty sure JiF was claiming that he thought that it meant they were the same.

I'm I wrong?

Dude... what are you not getting? JIF and I are "members of an angry mob" that is our role, just like saying "cop" and we win with the town, which makes us "town aligned" because Lily isn't going to write "angry mob, wins with the town" in the death scene - cause you don't win when your dead.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I can see how vig seems like an awesome role if the vig is as accurate as you, haha. I entirely lucked out when I was vig in the Thing game and killed Slats and I28 the respective nights they were converted, thinking they had been converted earlier than they were. Then in DPR's game I had one shot that I had to use N1 or lose it, and I wrongly chose to kill Vic, who was town. Overall, the vig role makes me nervous for the town, especially this early on.

Didn't you kill me when I was town in the Star Wars game, too?

Hey Ape-boy, I figure you can shoot at Dan if you want, or you and Dan can both shoot at me. Doesn't matter. I'm working this weekend, but I was planning on bringing in my guitar and annoying my co-workers, anyway. I have some episodes of Peep Show and Shameless to watch, too.

When do we start voting on our next room? I want to pick one where the monkey can get killed.

Well, full disclosure, I'm torn, because when I read your posts I can really tell how hard you're trying and I feel it's genuine. I'm thinking the monkey is good. But then if I try to think game set up and Lily, she how in her write up she has "angry mob, town aligned"...well why put "town aligned"? You guys have the same power so in my mind wouldn't there be a good guy and bad guy ya know ying yang thing? Sorry, cause now scum will probably NK me to try and frame you if you are town, which I've felt the whole game you were. My bad.

...and just so you know Integ I say this all at night bc a) it just hit me for some reason, the idea that is and b. I've grown a little frustrated with this game and have a bit of a bad attitude ie I'm in a don't give a sh*t kinda mindframe right now.

I always try to remember to give alignment. There was some question as to the alignment of the role, so I cleared it up. No more. No less. Of course, that still tells you nothing, I know.

Pretty sad that Daney is gone!! *tear*

Everyone vote Library! lol

I do get what people are saying when questioning the "town aligned" thing, it may or may not mean there are angry mob who are mafia aligned too. I don't think we should read too much into that for now, it's probably just the alignment like mods normally put. But it is a good thing to file away for future reference.

holeeeey sh-t I've got a Barm sighting.. currently viewing thread 2/9 8:18 EST..

Yeah yeah, I'm back. Been reading this mess you guys call a thread. In any case, I am gone to work for about 10-11 hours a day, and on Tuesday evening after I got out I wasn't home all evening, then on Wednesday I crashed really early, cause tired.

In any case, having read all that, I would have voted JiF as well. And for now since its night, I assume we can vote for rooms again.

Vote: Library

Dude... what are you not getting? JIF and I are "members of an angry mob" that is our role, just like saying "cop" and we win with the town, which makes us "town aligned" because Lily isn't going to write "angry mob, wins with the town" in the death scene - cause you don't win when your dead.

I always try to remember to give alignment. There was some question as to the alignment of the role, so I cleared it up. No more. No less. Of course, that still tells you nothing, I know.

Got it.

Hey Ape-boy, I figure you can shoot at Dan if you want, or you and Dan can both shoot at me. Doesn't matter. I'm working this weekend, but I was planning on bringing in my guitar and annoying my co-workers, anyway. I have some episodes of Peep Show and Shameless to watch, too.

When do we start voting on our next room? I want to pick one where the monkey can get killed.

Great show, i missed the first few episodes of the new season and they are no longer online

Um, yes, you do. The whole team, alive or dead, wins.

today was a fukin' dumpster fire. I just hurt my brain reading through all that crapola.

- I don't understand why keeping both of these claimed roles is good for the town. If they both live tonight there's a good chance one or both of them die or they shoot wildly into the crowd and kill a couple townies.

- I do see the logic of confirming one of our roles via lynch and removing a player from the lynch pool. Especially in the case of these 2 who like living dangerously and will always be lynch candidates.

- I DON'T see the point of starting another train and having another person claim. It's pretty clear to me from the way people are posting that there are more roles out there. Every other train besides JiF or I28 would require 7-9 people to switch their votes and all agree on the same person in the next 2 hours and 45 minutes. Not gonna happen.

- I don't trust JVoR OR VIC. Vic voting JVoR and peacing out is lame because that lynch simply is not happening today.

I WANT TO KILL BARM....... but that's not happening either.

I think we can achieve a few things by killing one of our angry mob... we confirm the other, don't cause another 11th hour reveal, end some drama (real or perceived), and most importantly end this ridiculous day 1.

VOTE JIF

if you're who you say you are sorry bro but times almost up and I just don't see an alternative.

This, on every level

Great show, i missed the first few episodes of the new season and they are no longer online

I downloaded six seasons of Peep Show, and the first two seasons of Shameless. Good stuff. People upset about Sanchez's dating habits would be very upset about Frank Gallagher's.

oh, and...

vote: Billiard Room

Please vote on thread for tomorrow's room.

Thanks for the reminder, Slats! ;)

Ok, FINALLY all caught up and here are my thoughts:

Jetscode - Honestly, I didn't exactly understand what caused him to catch as much heat as he did, but given a cop reveal, there's obviously no reason to pursue that further. Some of the reactions to his reveal were interesting, and I don't see any reason in the world somebody would think a counterclaim or lynch of JC was even slightly a good idea.

CTM - I think Wwwwwwombat's case is non-existent, but I'm not particularly thrilled with his reaction to JC's reveal. I've read his explanation over a bunch of times, and still don't understand how even without a roleblocker his stance makes any sense. Definitely agreeing more with JVOR's points there.

I28 - At first I didn't find his act to be too overly scummy (at least no more so than usual). After all, he acts like a batsh*t crazy ape no matter what, whether he's town and I of course still saw it as his teammate last game. That said, his reveal absolutely reeks to me. I'm not sure what about that role is even slightly pro-town. Consider that it's generally considered best practice for a vig to holster as much as possible, because you're that much more likely to kill town than scum, and now we're meant to believe he's forced to submit a kill on night one or possibly die himself? He either got saddled with the worst "pro-town" role in history or he's completely full of it. Honestly, at this point I feel more inclined to think this is one of those instances where a scum or third party tries to take facts from their real role and try to play it into a town friendly role as a means to try to use it as evidence later when it turns out they can do what they said they can do. I know I pulled that move as Sylar in the TV Land game and have seen plenty of others do it as well. That, and I see very little downside in his lynch. Even if he's telling the truth, we end up with pretty much an even trade, by saving another likely-town death by his hand, which could end up having a much more important role.

Unvote

Vote I28

Agree with you on the counterclaim discussion. I like your points on Integrity's role as well, although it seems very limited for a SK and I'm not sure exactly how it would fit into a scum team. But it sounds like this is the kind of game where guessing what kinds of roles exist would be pointless because Lily is probably including a lot of interesting things I've never played with at least.

skimming and I'd like to reveal as well..

tonight there's a 42% chance I'm getting laid and a 10% chance my partner dies during climax.

Hehe. Also, a bit interesting that as I'm reading I feel like I'm seeing so little game-related content from you, but you somehow pop in at the right moment to make a joke. Maybe it was coincidental timing from when you were checking in. I'm also not reading as carefully as I want to so I would need to reread your posts as a whole for a clearer idea on you.

Yeah it was mostly fake. Was having fun. Sorry

But I really do h8 that arrogant **** JVOR. He's a little know it all bitch who makes up fake accounts of girls he claims he dates to show off for a bunch of dbags that could care less. So that part was genuine, hes a fag that I can't stand. Athena of mafia homofagqueer bait. Hate that ****. But whatevs. I won't late my hate for his know it all stand in the way of my love for the mafia.

Unvote i28

Vote Jvor

Sorry lily on phone can't highlight. Will try later if I can. Hopefully u will let this count

:( I know you guys like to insult each other left and right, but this seems unnecessarily mean-spirited. I hope it's for show.

I'm almost 15 pages behind. Was in the hospital yesterday for dehydration, tried to peek in a couple times but there was too much to catch up on. It's going to be a while, but I'm working on it.

Feel better!! I was wondering where you have been.

Show me where I said something mean about his supposed gf. Just question the validity. If she's real, she's a very sweet girl and JVOR did well for an a$$hole. You might be a chick for all I know.

I'm not offended that you think I'm not real. I did pretend to be a guy for a while, hehe. I don't mind if you want to think I'm a fictional person, although I promise the pictures I let you guys see were actually me and not some random person, because that would have been completely skeevy of me.

I downloaded six seasons of Peep Show, and the first two seasons of Shameless. Good stuff. People upset about Sanchez's dating habits would be very upset about Frank Gallagher's.

oh, and...

vote: Billiard Room

Link for season 6? the first 5 were great..

This, on every level

I'm on the west coast. I keave work at 4 and gym Till 530 Sorry this game is low on my priorities and frankly i am not going to toss my vote on something because the mighty doggin said so.

Was I alone on JVOR? nope. I will refrain on sharing my personal feelings on you and say perhaps think before being so sure of yourself.

Of course you do. If your team wins - you win.

Room vote:

Library (1) – Barm, Song

Study (1) – Wombat

Ballroom (2) – Brett, BG

Billiard Room (2) – Slats, CTM

I won't be able to get to my PMs for a bit. I have another errand to run shortly. If I missed your vote, just let me know.

I'm on the west coast. I keave work at 4 and gym Till 530 Sorry this game is low on my priorities and frankly i am not going to toss my vote on something because the mighty doggin said so.

Was I alone on JVOR? nope. I will refrain on sharing my personal feelings on you and say perhaps think before being so sure of yourself.

Huh? All I was saying was that a vote on JVoR at that point was a waste - there was no way enough people were going to move there before deadline.

That said, remember how I once said you had a scumtell? You just did it again. Every game I've played with you where you were scum, you've sparked a personal fight between us. I'd say that's 'cause you actually don't like me in real life . . . but you never do it when you're town, and you're a pretty cool dude in general. It's also odd that you'd do this after berating JiF for making things personal with JVoR.

i'd laugh and it would be totally in character for dan x to show up and drop a vote on jvor now..

Haha! I don't think I'm that cruel ... :)

Voting JiF because of his tirade on JVOR alone? Stupid. Voting JiF on his overall sloppy and disingenuous playing, apparently above and beyond what we could expect out of him on Day 1? Smart.

Agreed - I think the votes should be based on play (as much as possible), not on circumstances such as these. I realize it can be hard to separate the two, and it helps I'm reading this later rather than in the moment.

Ugh, dont think you should have revealed that part...but I'm part of this "mob" too. Hence why I've been saying, I dont think we are the only ones...which again points right at Hess/JVOR, people who were trying to figure out more about my role.

Honestly, didnt think it would have such a backlash. I just said I didnt like someone obviously sensationalizing for effect, but whatevs. You never know how some people are going to respond to sh*t...which is why I really dont give a ****.

JiF's ability to replace someone may work with I28's non-immediate killing ability, as a way of possibly fixing mistakes?

If only one of them is lying, it would have to be JiF - no way I28 blind-squirreled his way into fake-claiming a role that was both that complex and actually in the game.

Yeah, plus we haven't played any games here with "angry mobs" (at least I don't think so), so I doubt Integrity would make that up on his own.

Guhhh taking so long to catch up, and there's an hour until the deadline so I'll probably try to rush ahead now. Pages keep appearing as I'm reading, which sucks even more.

Huh? All I was saying was that a vote on JVoR at that point was a waste - there was no way enough people were going to move there before deadline.

That said, remember how I once said you had a scumtell? You just did it again. Every game I've played with you where you were scum, you've sparked a personal fight between us. I'd say that's 'cause you actually don't like me in real life . . . but you never do it when you're town, and you're a pretty cool dude in general. It's also odd that you'd do this after berating JiF for making things personal with JVoR.

Then ******* lynch me tomorrow so I can laugh at your expense of how the ALL MIGHTY DOGGIN was wrong. Again.

I'm with Hess. I'm just tired of the game. And it drives me mad that song did the same thing yet, oh Vic is scum. Lynch me tomorrow. I won't even fight it.

I believe him about 99%. Here is why:

The part in bold blue - assuming his role was worded the same way as mine, I was confused as well. It was worded funny, I typed out a PM to Lily to ask her to clarify and then it clicked and I got it. So this to me, tells me he read basically the same PM as me.

The part in bold purple - this is another part of the role, that I chose to leave out - because I had already guessed in convo with Lily that there was more than just me in this "angry town mob."

I am still aggressively putting my cases and votes out there because, despite Slat's faggy crying, I have to decide what to do with this one-shot. If I was desperate to save my hide, I'd consider voting JIF, but I gleaned enough from his reveal to trust it. Yes, he hasn't been paying attention and has contradicted himself, but his reveal resonates as legit with me.

Aha this clarifies JiF a little more for me. I was confused when he said he dies in someone's place, never mind my last post. My head is swimming from so much reading.

Then ******* lynch me tomorrow so I can laugh at your expense of how the ALL MIGHTY DOGGIN was wrong. Again.

I'm with Hess. I'm just tired of the game. And it drives me mad that song did the same thing yet, oh Vic is scum. Lynch me tomorrow. I won't even fight it.

I really don't understand this?

Is anybody enjoying the game?

I am! Don't really understand what all this is about, it's the second game

That's cool - I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. If that makes you feel good . . . I can live with that. And if I'm wrong, I'll just learn from my mistake, and next time you're acting like a dick in a game, I won't assume it's because you're scum, and instead I'll just assume it's because you're a dick.

But that's a pretty big reason why I hope I'm not wrong - I've always thought you were a good guy, and I'd hate to have to rethink that.

Archived