Clue Mafia - Game on!

Lily

I believe it is altogether possible that scum knew the kitchen had an event trigger. I also believe they could have known how it worked. I don't necessarily believe they all voted for the kitchen though. Looking at the discussion of the game setup today, and the people perpetuating it... CTM, Slats, Jetfan80, Song... Seems odd to me that the almost too perfect setup question and answer from slats to JF80 is what set off the event. And now here they are trying to steer us toward thinking scum voted for kitchen...

Cool!

VOTE: JiF

Lily, who's in this game and how many does it take to lynch? And why did the scum want to come to the kitchen so badly?

Thanks!

Because that's where the most knives are with which to stab one in the back. Duh.

Other than Slats and JF80, nobody brought up "ways of dying" except Pac:

How you gonna leave me hangin?

If you insist on engaging me I will be forced to thrash you.

Since Slats has been the most "out of character" in his play today, and I don't like the steering towards lynching off the kitchen vote train, and the fact that he served up that meatball pitch to JF80... I will

UNVOTE

VOTE SLATS

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted CTM instead of Song or slats because he seemed to me to be pushing the kitchen discussion harder. I'll be sitting out the kitchen discussion in favor of trying to find scum.

I think CTM warrants keeping an eye on... however, knowing how he rolls he could just as easily be seeing who jumps on and supports this nonsense after he nudges it.

So what have we learned today?

1) The scum in all likelihood had no idea what would trigger the kitchen death.

2) Its possible the scum had some idea that someone could die in the kitchen.

3) Its also possible they know what will happen in other rooms.

Re-examining some of my fellow kitchen voters may be in order.

Nudge, nudge, nudge... there's at least one kitchen voter I am suspicious of... guess who.

Cool story I28. Hate to break it to ya that you're reaching though.

"Cool story" is about the least effective dismissive phrase you could have used here.

So what you are saying is, you want to lead the town towards scrutinizing the kitchen voters list - so long as your name doesn't come up.

"Cool story" is about the least effective dismissive phrase you could have used here.

So what you are saying is, you want to lead the town towards scrutinizing the kitchen voters list - so long as your name doesn't come up.

1. Its early. There's not much to go on. You have to go for any lead you can get, otherwise how the hell will we ever get to 12 votes? Or am I doing it wrong?

2. I figure since you guys apparently don't lynch noobs on day 1, I have an opportunity to play aggressive at the moment. That'll probably hurt me later on, but what the hell. I'll cross that bridge on day 2.

1. Its early. There's not much to go on. You have to go for any lead you can get, otherwise how the hell will we ever get to 12 votes? Or am I doing it wrong?

2. I figure since you guys apparently don't lynch noobs on day 1, I have an opportunity to play aggressive at the moment. That'll probably hurt me later on, but what the hell. I'll cross that bridge on day 2.

Precisely why your day one "what have we learned" reeks of steering the town toward a 1-dimensional outlook on the kitchen voters - made obvious by your reaction to my post where I voted Slats.

So dismissive... even if you didn't know what you were doing when you said "stab" perhaps Slats did know what he was doing when he was trying to get people to guess "why scum wanted to go to the kitchen." Perhaps, he did know he was supposed to get people to say something about the kitchen to trigger an event.

You wanted to discuss the setup, so don't blow it off when people start questioning the way things shook out the minute your own name comes up. You are right at the center of it.

Precisely why your day one "what have we learned" reeks of steering the town toward a 1-dimensional outlook on the kitchen voters - made obvious by your reaction to my post where I voted Slats.

So dismissive... even if you didn't know what you were doing when you said "stab" perhaps Slats did know what he was doing when he was trying to get people to guess "why scum wanted to go to the kitchen." Perhaps, he did know he was supposed to get people to say something about the kitchen to trigger an event.

You wanted to discuss the setup, so don't blow it off when people start questioning the way things shook out the minute your own name comes up. You are right at the center of it.

Fair enough. Just pointing out you're wrong, is all. The fact that I was at the center of it is why I can blow it off, because I know it went down without me having any prior knowledge. Speaking from a position of the truth is a lot easier than trying to make things up to cover up a lie.

I believe it is altogether possible that scum knew the kitchen had an event trigger. I also believe they could have known how it worked. I don't necessarily believe they all voted for the kitchen though. Looking at the discussion of the game setup today, and the people perpetuating it... CTM, Slats, Jetfan80, Song... Seems odd to me that the almost too perfect setup question and answer from slats to JF80 is what set off the event. And now here they are trying to steer us toward thinking scum voted for kitchen...

Other than Slats and JF80, nobody brought up "ways of dying" except Pac:

Since Slats has been the most "out of character" in his play today, and I don't like the steering towards lynching off the kitchen vote train, and the fact that he served up that meatball pitch to JF80... I will

UNVOTE

VOTE SLATS

There's as much genius in this synopsis as there was in your D1 case against me in the last game.

Oh wait, you were scum when you were putting together cases this weak last time, right?

I thought it was odd how fast the kitchen vote steam-rolled, and that was what I was commenting on in that first post. I think it's possible that there are players with some sort of inside info -or hints- about the contents of the various rooms, but I think it's pretty unlikely that the scum team would have ALL of the necessary info to steer the town and get a cheap kill like that D1. Also think it's pretty ridiculous to think that the scum team would be so quick to expose not one, but two of it's members on the first real time day of the first day of the game, no?

So like last time, your premise is stupid. Is it just stupid, or is it scummy and stupid? I guess that's the next question.

And how am I out of character? Please explain for the class. Thanks. Maybe you and Vic can work that out and get back to the rest of us.

Fair enough. Just pointing out you're wrong, is all. The fact that I was at the center of it is why I can blow it off, because I know it went down without me having any prior knowledge. Speaking from a position of the truth is a lot easier than trying to make things up to cover up a lie.

Never said you were lying - all I did was say "what if" because somebody needed to point out a scenario that could be relevant outside of your short list of things "we" learned. Your list was short-sighted and only considered the speculative afterthoughts brought up by people today, some of whom could be scum, and doesn't actually tie the theories to any of the things that we saw happen.

Like I said, Slats could have been baiting the town into discussing things that could "happen" in the kitchen to try to trigger an event. Which is why I voted him, not you.

Your list was short-sighted and only considered the speculative afterthoughts brought up by people today, some of whom could be scum, and doesn't actually tie the theories to any of the things that we saw happen.

Of course it was short-sighted. I don't know how the f*** to play this game yet.

Like I said, Slats could have been baiting the town into discussing things that could "happen" in the kitchen to try to trigger an event. Which is why I voted him, not you.

Haha! You want out of character? That would be amazingly out of character for me to put myself out there like that as scum. Especially this early. I don't get blood-lust as scum until I see the end game in sight.

There's as much genius in this synopsis as there was in your D1 case against me in the last game.

Oh wait, you were scum when you were putting together cases this weak last time, right?

Metagaming at its finest. :rolleyes:

I thought it was odd how fast the kitchen vote steam-rolled, and that was what I was commenting on in that first post. I think it's possible that there are players with some sort of inside info -or hints- about the contents of the various rooms, but I think it's pretty unlikely that the scum team would have ALL of the necessary info to steer the town and get a cheap kill like that D1. Also think it's pretty ridiculous to think that the scum team would be so quick to expose not one, but two of it's members on the first real time day of the first day of the game, no?

Here you are basically saying the same thing I did... what if there are scum team members that have enough info to try to bait town into triggering events. All I did was connect that premise to some of the things that transpired. Key words I asked were "what if?" Both you and JF80 are getting hyper defensive though... not where you thought steering this kitchen voters theory would go?

So like last time, your premise is stupid. Is it just stupid, or is it scummy and stupid? I guess that's the next question.

Wait, you just summarized my premise above - but now its stupid? Hahahah.... and a little bit of OMGUS to boot! Not scummy at all...

And how am I out of character? Please explain for the class. Thanks. Maybe you and Vic can work that out and get back to the rest of us.

You are being smarmy and not your typical analytical self.

Your case building is terrible and your defending is worse. OMGUS and now you're essentially dropping a "You're stupid" defense.

Pretty lazy which is not a quality that is typically attached to you. Anyways,

Both you and JF80 are getting hyper defensive though... not where you thought steering this kitchen voters theory would go?

I consider it being offensive, actually. Like I said, I'm trying to force the issue in the early going with, essentially, day 1 immunity at my side. And yes, I actually am slightly annoyed that suggesting we re-visit the kitchen voters pointed your suspicions to me. I don't really see how the trigger that killed SMC would lead one to believe I'm in cahoots with slats.

Then again, I did ask for it. After all, I did vote for kitchen.

I'm very scared. The ape and I are thinking alike at the moment.

I consider it being offensive, actually. Like I said, I'm trying to force the issue in the early going with, essentially, day 1 immunity at my side. And yes, I actually am slightly annoyed that suggesting we re-visit the kitchen voters pointed your suspicions to me. I don't really see how the trigger that killed SMC would lead one to believe I'm in cahoots with slats.

Then again, I did ask for it. After all, I did vote for kitchen.

This is what you were asking people to examine, so I don't care if you are annoyed frankly. I put out there what I saw and connected it to the theories being bounced around carelessly by you guys.

If you guys are going to insist upon discussing set up, then I feel its best to discuss what I consider to be all of the angles related to this particular theory.

This is inordinately defensive given the number of votes on you and the number needed to lynch.

Vote: Slats

Never said you were lying - all I did was say "what if" because somebody needed to point out a scenario that could be relevant outside of your short list of things "we" learned. Your list was short-sighted and only considered the speculative afterthoughts brought up by people today, some of whom could be scum, and doesn't actually tie the theories to any of the things that we saw happen.

Oh, good. Gravity is pointing down, I'm no longer hanging out with Ochocinco, and I-28 is tossing out kee-ray-zee ideas. The world is finally making sense again.

This is what you were asking people to examine, so I don't care if you are annoyed frankly. I put out there what I saw and connected it to the theories being bounced around carelessly by you guys.

If you guys are going to insist upon discussing set up, then I feel its best to discuss what I consider to be all of the angles related to this particular theory.

Well it seemed like you DID care that I was annoyed, because to you that revealed something about my master plan. Personally, I'm not sure what to discuss other than setup. I'd like to hear more theories but....what else is there on Day 1?

Vote count:

Jif (1) – Brett

Pac (2) – Hess, 80

Hess (1) – Song

AVM (1) – JvoR

Gato (1) – BG

Slats (3) – Vic, I28, Doggin

CTM (2) – Verbal, Wombat

Sharrow (1) – AVM

Jetsfan80 (1) – Pac

Crusher (1) – Barm

I28 (1) – JC

JVoR (2) – CTM, JiF

Vic (1) - Slats

With 22 alive you need 12 to lynch.

No deadline yet.

Correct player list HERE

I'm on a piece of crap work computer, and can't format this post the way I'd like, so bear with me...

This is what you said:

You're obviously trying to tie me and JF80 together here.

I said this:

That's much different than what you were trying to say above.

You said you believe it's altogether possible that scum not only knew that the kitchen had an event trigger, but also believe they knew how it worked. That's a far cry from me saying that it's possible that there are players with some info or hints about how the rooms work. Yet you want to say we're saying the same thing...

Here you are basically saying the same thing I did... what if there are scum team members that have enough info to try to bait town into triggering events. All I did was connect that premise to some of the things that transpired. Key words I asked were "what if?" Both you and JF80 are getting hyper defensive though... not where you thought steering this kitchen voters theory would go?

Wait, you just summarized my premise above - but now its stupid? Hahahah.... and a little bit of OMGUS to boot! Not scummy at all...

...when we really aren't saying the same things at all. I'm talking about possible hints, you're talking about knowledge.

I hear this early in games every game. There's simply not much to be analytical about this early in any game, and as a result: I never am. That's why when people start piecing together these genius cases this early in the game, I start to smell something scummy. When those things are pieced together with me in the center, it just makes it that much easier for me to pick up on it.

Metagaming at its finest. :rolleyes:

<snip>

You know, accusing another player of metagaming tends to have more bite when you aren't doing the same thing yourself in the same damn post

This is starting to like like sloppy posting from someone who can't keep track of the arguments they're using to push a result, which I've found to be a pretty typical scumtell.

Still ok with the vote on slats, but I'm watching you a bit closely too.

(So for god's sake, put some damn clothes on!)

Oh, good. Gravity is pointing down, I'm no longer hanging out with Ochocinco, and I-28 is tossing out kee-ray-zee ideas. The world is finally making sense again.

You agreed with this...

But not with this...????

This is inordinately defensive given the number of votes on you and the number needed to lynch.

Vote: Slats

I'm at work, it's a little slow, and I'm being weaved into fairy scumtales pretty damn early in the game. Figured I'd respond.

Tomorrow, when you're all up during the day and I'm asleep, you can discuss my inactivity. :lol:

You agreed with this...

But not with this...????

I agreed with your general focus - Slats has me suspicious, as does JF80 (who is playing like either an all-star in the making or someone who's being coached by a more experienced player), probably more than any other player through that point in the thread. But the specifics? No. I made that clear in my response to CTM earlier.

as does JF80 (who is playing like either an all-star in the making or someone who's being coached by a more experienced player)

No coaching going on Doggin, so I accept your compliment. If I had a coach, he'd need to be online a lot. Notice how much post-whoring I've been doing all freaking day. I literally could not have found a better offseason time-waster than this game.

You're obviously trying to tie me and JF80 together here.

Perhaps yes. I'm not dismissing the idea - I just thought I'd put it out there and see what comes of the dialogue that follows. Compelling so far...

You said you believe it's altogether possible that scum not only knew that the kitchen had an event trigger, but also believe they knew how it worked. That's a far cry from me saying that it's possible that there are players with some info or hints about how the rooms work. Yet you want to say we're saying the same thing...

...when we really aren't saying the same things at all. I'm talking about possible hints, you're talking about knowledge.

I said they could have known, and it could be possible.... the underlying message being don't dismiss it as JF80 tried to do so quickly.

I came into the thread to discuss other angles regarding this theory about the kitchen. I think you are over-defending and splitting hairs here, I would consider any hint the mod gives anyone about the setup (be it rooms, roles or what have you) to be knowledge.

I hear this early in games every game. There's simply not much to be analytical about this early in any game, and as a result: I never am. That's why when people start piecing together these genius cases this early in the game, I start to smell something scummy. When those things are pieced together with me in the center, it just makes it that much easier for me to pick up on it.

So in other words: OMGUS

Archived